RE-DUMPED - i900L (Triband 3G) Brazilian ROM

Guest lionheartk

Guest whatledog
the omnia HD will be symbian, not Windows Mobile.. that sucks a lot!!!

Now, now... There's still that rumor of a WM Omnia HD, which I think would be perfect for me, on ATT 3G, or not! B)

Guest ronaldb3
Well... All I got now is Edge, so what's the difference? But I want the WM so I can all my apps, plus mono BlueTooth, or it's a no-go for me. :(

Notice when you need internet or such your phone symbol goes from no symbol or symbol G (G1) to E for Edge (about G2 or G2.5, I've heard). Even tho US AT&T can do G3, Omnia i900 doesn't. B)

Maybe someone with more technical knowledge will add more info for us.

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest whatledog
Notice when you need internet or such your phone symbol goes from no symbol or symbol G (G1) to E for Edge (about G2 or G2.5, I've heard). Even tho US AT&T can do G3, Omnia i900 doesn't. B)

Maybe someone with more technical knowledge will add more info for us.

Ron...

LOL!!! I'm too cheap for to pay for any data plans on my phone!!! The only thing I need to connect is wifi and BT. I don't even text message, cuz I'm that cheap!!! No, really... I don't see the need to text, but my daughter goes grazy with texting with her fuze. (She doesn't have a data plan, either, cuz Daddy pays for her contract. :( )

I know, Off topic...Sorry.

Guest iury_simas

@Alinez,

Hey girl, I'm also from Brazil and I just got my i900L from TIM (I already unlocked it). I'm planning on flashing a custom rom (just the pda part) because I don't want a freaking PT-BR phone, BUT I wanted to make a backup of the original rom with PT-BR before anything.

Care to explain how you did it? I read the whole thread and I saw how you did to extract the raw files, but how did you make them flashable (I'm not even sure this word exists B))?

Guest alinez
@Alinez,

Hey girl, I'm also from Brazil and I just got my i900L from TIM (I already unlocked it). I'm planning on flashing a custom rom (just the pda part) because I don't want a freaking PT-BR phone, BUT I wanted to make a backup of the original rom with PT-BR before anything.

Care to explain how you did it? I read the whole thread and I saw how you did to extract the raw files, but how did you make them flashable (I'm not even sure this word exists B) )?

We didnt manage to get it flashable... There is no way to dump a i900L rom from a phone.

if you flash the i900L with any i900 rom, just do the pda and csc part using the grandprix using windows xp. If you flash it using the exe file, you'll loose the 3g bands.

Guest gahbriel

Hey ppl, I got bad news for you.

I couldnt read all the topic but from what i saw u were trying to unlock more frequencies for the i900. Sadly, this cant be done from what i know. i900l is larger than its cousin probably due to the extra hw to get these freqs. theres the testimonial of a girl which opened both of them and confirmed it (but i cant say its trustworthy).

Has anyone already gotten the i900l ROM for the phone? I screwed mine, jusst like the other guy on the forum... =/

regards

Guest iury_simas

@Alinez,

Done it. Didn't work. Stuck on the "Samsung OMNIA" during boot.

Used:

QBUS Custom Manila Rom (http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-rom-discussion/279392/qbus-custom-roms-dxia5-qb06-dxia5-qb06m/)

WinXP SP3

Grand Prix 1.6.4 (Phone Bootloader Update & Format Device's Internal Large Disk UNCHECKED)

Extracted the PDA & CSC part from the custom ROM with EXEcutor

:excl:

Help?! PLEASSSEEEEE

Guest alinez
@Alinez,

Done it. Didn't work. Stuck on the "Samsung OMNIA" during boot.

Used:

QBUS Custom Manila Rom (http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-rom-discussion/279392/qbus-custom-roms-dxia5-qb06-dxia5-qb06m/)

WinXP SP3

Grand Prix 1.6.4 (Phone Bootloader Update & Format Device's Internal Large Disk UNCHECKED)

Extracted the PDA & CSC part from the custom ROM with EXEcutor

:excl:

Help?! PLEASSSEEEEE

try a hard reset, or reflash again. If you see the omnia logo, your windows XP will find it and you can reflash it.

Guest ntbook
We didnt manage to get it flashable... There is no way to dump a i900L rom from a phone.

if you flash the i900L with any i900 rom, just do the pda and csc part using the grandprix using windows xp. If you flash it using the exe file, you'll loose the 3g bands.

I have a i900L form argentina (Personal is the operator). As I have flashed it with exes from several ROMs wich were made for the i900 I had lost the 3g.

Now, everytime I flash with one of those ROMS (now I use the Khuanchai 3in1, excellent ROM by the way!) I can restore the 3G using only the phone.bin part of this Venezuela ROM and flashing that part only with grandprix

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/284545/...al-one/page/20/

I think that is not a very new Radio part, but it works so far!

Edited by ntbook

Guest iury_simas

Did you flash your device with a full i900 custom rom for the first time?

Did you use the EBOOT part when flashing with Grand Prix?

try a hard reset, or reflash again. If you see the omnia logo, your windows XP will find it and you can reflash it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest alinez

Hi, I am in USA right now using my ATT simcard on my braziliam i900L and the 3g network works really good. :D

I would like to ask everybody asking me questions about the i900L rom from claro that we were trying to dump to look at the forum for their answers, all of them are here, you dont need to PM me and lion. Everything we did are discussed here!!!

We did not get to dump the radio rom from the claro i900L, just got the raw files.

regards

Aline

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rayanmx

Hello,

I'm about to flash my Mexican i900L (LUMHJ3) Omnia to some other ROM but first I would like to crete a dump of it.

Can you let me know where are the tools for the dump?

I know lastnikita's but as far as I can tell, it does not dump the whole thing like Jeanne8fr technique?

I will share the ROM to anyone interested.

Thanks!

RayanMX

Guest Ivan Cype

Hey guys, i would like to know if the Omnias that Vivo sells in Brazil are the I900 "L" or the "I" version? I believe its "I" but I need to make sure of it...

Thanks!

Guest etaraz
Hello,

I'm about to flash my Mexican i900L (LUMHJ3) Omnia to some other ROM but first I would like to crete a dump of it.

I know lastnikita's but as far as I can tell, it does not dump the whole thing like Jeanne8fr technique?

Thanks!

RayanMX

RayanMX, please share your ROM! Thanks!

Edited by etaraz

Guest Jeanne8fr
Hello,

Thanks!

RayanMX

Where in MX did you buy that i900L ?. Does it work in 3G in MX ?. I thought that the 3G bands in Mexico where the same as the USA.

Jeannette

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I am in USA right now using my ATT simcard on my braziliam i900L and the 3g network works really good. :D

I would like to ask everybody asking me questions about the i900L rom from claro that we were trying to dump to look at the forum for their answers, all of them are here, you dont need to PM me and lion. Everything we did are discussed here!!!

We did not get to dump the radio rom from the claro i900L, just got the raw files.

regards

Aline

I tried to flash my Omnia with Phone_i900LVMHK1_HK2 (phone bin only) and I can confirm that 3G doesn't work. I agree what Aline said that: it is a HW problem

Guest matheus.sifuentes

Good night,

I need to install the rom claro in omnia, he must take the guarantee, but it changed the rom, I learned to change the rom the warranty does not cover, does someone get the original rom claro operator brasil and I could learn to install again?

sorry for bad English.

Thank you.

att,

Matheus

• 3 weeks later...
Guest leungda

Guys:

Do someone want to try the phone part from different country. Here is a small list for you. Please report if any one of this working on NA 3G. If you know any update phone part. Please let me know. I will update the list.

(phone.bin ONLY)

DXHL2 ---- doesn't work on NA 3G

XXHI2 - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ppknbr

ZHIE1 - http://rapidshare.com/files/243953067/ZHIE1_Phone.rar

DXIA2 - http://rapidshare.com/files/221276509/DXIA2_Phone.rar

I opened a new thread for more testing

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...e-part-testing/

Edited by leungda