Lisbian taskbars for i910

Guest Lisbian08

Guest Lisbian08
here is the cab for the battery enhancer

Thanks, I will look at this this evening, and get back to you. If I understand correctly , this battery enhancer is supposed to give 1% battery increments (similiar to the kabkab driver if you are familiar). Are you seeing 1% battery increments with this cab?

Guest Lisbian08
If you like to tinker a bit on your own like I do, Lisbian offers a great little tutorial in the third post of this thread and the tools to do just what you want. I learned a lot about which Taskbars work, which won't and why by digging in a little.

Thank you Lisbian for putting that out there and getting these cool taskbars to work on our phones.

Thanks for the kind words. I learned the same way from reading forums such as tsowens on ppcgeeks and numerous others on XDA. There are numerous forums where you can learn from what others have done. If you have made personal taskbars post some screenshots and lets see what you have done.

Guest Too-Sexy

Thank you Lisbian for your excellent work.

I installed the cubic taskbar on my WM6.5 and it looks very good.

The only thing is that i lost the 1% increments. Am i missing something? I saw the registry edits in the first page, but they did not help me..

Thx again!

EDIT on S2U2 and SPB Mobile Shell 3 the increments are working fine.. Any ideas?

Edited by Too-Sexy

Guest Lisbian08
Thank you Lisbian for your excellent work.

I installed the cubic taskbar on my WM6.5 and it looks very good.

The only thing is that i lost the 1% increments. Am i missing something? I saw the registry edits in the first page, but they did not help me..

Thx again!

EDIT on S2U2 and SPB Mobile Shell 3 the increments are working fine.. Any ideas?

I know exactly what the problem is. My taskbars only have 5% increments.... ;) . I am toying with the idea of going back and doing 1% increments. The main reason I haven't is that the kabkab driver for 1% increments was drawing a lot of power and draining the battery quick. Most people went away from using it. Therefore, making 20 battery icons (5%) is MUCH easier than drawing 100 battery icons for each taskbar that I make. If there is a battery driver that can get us 1% without the power draw I will think about it. I will test the above post this evening and get back to everyone.

Guest bdolan92
Thanks, I will look at this this evening, and get back to you. If I understand correctly , this battery enhancer is supposed to give 1% battery increments (similiar to the kabkab driver if you are familiar). Are you seeing 1% battery increments with this cab?

yes it shows the 1% increments and under it there is a signal like icon that decreases as your battery drains. i had installed the zylonite 1% battery driver which allowed me to see the 1% decrease in battery power

Guest Lisbian08
yes it shows the 1% increments and under it there is a signal like icon that decreases as your battery drains. i had installed the zylonite 1% battery driver which allowed me to see the 1% decrease in battery power

Cool, what I hope to do is take out the battery driver and put it into my cab. That way, you have the better battery driver my taskbar. It's the best of both worlds... ;)

Guest bdolan92
Cool, what I hope to do is take out the battery driver and put it into my cab. That way, you have the better battery driver my taskbar. It's the best of both worlds... ;)

i was just reading on why you dont use the 1% battery driver and i understand...this is the second rom i have used with the 1% increments, the first was adrynalenes (sorry if spelt wrong) 6.1 rom. that rom had a 1% driver in it and compared to that driver this one seems to drain alot faster. im not sure if it has something to do with being a 6.1 rom and this being a 6.5, anyways i love your taskbars and would really like to see if i could get this icon put in there some how to get the best of both worlds like you said.... cheers and great job on your taskbar work!!!!!

Guest Lisbian08
i was just reading on why you dont use the 1% battery driver and i understand...this is the second rom i have used with the 1% increments, the first was adrynalenes (sorry if spelt wrong) 6.1 rom. that rom had a 1% driver in it and compared to that driver this one seems to drain alot faster. im not sure if it has something to do with being a 6.1 rom and this being a 6.5, anyways i love your taskbars and would really like to see if i could get this icon put in there some how to get the best of both worlds like you said.... cheers and great job on your taskbar work!!!!!

Okay, I took the cab apart and looked at it, and placed it on my phone. It installs 2 files: phcanoverbmp.dll which is an icon resource dll, and battery.dll, which is an HTC battery driver. Unfortunately, the HTC battery driver is doing absolutely nothing for us. I still have 20% battery increments with it installed, so the only thing that worked is that it copied the phcanoverbmp.dll over mine. That dll has the icons for the speaker and the battery status. That is all that you changed with the battery is the icons. The battery.dll did nothing. Our battery driver is named zylonite_battdrvr.dll. The cab did nothing to change that file. Bottom line, I would uninstall their cab because it does not work on omnia. It is for HTC and maybe possible xperia.

Guest bdolan92

yea it stayed at 20% increments until i installed the 1% zylonite.dll file onto my phone i now have 1% increments. i too have an omnia and it seems to work fine on my phone. seeing you were able to take the cab apart is it possible that the icon itself could be added to your rom... not asking you to do that im just wondering if it would be possible, did you see what i mean that when you install it onto your phone you get all of your taskbar icons except the battery icon and the speaker icon. what i want to be able to do is replace the white speaker icon that comes with the experia cab with your red spreaker icon and keep the experia battery icon.

Guest Lisbian08
yea it stayed at 20% increments until i installed the 1% zylonite.dll file onto my phone i now have 1% increments. i too have an omnia and it seems to work fine on my phone. seeing you were able to take the cab apart is it possible that the icon itself could be added to your rom... not asking you to do that im just wondering if it would be possible, did you see what i mean that when you install it onto your phone you get all of your taskbar icons except the battery icon and the speaker icon. what i want to be able to do is replace the white speaker icon that comes with the experia cab with your red spreaker icon and keep the experia battery icon.

Okay, give this a shot. I haven't tried this on my phone. You are kind of a guinea pig, but I am 99% sure this is what you want. Tell me what you think and give a screenshot if it works.

Lisbian_Cubic_Red_for_bdolan92.cab

Guest Lisbian08
Why is there a big blank square in place of the "X" to close a window?

You must have installed one of the cubic taskbars and are running on wm 6.1. I am working on a version for 6.1. I will post it soon.

Guest liquordude
You must have installed one of the cubic taskbars and are running on wm 6.1. I am working on a version for 6.1. I will post it soon.

Thank you. I thought that is what your original post said but wasn't sure.

Guest bdolan92

Okay, give this a shot. I haven't tried this on my phone. You are kind of a guinea pig, but I am 99% sure this is what you want. Tell me what you think and give a screenshot if it works.

THANK YOU!!!!! that is exactly what i was looking to do...sorry for any trouble if there was any. do you have a paypal account where i can make a donation for your great work. once again...thank you.

CapScr0001.bmp

Edited by bdolan92

Guest blazingwolf
THANK YOU!!!!! that is exactly what i was looking to do...sorry for any trouble if there was any. do you have a paypal account where i can make a donation for your great work. once again...thank you.

That looks really nice. ;)

Guest jagnfly
If you have made personal taskbars post some screenshots and lets see what you have done.

Thanks! I haven't really reached a point where I have one of my own yet. All I've done so far is grab a few task bars from elsewhere that won't work on the omnia and try swapping out resources within your taskbar dll files to see what would work and what wouldn't. **for anyone else out there wanting to try this, it was pretty easy and worked like a charm using the tutorial at the start of this thread** I haven't even looked into how create a cab file yet.

I must say, it was so helpful and timesaving to have your working files to model off of. I am learning, but so far all I feel I've done is rip off other people's work. I wouldn't want to post without giving credit. Problem is, I don't quite remember where I got them all. As I develop something of my own, I will share for sure! I have some ideas, just need to put in the time.

I haven't even started to look for this yet, but can you shed some light on working within the bluetooth EventBroker.exe?

Thanks!

Guest Lisbian08

Your welcome, I'm glad it worked out. I have a donate link at the bottom of the first post.

Guest Lisbian08
Thanks! I haven't really reached a point where I have one of my own yet. All I've done so far is grab a few task bars from elsewhere that won't work on the omnia and try swapping out resources within your taskbar dll files to see what would work and what wouldn't. **for anyone else out there wanting to try this, it was pretty easy and worked like a charm using the tutorial at the start of this thread** I haven't even looked into how create a cab file yet.

I must say, it was so helpful and timesaving to have your working files to model off of. I am learning, but so far all I feel I've done is rip off other people's work. I wouldn't want to post without giving credit. Problem is, I don't quite remember where I got them all. As I develop something of my own, I will share for sure! I have some ideas, just need to put in the time.

I haven't even started to look for this yet, but can you shed some light on working within the bluetooth EventBroker.exe?

Thanks!

The eventbroker.exe can be edited in the same way as a dll. It has to icon resources in the file. One for when bluetooth is on and the other when you make yourself self visible (the red one). The problem comes in when eventbroker.exe is in the CAB. I have no idea what happens, but it doesn't work with some ROMs. If you just copy over the old one in the \windows directory, it works fine though.