RE-DUMPED - i900L (Triband 3G) Brazilian ROM

Guest lionheartk

Guest alinez

Lionheartk,

Unlock your phone:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...omnia-it-works/

1. type *7465625*638*# to set

2. type your MCC/MNC code (list here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Network_Code), --> 72405 for Brazilian Claro

3. type your new NCK (12345678), then OK

3. type *#7465625# to check your lock

4. type #7465625*638*# and type your NCK (12345678)

5. enjoy.

So, you will type this:

(without sim card, take out the sim card first)

*7465625*638*#

72405 in the first field

12345678 in the second field

press OK

*#7465625# (see if it is set to "network locked" enabled)

#7465625*638*# and type 12345678

and you should see a messagem succesfully set bla bla bla (I dont remember exactly now)

well, you can check it by typing *#7465625# and see if its now disabled the network lock.

Thanks to mad-dam

I did it on my i900L and worked.

After that, try with another simcard (vivo, tim, oi...) and if its ok, re-dump your new unlocked i900L rom :rolleyes:

:************

Guest rosado1013
Lionheartk,

Unlock your phone:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...omnia-it-works/

1. type *7465625*638*# to set

2. type your MCC/MNC code (list here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Network_Code), --> 72405 for Brazilian Claro

3. type your new NCK (12345678), then OK

3. type *#7465625# to check your lock

4. type #7465625*638*# and type your NCK (12345678)

5. enjoy.

So, you will type this:

(without sim card, take out the sim card first)

*7465625*638*#

72405 in the first field

12345678 in the second field

press OK

*#7465625# (see if it is set to "network locked" enabled)

#7465625*638*# and type 12345678

and you should see a messagem succesfully set bla bla bla (I dont remember exactly now)

well, you can check it by typing *#7465625# and see if its now disabled the network lock.

Thanks to mad-dam

I did it on my i900L and worked.

After that, try with another simcard (vivo, tim, oi...) and if its ok, re-dump your new unlocked i900L rom :rolleyes:

:************

This dont works to i607 Blackjack ?

Guest lufeig

did you see this topic? http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...ked-tim-brasil/

the guy flashed his i900L with one of my cooked roms, which are designed for the i900.

now he can only complete calls where WCDMA is not present (when 3G icon does not show on screen).

edit: what i meant was, if the pda part is working flawlessly, then IT IS POSSIBLE to flash an i900L with the PDA part of i900. and IT IS POSSIBLE to flash the radio part of i900L with radio part of i900, but then it becomes faulty.

probably if you flash the radio part of your i900 with the radio rom of an i900L, straight, with no mods, good chances that it will not be 100% functional.

Edited by lufeig

Guest alinez
did you see this topic? http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...ked-tim-brasil/

the guy flashed his i900L with one of my cooked roms, which are designed for the i900.

now he can only complete calls where WCDMA is not present (when 3G icon does not show on screen).

edit: what i meant was, if the pda part is working flawlessly, then IT IS POSSIBLE to flash an i900L with the PDA part of i900. and IT IS POSSIBLE to flash the radio part of i900L with radio part of i900, but then it becomes faulty.

probably if you flash the radio part of your i900 with the radio rom of an i900L, straight, with no mods, good chances that it will not be 100% functional.

Lufeig, we guessed it already.. I flashed Passoa's PDA+CSC files only on my i900L and it works perfect.

My plan was to get a valid I900L phone.bin and a date matching I900 Phone.bin and to compare them to find the differences.

I would also like to find an I907 Phone.bin to see the differences here. The device settings on the I900L are different from the I907 despite the fact that they use the same radio part and they support the same 3G bands. However I was unable to find any Amps on my I907, so it may be that by using a similar config or drivers from I907 we can ignore the amp to directly access the 1900 and 850 3g bands.

Are there good instructions for dumping a phone.bin from a samsung device? I am used to HTC devices and it seems like many of the guides did not work for people. (they were only able to get the pda.bin, csc.bin and ebootrom.nb0)

Guest alinez
By the way, Alinez - I am located in Seattle and I currently use AT&T as this has the best 3G support here.

I use AT&T when I'm in US... Cool, I can call you for free then :rolleyes:

Guest picky-picasso
I use AT&T when I'm in US... Cool, I can call you for free then :rolleyes:

09J279669A305422T Lion. PP from pp.

Just read that alinez just went out and bought the phone and then took it apart and put it back together. That's hot.

pp

Guest ryboto
My plan was to get a valid I900L phone.bin and a date matching I900 Phone.bin and to compare them to find the differences.

I would also like to find an I907 Phone.bin to see the differences here. The device settings on the I900L are different from the I907 despite the fact that they use the same radio part and they support the same 3G bands. However I was unable to find any Amps on my I907, so it may be that by using a similar config or drivers from I907 we can ignore the amp to directly access the 1900 and 850 3g bands.

Are there good instructions for dumping a phone.bin from a samsung device? I am used to HTC devices and it seems like many of the guides did not work for people. (they were only able to get the pda.bin, csc.bin and ebootrom.nb0)

So, why are we so focused on the i900L? Should we be trying to get an i907 rom on here?

Guest alinez

Hi people, now that my pda is in english, the grabit thing worked and gave me this dump.bin file and a hidden folder:

dump.rar

I tried to extract it using i900kitchen rom but did not extract anything, so I think its not a flasheable file.

Someone could try to give it a look?

thanks

Hmm, I am not sure what that is. It seems to have the standard form of a Dump.bin file, but it appears that most of the data is zero'ed out (Or set to 0xD) - hence the massing compression.

I am thinking about flashing an I907 Phone.bin (HK1) onto my Omnia using grandprix. The file is smaller than my existing phone.bin (13Meg vs 16.1Meg) so it should not write beyond the end of its allocated space (which would definitely brick it). If it doesn't work I hope that I can flash it back - otherwise I'll be going through the unbrick process...

It seems like my Edge Reception from AT&T has gotten worse lately in Seattle. It used to be pretty fast and I always had full bars. This may be related to those rumours about AT&T's deciding to make like difficult for Edge users (hard to believe, I think that there must be more to it than the rumours online)

Flashing the I780 Radio (I could not find I907) made the phone permanently "off". So I switched to DXHL3 Phone.bin.

Does anyone know the internal structure of the phone.bin files? They seem to consist of a number of subfiles and I imagine a directory and/or jump table.

The different phone.bin's seem to have the same offsets (at least for the first couple of files).

Various look like stripped exe or dll formats with cdata, pdata, etc.

By the way, Alinez - your latest dump.bin seems to have GPSID.dll in it and the hidden folder is the windows Digital Rights Management file. This only matters when using WMA and other formats that support DRM.

It may also contain DRM for security enabled emails - we get a lot of those where I work (Microsoft Games Studio).

Alinez - Do you run Vista by any chance? Have you synced with Vista WMDC?

Hey Guys, I heard a nasty rumor of having plans to start with different speeds and amounts for download. I believe that AT&T is doing a test on the East coast.

Maybe that's why Edge is slower. I noticed the same in Los Angeles.

ps. Please make 3G work for I900

Edited by Jeroi

Guest alinez
Flashing the I780 Radio (I could not find I907) made the phone permanently "off". So I switched to DXHL3 Phone.bin.

Does anyone know the internal structure of the phone.bin files? They seem to consist of a number of subfiles and I imagine a directory and/or jump table.

The different phone.bin's seem to have the same offsets (at least for the first couple of files).

Various look like stripped exe or dll formats with cdata, pdata, etc.

By the way, Alinez - your latest dump.bin seems to have GPSID.dll in it and the hidden folder is the windows Digital Rights Management file. This only matters when using WMA and other formats that support DRM.

It may also contain DRM for security enabled emails - we get a lot of those where I work (Microsoft Games Studio).

Alinez - Do you run Vista by any chance? Have you synced with Vista WMDC?

I think this grabit thing is for HTC...

I use vista and XP, the phone sync well with vista (windows mobile device center) but I never flash the phone on Vista. (Just on XP)

So, where you work, they don't need a portuguese translator? :rolleyes:

Guest KosWus

Hey guys, new to the forum but I've been waiting for the omnia to come out for ages and was ready to just buy the non US 3G. I know it's a little off topic but just wanted to get people's opinion. I don't plan to us 3G for now but maybe in the future I'd like to have that option. Do you guys think that there will be English versions of the I900L unlocked for the US any time soon (i don't mean officially just through ebay or something)? I can't do anything fancy like flash the phone or reconstruct bin files so I kinda need a preset up phone to work with a sim card when I get it. I'm not in any rush but don't want to wait another month for a phone (current one being a beaten up Rizr) and I'm just cringing trying to pick between waiting and hopping for a unlocked I900L in english or just getting a I900 and deal with the lack of 3G. Any thoughts or references will be appreciated. Oh also does anyone know just when the I900L became available?

Thanks

Guest alinez
Hey guys, new to the forum but I've been waiting for the omnia to come out for ages and was ready to just buy the non US 3G. I know it's a little off topic but just wanted to get people's opinion. I don't plan to us 3G for now but maybe in the future I'd like to have that option. Do you guys think that there will be English versions of the I900L unlocked for the US any time soon (i don't mean officially just through ebay or something)? I can't do anything fancy like flash the phone or reconstruct bin files so I kinda need a preset up phone to work with a sim card when I get it. I'm not in any rush but don't want to wait another month for a phone (current one being a beaten up Rizr) and I'm just cringing trying to pick between waiting and hopping for a unlocked I900L in english or just getting a I900 and deal with the lack of 3G. Any thoughts or references will be appreciated. Oh also does anyone know just when the I900L became available?

Thanks

The i900L is available in Brazil, but it is quite expensive (electronics here are expensive). If you want I can get you one, install an english rom, unlock it and send to you in US. Some people on this forum have been asking me to do that.

Guest Jeanne8fr
The i900L is available in Brazil, but it is quite expensive (electronics here are expensive). If you want I can get you one, install an english rom, unlock it and send to you in US. Some people on this forum have been asking me to do that.

Alinez,

So when you flash the PDA only you have to use GrandPrix or can you just flash an exe and stop it before it upgrades the phone?

If I got a i900L I would like to be able to upgrade the ROM. I read horror stories about using GrandPrix though.

I am thinking about buying the i900L. I can sell my i900 in France. I am French so I can put it on some sites over there like www.eBay.fr or www.Priceminister.com.

How much would a i900L cost me?

You can answer privately at jeanne8 AT eblw.com if you want.

Jeannette

Oakland. CA

Guest alinez
Alinez,

So when you flash the PDA only you have to use GrandPrix or can you just flash an exe and stop it before it upgrades the phone?

If I got a i900L I would like to be able to upgrade the ROM. I read horror stories about using GrandPrix though.

I am thinking about buying the i900L. I can sell my i900 in France. I am French so I can put it on some sites over there like www.eBay.fr or www.Priceminister.com.

How much would a i900L cost me?

You can answer privately at jeanne8 AT eblw.com if you want.

Jeannette

Oakland. CA

Jeannette, Thats what you do:

1) you get the rom you want to flash to your i900L (bin or exe),

2) then you extract it using the extract tool from the i900RomKitchen,

3)then, with grandPrix, you select the pda file (pda.bin) and the csc file. Do not choose anything for the radio or for the boot.

4)Then you can flash it without problems.

I tried first with mirage LV, but did not work, worked fine with grandprix (using windows xp). To unlock it, someone gave us instructions here at modaco, I posted it in this topic too. (I unlocked mine succesfully).

So, you cannot flash the i900 radio part on the i900L because it'll mess up the radio config that is different for the i900L. And its good not to mess with the boot. (The phone will not brick if the boot part is ok - with the boot ok, you still can get it detected by windows and flash it again). If you want I can do it for you before getting it shipped to france (just let me know what rom you want).

Alinez,

How much would a i900L cost me?]

I too would like to find out the possibility of getting The I900L. I really miss 3G and it sounds like my omnia I900 is never going to be able to get 3G

plz let me know too.

[email protected]

Edited by Jeroi

Guest KosWus

Oh really wow, thanks that sounds good, let me know how much the phone would cost plus whatever it would cost for your troubles and I'll think about it, I'm not super loaded but am very interested. Oh the rom version you use doesn't have that problem with only being able to make calls in 3G network areas right? feel free to reply in any way shape or form.

Thanks

I think this grabit thing is for HTC...

I use vista and XP, the phone sync well with vista (windows mobile device center) but I never flash the phone on Vista. (Just on XP)

So, where you work, they don't need a portuguese translator? :rolleyes:

Hi Alinez,

I work in Seattle. I would love to hire you for our mobile or internationalization group, but right now I don't have the authority for that. I can just hire Software engineers and designers as the other groups are on a hiring block due to the economic times...

Do you have any experience writing games on mobile devices?

we ned to keep this alive! Some of us can't afford to spend more money on another phone. Anyone have any more ideas regarding the i907? Is the i900L a dead end for vanilla i900 owners?

Guest t_comer
we ned to keep this alive! Some of us can't afford to spend more money on another phone. Anyone have any more ideas regarding the i907? Is the i900L a dead end for vanilla i900 owners?

Calling all hackers here :D I just looked inside DXHL3 phone .bin and it all looks like a bunch of C code with debug info :) Did search for strings like "wcdma", "umts" and "2100" and near those noticed a lot of references to wcdma and umts 1900, 1800, 850 and such. So I believe the original code has all the references for 850/1900 bands. The problem is to disassemble it (which should not be hard without any compression, protection and with all debug info) and patch to initialize our bands instead of 2100. Unfortunetely my knowledge of hacking ends here, so anyone can look into this? At least prove or disprove the idea of hacking it?