minimod Camera applet & driver

Guest Pako777

Guest Pako777

in my opinion driver IA2 and IA5 differ nothing..

ps.. Excuse friends, but I have absolutely overlooked to lay out to you CameraX B) this is mod applet Camera.exe.

Now at saving the photo\video-material will be located in files with name YYMMDD_HHMMSS (expansion remains constant) where YY - year (last 2 figures), MM - month, DD - day, HH - hour, MM - minute, SS - second started shootings. For example:

090318_150106.mp4

090318_150535.jpg

090318_154029.3gp.

CameraX_va_IA2_Pako777.zip

Guest MickyMax

Thanks it's working fine but it saves the picture in the "DCIM\100SSCAM" folder. Possible to remove "100SSCAM" to have all pictures in "DCIM" ?

Guest Pako777
Thanks it's working fine but it saves the picture in the "DCIM\100SSCAM" folder. Possible to remove "100SSCAM" to have all pictures in "DCIM" ?

yes.. but this not correct.. all modern digital cameras and videocameras use for storage enclosed in DCIM folders ***CAM

I shall see this wish...

Guest shokka9

apologies for my ignorance, but what exactly does the app do pako777. Does it replace the camera.exe?

Lety me know, is it worth cooking to for the users?

Guest Pako777
but what exactly does the app do pako777.

mmm.. this app = Camera.exe..

"before" using applet Camera.exe filename was SNC00001.jpg, SNC00002.jpg, ....

"after" (with my mod Camera.exe) was 090323_224107.jpg, 090323_224537.jpg... <date_time.jpg> B)

or I don't understand? :(

Edited by Pako777

Guest Pako777
Possible to remove "100SSCAM" to have all pictures in "DCIM" ?

Probably.. I have already made it and have tested - works:)..

But I would not began so to do because photofiles are allocated on folders 100SSCAM, 101SSCAM, 102SSCAM.... on 100 pieces. If to save all files in one folder at a plenty of files folder DCIM will be indexed for a long time.. (theoretical)

Guest shokka9
mmm.. this app = Camera.exe..

"before" using applet Camera.exe filename was SNC00001.jpg, SNC00002.jpg, ....

"after" (with my mod Camera.exe) was 090323_224107.jpg, 090323_224537.jpg... <date_time.jpg> B)

or I don't understand? :(

good enough for me bro....thanks....i will use this from now on! :(

good work pako!

Guest MickyMax

It could be cool if someone can make a "small" kitchen to uncompress a rom to modify the camera module and compress it again but without having to building it.

I'm using a custom ROM (with all_packages_in_one) and I can't use the kitchen for Omnia...

Someone has a tips ?

Guest sztupy
It could be cool if someone can make a "small" kitchen to uncompress a rom to modify the camera module and compress it again but without having to building it.

I'm using a custom ROM (with all_packages_in_one) and I can't use the kitchen for Omnia...

Someone has a tips ?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=496254

not tested with omnia ROM's though, but should work with some modifications

BTW. if you don't have to change registry settings, then simply dumping the rom (imgfstodump), adding some files and recompressing it (dumptoimgfs) will do the job. The problems start when you have to add registry entries, although that can be injected to the provxml in the CSC in theory.

Edited by sztupy

Guest bobobird

I knew you could do it - excellent work pako.

Downloaded the fixed cameraX.exe renamed to camera.exe and copied it to win dir and works just fine.

Yes shokka - a must replace in cooked roms. With this fix, we know exactly when a pic was taken ala Nokia style.

Edited by bobobird

Guest ChongHian
well, built into a ROM, works fine. To be i couldnt tell any diffrence, but i am in my house with low light.

Main point to realise here, is that the mod worked, the camera is as it should be which is a very good thing.

I am sure someone will put to the test. This is now available for download in my ROM thread.

Enjoy.

Thanks Pako777

Hi shokka,

camera settings with saturation +2 is much better than without +2.

Please use the second version in your future roms.

Thanks!

Guest bobobird

Camera settings - I would reiterate again that there is NO universally correct setting. It boils down to personal likes/dislikes. Some like heavy saturation some do not.

In ALL cases there SHOULD NOT BE A UNIVERSAL SETTING EXCEPT THE DEFAULT.

WHY ???

because these settings should only be adjusted (if needed) at the time a shot is being taken. There are just too many lighting conditions and therefore there cannot be a universally always correct one. This is the same with even the most advanced digital cameras - the photographer will set his f stops and iso and what not settings just before he takes a shot, not the night or month before!!!!

Why is this so difficult for everyone to understand ??

AND please go over the posted photos thread - almost every picture in there has been taken with default settings and most of them are damn good looking.

Things that should go into a rom but dont, things that should not but do!!! LOL

Edited by bobobird

Guest s0cks

Pakko,

Is there any differece between your Camera.exe and DXIA5 Camera.exe?

Or your version is DXIA2?

And why it's so bigger than the original one?

4,85mb x 1,4mb

Only for rename the photofiles?

Thanks

Edited by s0cks

Guest Pako777
Is there any differece between your Camera.exe and DXIA5 Camera.exe?

camera_applet IA2 and IA5 - identical !!

And why it's so bigger than the original one?

4,85mb x 1,4mb

Only for rename the photofiles?

Thanks

i don't understand B) who is bigger ?? if CameraX_va_IA2_Pako777.zip - unpack zip and you have Camera.exe (5086264 byte)

Guest s0cks
camera_applet IA2 and IA5 - identical !!

i don't understand B) who is bigger ?? if CameraX_va_IA2_Pako777.zip - unpack zip and you have Camera.exe (5086264 byte)

I extracted your ZIP and I got a Camera.exe with 4,85mb... (5086264 bytes)

But in my ROM, DXIA5, the default Camera.exe has only 1.43mb!

Why this difference?

Thanks.

Guest Pako777

Why this difference?

B) .. i don't know.. I take standart i900DXIA5... run kitchen... and have Camera.exe similar Camera.exe from IA2 firmware

Guest s0cks
:( .. i don't know.. I take standart i900DXIA5... run kitchen... and have Camera.exe similar Camera.exe from IA2 firmware

:( :( B)

Weird...

Guest chuti98
I extracted your ZIP and I got a Camera.exe with 4,85mb... (5086264 bytes)

Why this difference?

Thanks.

that file was packed by UPX compress so you can optimize as small as program can (depend on some file)