RE-DUMPED - i900L (Triband 3G) Brazilian ROM

Guest lionheartk

The app running there is called "DeviceTest.exe". I tried copying it from the the I907 Dump (haven't tried with the I900L) and the extra menus just say "Null".

I was trying to figure out what files it accesses or registry keys it reads for this information.

Aside: When you press *#32489# what do you see on the I900L?

you get this:

Curr Cipher : Enabled

[1] Ciphering : OFF

[2] Ciphering : ON

Here you can enable and disable the Ciphering (Dunno what that is)

I am sorry, I meant: *#2263# - (i.e. \Windows\bandsel.exe -band)

Here you get:

[1] Automatic [*]

[2] WCDMA Band Preference

[3] GSM Band Preference

On mine it's enabled the 1 (Automatic)

You can see all this confgs downloading the i900L video I uploaded here for u guys

Ok people, lets focus on something:

1- we DO have our dumped i900L part02.raw (thanks to lionheartk)

2- we DO have the confuguration for the triband 3g from i900L

3- we have on our regular omnia just the confguration for the 2100 band.

So, What if we change the i900 configuration for the 2100 band and put the i900L configuration for the 800 band??? We might have the 850 working (but loose the 2100).

Guest lionheartk

so alinez now we are 2 that can dump and dissecate the L ;-)

We need lufeig or a chef to take a look at the new files and see if they can cook a flashable rom

Edited by lionheartk

I'll take pictures of both motherboards and post it here, but I'll do it tomorrow, 'cause it's night and the pictures do not come well with flash...

I can say that, the i900L has two AVAGO chips that the i900 doesn't have.

The other components are also diffent models, Qualcomm msm6281 ba0457.0 h1822000 on i900L and Qualcomm msm6281 da0527.0 c1828001.

So I think secany is right, its not sofware related but hardware.

Ok guys, thats now confirmed, the two components AVAGO that we have on the i900L motherboard and don't have on the i900 motherboard are amplifiers for UMTS 1900 and 800:

Avago ACPM-7331: UMTS1900 4x4 Power Amplifier Module (1850-1910MHz)

and

Avago ACPM-7311: UMTS800 4x4 Power Amplifier (824-849MHz)

information found at avago's home page looking for the part number written on the i900L components.

So, we cannot flash the i900L to our i900 phones. It wont work, we do have just the 2100 module on our motheerboard. The worst case scenario, it will brick our i900 phone.. the best case scenario, it'll work with 2100 only, and have a lot of bugs (cause the motheterboard components are different).

But, however, I believe we can configure our 2100 module to work on 850mhz intead of 2100. For that, we need someone who knows how to configure this, taking into consideration the configuration on the i900L for the 800mhz band I provided here on the i900L video.

Any telecom eng. willing to help us with that??

Another information, the module we have for the i900 2100mhz is the part number SKY77170-11 wich is:

SKY77170 Power Amplifier Module for WCDMA / HSDPA (1920–1980 MHz) from skyworks inc.

We have this same module at i900L (and also the 1900 and 800 modules).

oh god.... sorry alinez, i said the forbidden word :rolleyes:

was just kidding, thanks for the effort alinez.......looks like we have to wait 'til the update for i900L came out, then.

hahhahahhaha :rolleyes:

Yeah, Im a girl.

The i900L rom will not work for our i900. As I said before, the i900L has 3 chips (one for 2100, one for 850 and the other for 1900). Our regular i900 just have one chip (for 2100) but maybe, maybe we can convert it to get the 850 instead of 2100, but we need an telecom expert to change its configuration.

hahhahahhaha :rolleyes:

Yeah, Im a girl.

The i900L rom will not work for our i900. As I said before, the i900L has 3 chips (one for 2100, one for 850 and the other for 1900). Our regular i900 just have one chip (for 2100) but maybe, maybe we can convert it to get the 850 instead of 2100, but we need an telecom expert to change its configuration.

well, not too many girls can do what u've done. at least i've never seen one... adorable

well, not too many girls can do what u've done. at least i've never seen one... adorable

Well, I can do what you can, except lifting a sofa... but I can drag it though... :rolleyes:

Well, I can do what you can, except lifting a sofa... but I can drag it though... :rolleyes:

i have no doubt about that at all....... i've watched ur video and looked up my i900, there r a lot diff in the configration menu. i'm hoping that samsung will release an update in brazil soon.

Guest lionheartk

hey lancez, can you lift a sofa? :rolleyes:

Damn, alinez we need to find out how to cook our own roms then I guess, unless the PDA part is the same as the i900. Just put MSN on this notebook today.

Guest Jeanne8fr
hey lancez, can you lift a sofa? :rolleyes:

Damn, alinez we need to find out how to cook our own roms then I guess, unless the PDA part is the same as the i900. Just put MSN on this notebook today.

It looks like changing the rom won't help if the band chips are not in. I think maybe we need to move on and accept the fact that our phones will only work on edge.

Use the Wifi and maybe travel to place where they have 2100 3g :-)

Jeannette

a girl too...

Guest Turb0wned

@Lancez

I love it and still dont regret it. Browsing the internet on such a big screen and hi-res is awesome. Edge for some reason on it is way quicker than on my Omnia. And Touch-FLO 3D is beautiful. I put a few movies into it and wow! Also the part that is very improved is the GPS. No more waiting a 10 seconds or mins for a fix. As soon as i start Garmin XT I already have signal and even inside my house. Also the Wifi is alot more improved and the range of the wifi is to.

alinez you have came on here and posted some really good info.

Hopefully there is still a way.

It looks like changing the rom won't help if the band chips are not in. I think maybe we need to move on and accept the fact that our phones will only work on edge.

Use the Wifi and maybe travel to place where they have 2100 3g :-)

Jeannette

a girl too...

:rolleyes: :) :( , u've done some impressive work as well, which we all appreciated. about the damn 3G, i guess we have no choice. maybe a group trip to Brazil? :(

@Lancez

I love it and still dont regret it. Browsing the internet on such a big screen and hi-res is awesome. Edge for some reason on it is way quicker than on my Omnia. And Touch-FLO 3D is beautiful. I put a few movies into it and wow! Also the part that is very improved is the GPS. No more waiting a 10 seconds or mins for a fix. As soon as i start Garmin XT I already have signal and even inside my house. Also the Wifi is alot more improved and the range of the wifi is to.

alinez you have came on here and posted some really good info.

Hopefully there is still a way.

that sounds good. i probably will get myself one of those babies