STOPPED - New graphic Interface for OMNIA

Guest Hellbender

Guest LeSScro
Screen Lock alpha released here. Grab it!

Thx for this update... very appreciate...

still work on WAD 2... better with your New Graph...

And any news about Developement code ? Still 2.5 Coders ?

A locker alpha version + alpha spinner version ! Don't Stop... B)

Can you share new Spinner pictures ? i see new design Button and new effect ! Wonderfull but arrow effect in previous version for task button and exi button, it s much better for me...

You have Added new icon = Wifi + Bluetooth + Active Sync + Portrait/Landscape = Really nice...

Edited by LeSScro

Guest deimoslp
Tried the Alpha on my HTC Prophet with WinMo6, doesn´t work..... :-(

Says something like "Graphic Driver doesn´t support a back-buffer"...

Unfortunately, I didn't design the code to be fully compatible with all existing hardware. (not to mention the existing resolutions...). For the time being I'd say that this is not our first priority, but the xml configuration file in the next release will improve flexibility a lot.

Having said that, I'm a little surprised that there's no backbuffer on the HTC Prophet, since it's a very common video feature.

Edited by deimoslp

Guest Akshay_LP

Wow! Great progress guyz! Great to see you back on track. Love the lock app, it would be just great integrated with your launcher.

Good goin people, keep it up.

Akshay

Guest ferrari85

Just tried the omnilock, works very well. I think after some performance tweaks and stuff, it'll be awesome. Potentially, it can replace the s2u2 B) Exciting times indeed B)

Guest fox3558

Hi Hellbender,

Your design had brought up lots of interest to Omnia owner, even in China...

There is a forum discussing about this project.

I was thinking to share the lock screen demo version in the website which they are discussing about this project.

http://www.kingmobile.net/bbs/thread-28305-1-1.html

Hope from there they can dig in more and continue the development and at least we have another forum which help on this, what do you say? if yes, please send all the code and necessary photo to me and i will help to translate and post it there to ask if any coder can help on that.

What i worried is they will change it into chinese version hahahaaaa......

p/s: i am not a coder, but i surf all the forum which related to Omina to look for cool things.

Hope this can help to speed up the cool omnia own UI.

Rgds,

Fox3558

Edited by fox3558

Guest Hellbender
Hi Hellbender,

Your design had brought up lots of interest to Omnia owner, even in China...

There is a forum discussing about this project.

I was thinking to share the lock screen demo version in the website which they are discussing about this project.

http://www.kingmobile.net/bbs/thread-28305-1-1.html

Hope from there they can dig in more and continue the development and at least we have another forum which help on this, what do you say? if yes, please send all the code and necessary photo to me and i will help to translate and post it there to ask if any coder can help on that.

What i worried is they will change it into chinese version hahahaaaa......

p/s: i am not a coder, but i surf all the forum which related to Omina to look for cool things.

Hope this can help to speed up the cool omnia own UI.

Rgds,

Fox3558

Unfortunately i'm not able to understand chinese B)

BTW actually i'm not interested in localizing the interface, we have plenty of more urgent things to do, and keep in mind that localization in this case will mean redoing some art, not just changing language inside an xml.

You can certainly post the demo on that forum, reporting your source (MoDaCo) in it.

Actually i'm a little worried about spreading this thing too much at this stage of work, i was thinking to let even go the thread I opened on XDA.

I need to keep a direct relation (instant messenger) with the coders to explain my ideas and to discuss workarounds and possibilities, and I need persons that have a working span similar to mine and can write a decent english.

At this time i'm dealing with 1,5 peoples at a time, soon they could be more.

Let's just wait and see how it goes.

Guest Hellbender
do you think a straight slide would be better ?

using one hand its difficult for me to unlock it.

~~~~~~~~

more about omnia

http://omnia.servehttp.com/omnia/

We will tweak (increase) the "sensible" zone of the slider to be more forgiving.

Btw it's easily unlockable with just the thumb, holding the phone with the same hand.

We will tweak (increase) the "sensible" zone of the slider to be more forgiving.

Btw it's easily unlockable with just the thumb, holding the phone with the same hand.

just had an idea .... make the slide with two options :

- right handed => slide from botton left to top right

/

- left handed => slide from botton right to top left

\

this is the default direction a normal finger goes... Lets be inovative and user friendly...

in which language r u programming ? i would like to help if possible.

Edited by septic

Guest Hellbender
Holy crap, this is freaking awesome! I looks so perfect! Even watch the clock counting is a pleasure! I already assigned it to a hardware button B)

I appreciate your enthusiasm but i suggest you to not be using it 'cause actually calls cant pass thru the lock. We will adjust this as soon as we introduce the id calling screen.

Im using it as secundary lock, first OmniLock, then Windows lock B)

Sms notification is working like a charm too B)

Edit: Ok, 2 locks isnt working, Ill have to wait, but still love it!

Edited by Gibeon

I'm using it for one day now, it is simply the best lockscreen ever made!

And, I made some HTC users very jalous, the same way they made me jalous of touchflo3D, but when this is finished, it wil beat everything!

Guest bluey09
UPDATE 03/12/08 - Images added + Lock Screen Demo

Hey all,

i've been following the board for a little. I'm an lucky Omnia owner and i really love it, particularly it's versatility.

I just regret the lack of cool interfaces (put Manilla 2d aside, it's awesome, but it's like having an htc device on our phones, not very exclusive).

Here are some quick layouts of an idea I had today, it's practically just eyecandy stuff, maybe not the top usability around but, you know, in our life we must satisfy ourselves...

So here they are, a portrait and a landscape view of what's laying in my mind:

launcherzf8.png

the home screen design:

homedb1.png

the audio profile control:

audioao5.png

the lock device screen:

lockqw1.png

Programs folder:

appstb7.png

Contacts page:

peoplecl5.png

the idea is to have a spinning wheel of icons, that allow to navigate between the main ambients of a mobile shell when tapped, just like SPB mobile shell or manilla, only more "graphic". The thing is conceived to be touch driven, with hrizontal sliding to spin the icons wheel and a vertical slide to access a secondary menu.

Actually the design phase is still underway, more screens will come.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE THAT THIS IS AN OMNIA EXCLUSIVE APPLICATION, NEVER BEEN TESTED ON OTHER DEVICES.

Attached is the FIRST RELEASE OF THE SCREEN LOCK, coded by DeimosLP.

Just unzip it everywhere you want and launch OmniLock.exe.

THIS ISN'T MEANT TO BE USED EVERYDAY at the moment, probably it drains battery very fast, haven't tried yet on long usage times.

A few notes about it:

- this is somehow a mockup since not everything has been implemented properly and we are still working on performance issues

- the main goal of this release is to get feedback and new ideas so we can improve the usability

what has been done :

- clock+date

- missed calls counts/sms count/mails count

- swing to unlock

- fade out on unlocking

- cool breathing "swing" logo

- fade in/out of the clock digits

what remains to be done:

- phone status and audio profile integration (as seen in the design)

- xml configuration file

- close the application on incoming call

- a lot of code cleaning/performance fixing

- interact with Speleomaniac's launcher

Cheers.

Hellbender.

Bloody awesome ... You are doing a great job dude ... keep it up

Thanks