best deal on Touch Pro 2?

Guest unknown-singh

Guest martinlaidlaw
Mine arrived today ;)

It's absolutely quality, the screen is just vast. Tom Tom 6 works a charm and I can see the speed cameras for miles lol

The only gripe I have so far is there is no scroll wheel or dpad.

p.s. how good is that teeter game?

Thanks mobilesdirect :D

The version of TTN6 I was using on my Kaiser doesn't work on my TP2 (Vodafone Branded) I didn't think it was compatible with the WVGA / resolution, which version do you have?

And Teeter is great!

Guest BJTea
Vodafone business have them in stock, got mine yesterday on a £30+vat 18 month contract. Free phone, 500 mobile minutes, unlimited landline calls, 250 textx and unlimited internet. Plus an 18 month guarantee on the phone with next daty swap out if it goes wrong

Have ordered one on Vodafone business and hopefully it will arrive in next couple of days. Very glad to read you are pleased with yours.

Guest DJ_Enigma
The version of TTN6 I was using on my Kaiser doesn't work on my TP2 (Vodafone Branded) I didn't think it was compatible with the WVGA / resolution, which version do you have?

And Teeter is great!

I'm not sure how to find out which version I have, but assuming you've got your own maps then I guess it's legal for me to send you the cab file from my device if you PM me your email addy? Can anyone confirm if this is ok?

MODS: If this is not allowed, please let me know. I won't send anything till I know either way.

Thanks,

DJ

Guest En_croute
Vodafone business have them in stock, got mine yesterday on a £30+vat 18 month contract. Free phone, 500 mobile minutes, unlimited landline calls, 250 textx and unlimited internet. Plus an 18 month guarantee on the phone with next daty swap out if it goes wrong

Hi,

What's the vodafone version of touch-flo like?

The vodafone business deal is excellent - but I've heard nasty rumours about the branding.

Thanks!

Guest En_croute

Went for an upgrade, but through Mobile Phones Direct - HTC ROM

I had maximum £330 discount from T-Mobile

Free handset

Move to Combi25 + W&W (£29.36pm) (£10 less than current)

£4 delivery

Arrives tomorrow.........

UPDATE:

Um No it doesn't

Contract was wrong-was for a HTC Diamond2

They want £65 for the TP2, New customers (same tariff) get it for £50!

Appeal pending..........

Edited by En_croute

Guest Rob.P
Went for an upgrade, but through Mobile Phones Direct - HTC ROM

I had maximum £330 discount from T-Mobile

Free handset

Move to Combi25 + W&W (£29.36pm) (£10 less than current)

£4 delivery

Arrives tomorrow.........

UPDATE:

Um No it doesn't

Contract was wrong-was for a HTC Diamond2

They want £65 for the TP2, New customers (same tariff) get it for £50!

Appeal pending..........

Did you phone up or do it via their website? I've phoned them a couple of times and never got an answer. Also did you have to phone TMob firsth to find out what your discount was/is?

Guest En_croute
Did you phone up or do it via their website? I've phoned them a couple of times and never got an answer. Also did you have to phone TMob firsth to find out what your discount was/is?

Yup, £330 - even on a Combi 25 + W&W

The vodafone business deal works out at £26.25pm and a free BT headset

But is 500mb enough if I want to use it reguarly for teathering to a laptop?

Apparantly it's now a similar fair usage policy to t-mobile, not a £1.50/mb charge after the 500mb.

They say (!) they 6.5 upgrade will be able to be downloaded from Microsoft and applied to their ROM, so no branding delay from the operator.

Not sure if that's true, and would not know for several months!

Any thoughts out there?

Guest stunno
Yup, £330 - even on a Combi 25 + W&W

The vodafone business deal works out at £26.25pm and a free BT headset

But is 500mb enough if I want to use it reguarly for teathering to a laptop?

Apparantly it's now a similar fair usage policy to t-mobile, not a £1.50/mb charge after the 500mb.

They say (!) they 6.5 upgrade will be able to be downloaded from Microsoft and applied to their ROM, so no branding delay from the operator.

Not sure if that's true, and would not know for several months!

Any thoughts out there?

Apparently the 18 month contracts are capped at 500 mb and the 24 month are unlimited with a 500mb FUP but no charges above 500mb. I found this in a thread on the Vodafone forums but cannot find it again ;)

Guest En_croute
Apparently the 18 month contracts are capped at 500 mb and the 24 month are unlimited with a 500mb FUP but no charges above 500mb. I found this in a thread on the Vodafone forums but cannot find it again ;)

I was teathered for most of yesterday, and used 90mb

OK, there was an open auto-refreshing window for the golf and the cricket, but 5 days a week, and some weekend bits too, quickly adds up!

Guest unknown-singh

woooo!

just took delivery of mine from MPD on this deal

Combi 30 + Web'n'Walk

18 months HTC TOUCH PRO 2 £24.99 now FREE!

700 Minutes, Unlimited Texts, Unlimited internet 3 months free insurance

£34.26 a month

unbranded and unlocked.

ordered last night and got it today, gave a pac code when ordered so number is being ported over, got a text saying number will be ported over on the 20th of july. guess the weekend slowed things down a bit.

;)

also ordered through greasy palm (cashback site) and got £15!!!!

Edited by unknown-singh

Guest asalhan

Just a quick question to all the people who have said that they will be getting the phone on a VODAFONE contract. On the vodafone business site it asks you to provide company details. Now since i dont have a company, what do i do here? its asking things like if i'm a sole trader etc. Surely everyone who has said that they have a phone on the way from Vodafone on a business contract, either has a business or has lied out of their noses to vodafone.

Guest stunno
Just a quick question to all the people who have said that they will be getting the phone on a VODAFONE contract. On the vodafone business site it asks you to provide company details. Now since i dont have a company, what do i do here? its asking things like if i'm a sole trader etc. Surely everyone who has said that they have a phone on the way from Vodafone on a business contract, either has a business or has lied out of their noses to vodafone.

Have you ever sold anything on ebay? Or to a friend? If so you are a sole trader

Calling most of the members on here liars is not the best way to get help. But seeing as you asked, I rang the VF business number and asked for the TP2 a couple of days before it came out on their website. I was asked if I wanted the phone in my name or in a business name. I chose my name.

At no time was I asked whether I was a a business and at no time did I "lie through my teeth"

Please do not judge everyone by your own low standards!

Guest asalhan

Apologies if you were offended. Its just that when i phoned vodafone for this phone the guy on the other end told me that i needed to provide 3 months bank statements and that i needed a letter head.

Guest Mr.Clark

I've finally ordered.

£99.99 for the phone, £25 a month for 200 mins, 200 texts and 1GB internet.

Sweet as!

I've told them I'm already with T-Mob and given them my number. With any luck, I'll keep it. otherwise it's porting to my Orange PAYG (I only got it for the Orange Wednesdays ;)) and back again ASAP.

We'll see...

Guest Rob.P
Have you ever sold anything on ebay? Or to a friend? If so you are a sole trader

Sorry to be pedantic about it but no your not, to be a sole trader you'd need to be registered with the Inland Revenue as self employed and as such do a tax return on a yearly basis.

• 1 month later...
Guest GordonTGopher

A word of warning for those who are thinking of buying from MPD. I bought my TP2 from them 10 weeks or so ago. It has recently developed a touch screen fault. MPDs response is that after 7 days they have no responsibility for the device, that I need to return it to HTC for warranty repair, which will take 3 weeks or so, during which time I have no phone.

I am now faced with doing without the phone or taking action under the Sale of Goods act.

Caveat Emptor!

Gordon

Does anyone know if the htc touch pro 2 will work on old sero plans? I have a sprint moto q that I want to upgrade to htc pro 2 but I also don't want to give up my sero plan (cost: approx $ 30/month).

Thanks

Kash

Guest DerekCohen
A word of warning for those who are thinking of buying from MPD. I bought my TP2 from them 10 weeks or so ago. It has recently developed a touch screen fault. MPDs response is that after 7 days they have no responsibility for the device, that I need to return it to HTC for warranty repair, which will take 3 weeks or so, during which time I have no phone.

I am now faced with doing without the phone or taking action under the Sale of Goods act.

Caveat Emptor!

Gordon

That is total bo**ocks. They are the retailer and they must fix it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8253915.stm

A word with their local trading standards officer would be useful. And if MPD won't budge then if you bought the phone or any part of the deal on a credit card then a word with them too.

• 1 month later...

Here in Washington DC I can't find a single store with it in stock. Only 1 store even has a single example for display!

So I called AT&T, asked to speak to Customer Retention, FYI my monthly total is about $120 and my contract was up. Got a nice guy called Alex and told him I wnated to get the phone, and since my contract was up I was looking around for the best deal.

At first he was able to get it down to a net after rebates of $250. I winged a bit and suggested he try again as I thought I could do better elsewhere. He went off to talk to someone (a Supervisor I guess) and came back with the following:

$350 - $50rebate -another $50 rebate -10% + $249.99 plus a $50 mail in rebate to HTC for a net total of $174.99!

I could pry the actual rebate codes out of him, but feel free to press for the same deal!

MadSci

• 8 months later...
Guest ronaldb3

At wireless.amazon.com the tilt 2 (same as touch 2 with slightly different keyboard) for AT&T is on sale.

$49.99 for upgrade and $0.01 for new service with free activation charge (two-yr contract :lol: ).

I ordered and expect to see it in a couple of days.

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3