minimod Camera applet & driver

Guest Pako777

Guest fenomeno83

I am a photo amateur..in an Italian forum we works to get the best camera settings!!

increase saturation and Contrast is not good..photos become too much unreal (as a cartoon)

the problem of omnia(and maybe of samsung camera in general) is over exposed..for this it's necessary by default decrease brightness..

after it's good also increase sharpen to get more detail (but not too much,because in this manner will introdice artifacts)...

best settings to get photos not over exposed, with real color and a good sharp(but without artifacts) are

BRIGHTNESS -1

SHARPEN +1 (it's good also +2, but in general for a general situation it's bettere use +1)

please, can you do a dll with this settings?

only brightness -1 and sharpen +1..TRY THESE

Edited by fenomeno83

Guest bobobird

I agree with fenomeno83.

Settings are determined by the lighting conditions AT THE TIME of the shot being taken. There can never be a univerally correct setting for brightness and contrast. Same with sharpness, you can get by with a bit over the minimum but risking artifacts etc means no point taking the risk. That is why Samsung has left these settings alone so that you can adjust as you see fit for that point in time.

90% of you guys seem to think as if there is something wrong with the camera by not being able to make a permanent setting. There is nothing wrong with the camera (except the flashlight part).

Why don't you guys go look at the shots in the User Photos post ??? 95% of all those photos were taken with the default settings ie 0 0 0.

Guest shokka9

just to add to bobo...

i using the version 1, and to be honest didnt notice much difference if any. Which is good, after everybodies comments, i wll probably carru on using the version 1 in my ROM builds. Unless something dramatically major is developed. Changing settings is something that will not improve the camera permanently (only in certain conditions). So version 1 is enough for me.

Hope that made sense?

Guest fenomeno83
I agree with fenomeno83.

Settings are determined by the lighting conditions AT THE TIME of the shot being taken. There can never be a univerally correct setting for brightness and contrast. Same with sharpness, you can get by with a bit over the minimum but risking artifacts etc means no point taking the risk. That is why Samsung has left these settings alone so that you can adjust as you see fit for that point in time.

90% of you guys seem to think as if there is something wrong with the camera by not being able to make a permanent setting. There is nothing wrong with the camera (except the flashlight part).

Why don't you guys go look at the shots in the User Photos post ??? 95% of all those photos were taken with the default settings ie 0 0 0.

yes..I agree...doesn't exisist general settings for all condition, but in medium exists better settings than original..

for this I explaned that it's important decrease brightness, because all omnia photos are overexposed..and also you can increase sharpen by 1 point(this don't generate artifacts..I tried it in too many situations)

in general brightness -1 and sharpeness +1 generate an better balanced result than default settings :(

Pako,can you share code about videoes?in this manner we can talk about video increase quality

Edited by fenomeno83

I am a photo amateur..in an Italian forum we works to get the best camera settings!!

increase saturation and Contrast is not good..photos become too much unreal (as a cartoon)

the problem of omnia(and maybe of samsung camera in general) is over exposed..for this it's necessary by default decrease brightness..

after it's good also increase sharpen to get more detail (but not too much,because in this manner will introdice artifacts)...

best settings to get photos not over exposed, with real color and a good sharp(but without artifacts) are

BRIGHTNESS -1

SHARPEN +1 (it's good also +2, but in general for a general situation it's bettere use +1)

fenomeno83 is a very expert of photo!!! make as he says!!! :(

Guest Pako777

Today I shall make LAST version of the driver... And under each person it is hard to make that.

brightness = -1

sharpness = +1

contrast = 0

saturation = 0

And all !!

Video do not manage to be made yet... Above already explained why

Guest Pako777
fenomeno83 is a very expert of photo!!! make as he says!!! B)

You are sure?... I'm expert too.. and what? :( I modified characteristics of the driver what did not suffice... But as say - how many people are so much and opinions.. I think, that the version A - the most real version

Guest shokka9

first version is good enough.

changing settings and then cooking it, is no guarantee of good picture. These settings are only for certain conditions and not a fix for the camera.

Please leave pako777 to do what he does best!!

Guest fenomeno83
Today I shall make LAST version of the driver... And under each person it is hard to make that.

brightness = -1

sharpness = +1

contrast = 0

saturation = 0

And all !!

Video do not manage to be made yet... Above already explained why

where is new driver? :(

Guest Pako777
where is new driver? B)

Where, where? :( Will be.. But not today... Tomorrow - the day after tomorrow.. To me in fact also to work it is necessary - to feed family.. :P

Guest shokka9

i think people forget that we actually have real lives, which includes family, friends, jobs, and plenty of other things to do.

Omnia is not the whole purpose of living...we do what we do, when we can and try to do stuff as often as we can. But people need to appreciate this also.

shokka9

Guest fenomeno83

this feature is very HOT!

At shooting in a mode Quality-High JPEG-compression is established on a minimum level

:(

are you noticed any differences with original samsung omnia compression? more details? more noise? B)

Guest bobobird

Pako, shokka, taril etc - you might want to hold off for a short while. An update is coming for the Omnia and that should bring with it new ROMs which may (may or may not) have fixed these issues.

Personally, I think only removing compression is enough to give us pictures that can be properly corrected/edited with external software without the need for the phone to do everything.

Guest fenomeno83
Pako, shokka, taril etc - you might want to hold off for a short while. An update is coming for the Omnia and that should bring with it new ROMs which may (may or may not) have fixed these issues.

Personally, I think only removing compression is enough to give us pictures that can be properly corrected/edited with external software without the need for the phone to do everything.

yes, I like have minimum compression and after correct photos with external software....but many people prefer have a good photo without use photoshop etc..for this I told if minimum compression in omnia photos create for example more noise :(

Guest bobobird
for this I told if minimum compression in omnia photos create for example more noise :(

Minimum compression creates MORE noise ???

That should not be....

Judging by size of the saved photos and comparing to size in an old 2mp and 5mp point-shoot, my very rough guess is that Omnia may be compressing by as much as 75%, but I am not expert.

Guest Pako777
Is there easy way to make several scripts for camera settings than making changes in its driver?

Suggest to correct camera.exe applet? I do not have source codes to it.

Guest Pako777
are you noticed any differences with original samsung omnia compression? more details? more noise? :(

In a body of the driver the code responsible for compression JPEG has been found - it stood not at the maximal level on quality. I have exposed minimal of possible compression. Made some test pictures - in some cases (at insufficient illumination) differences were not any, and in the some cases (at good \ excellent illumination) the difference was. It was expressed that at increase in a picture there was hardly more detailed elaboration (~ 5-10 %) and the volume of a jpeg-file grew.

It there is enough explanation??!

another question...it is possibile increase audio quality in videos?for example increasing sampling from 8000hz to...

Searched superficially - has not found. It yet does not excite me