RetroSPV - Free SMS

Guest asif @ planus

Guest ajb3000

ok, a couple of minor changes to your lastest post dave :)

firstly the 'sent.htm' was still linking to sms and not contacts FIXED

secondly Asif said he would like the 'From' field to default to 'RetroFone' DONE

So here we have it, the final version, excluding the readme file, its too complex and too late to do it now, but tomorrow I will include the contacts bit in the ReadMe and we could get see if Paul will sticky it or something.

RetroSPV.zip

Guest ajb3000

ok, one more thing that needs doing (dammit), we need a script to make sure all 3 field are filled in on the sms page, at the moment you can send blank messages or messages to no recipient. however i'm off to bed now so that can wait till tomorrow (gotta be up at 7am for school!!)

Guest ajb3000

Dave, I'll finish off the HTML when I get back from school, if you can try and make the .cab installation (I'll write the readme once you've done this).

I just had another throught, as it is being sent from our number effectively, would it not be possible to get delivery reports?? Maybe RetroFone could put in some input on that respect?

Guest ajb3000

The good news is I have managed to create a cab file installation, just tested it and it works!!

Now just to finish off the readme and create a script to make sure all boxes are filled in.

Guest ajb3000

All HTML files are now complete and in their final form (subject to rigerous testing before final release), .cab installation file has been created and works, just doing the readme now.

Very soon I will remove all download links in this thread, then release this in final form under a new thread. As long as everything goes to plan expect it to be released this evening!

One thing I would like to know, do .cab files have to be signed? the program itself well run on any phone as HTML does not need to be certified, but will users with a locked phone still be able to run the cab file to install it?

Guest HelloDave

Not sure if cabs do need to be signed, or if it's the files in them. My SD card demos have an "Orangeworld Priveliged" cert, so it looks like cabs might need to be :) In that case we'll need a cab and zip release version.

[EDIT] For any more questions, this topic has moved to a new thread here, where you can download the latest version of the script.