RetroSPV - Free SMS

Guest asif @ planus

Asif, some feedback,

SMS began to get really delayed towards the end of Friday afternoon - this may relate to your hosting issues, or to a sudden increase in numbers.

Brilliant service otherwise.

Just one thing to request, is it possible to add a simple/quick feature where you can have the "From" bit in the URL so that it doesn't have to be typed out over and over again? So, http://www.retrospv.info/?from=+447973100150 would load up the page with $from in the From input box?

Guest Treadsoftly

Yes - I can confirm that SMS on Friday morning and afternoon were taking around 8 to 10 hours to arrive. Not much good really!

If that short cut works Firaas (hello!), that would be great.

Guest asif @ planus

Hi.

Thanks Paul - we have our own servers, however we thought we would keep retrofone off-server, in case we had any server problems.

We agree that 8-10 hours is pretty mmuch useless for a text message. For this reason we have takent he decision to change providers - to a much more reliable, well know service.

The from field will have the auto fill-in feature (it has already been requested), when we make the changes, expected time is monday.

Regards

Asif

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Paul [MVP]

Orange!

Try sending 'Paul' as the sender name! Sending 'MoDaCo' works fine.

Messages are coming thru OK now :)

Is there a daily limit? Do you plan to impose one?

P

Guest asif @ planus

Doh! Stupid Question!

Glad it's working now - not sure about the "Paul" thing - should resolve itself soon :/

Our main site, retrofone.info is set to be launched in the next couple of days and will have a limit, but will also feature an address book etc.

The SPV one will be free always, with unlim messages, and we my add an address book.

We do request that users dont abuse the service though, as we do actually pay for messages.

Asif

Well done www.retrofone.info, the site is functional, yet simple.

on the subject of SMS messages, have any of you noticed that you can't receive normal picture SMS messages (the type that comes standard with the 6210, such as the birthday cake).

benzo

Guest asif @ planus

Ok, If you try it now it should work.

I have set up a redirect so that www.retrospv.info points to www.retrofone.info/spv

You may need to clear your cache.

Asif

Asif, good to see all back and working. A little redesign to show all 3 input boxes within a screen, coz now it requires me to scroll somewhat. I have 'fit to screen' enabled. Or is it only me? Ta