Samsung Omnia II

Guest stuzathegreat
this not good news - GSM version only :D No dice for Verizon users

S$900 ?? do they take blood?!

Thats "recommended". Very few products sell for the recommended price, unless of course its a brand new product and your an early adopter ;)

Guest chokia

S$898 is in singapore dollar not in US dollar, i guess Omnia II is much cheaper than Omnia I on its release date. Even better if you are PPCSG forum member and reserve your place as one of the attendee, you can get another S$100 (Singapore dollar) discount ( S$789 ).

I also remember those early bird attendees of such launching event as for Omnia I in singapore last year, got other freebies in the sales package including the TVout cable, extra battery, leather casing with slot pen stylus and screen protector.

Guest Andy Q
S$898 is in singapore dollar not in US dollar, i guess Omnia II is much cheaper than Omnia I on its release date.

The retail price for Omnia was around S$1K++ at launch, but that was for the 16GB version.

Retail pricing for Omnia II was S$898, but 8GB version.

Guest Apo11on
The first Omnia 8gb was going around that price at launch as well, if i remember correctly. Why, what would you pay for it?

I'm Verizon customer and since Omnia 2 is coming to the big red, i was hoping to either get free upgrade or worst case scenario - enslave myself to VZW for another 2 years contract and get the phone for something reasonable, like $199

Guest Deniska

PDADB lists the release date for the CDMA version (I am assuming for Verizon) as October 2009. Any truth to that? I've seen July in other places, but that seems unlikely seeing how it's mid-July and not a peep from Verizon.

Guest silencer22
S$898 is in singapore dollar not in US dollar, i guess Omnia II is much cheaper than Omnia I on its release date. Even better if you are PPCSG forum member and reserve your place as one of the attendee, you can get another S$100 (Singapore dollar) discount ( S$789 ).

I also remember those early bird attendees of such launching event as for Omnia I in singapore last year, got other freebies in the sales package including the TVout cable, extra battery, leather casing with slot pen stylus and screen protector.

i went for the telco's omnia II launch preview yesterday...

juz standard accessories are included, usb cable, charger, 1 stylus, 1gb microsd, 3.5mm headset, 1 pouch

those who stayed till the end of the event receives 1 bottle of wine thou

they r retailing the 8GB set for singapore dollars 398 with 2 year contract (S$25/month)

Edited by silencer22

Guest silencer22
Is Touchwiz 2 in Omnia II good enough? or we still need to get Touchflo 3D?

depends on how u define gd...

for me its gd enuff, since all the stuff i access are there now...

less the calendar events... they hav a new widget for calendar, but shows only 1/2 event

Guest Apo11on

I don't know who you mean by "we", but most people don't consider TF3D prefered interface for winmo phones... Personally I think SPB Mobile Shell 3 is better and more feature rich and with the real standalone GPU like the one Omnia 2 has - would probably fly really fast and smooth.

Guest irispen
I don't know who you mean by "we", but most people don't consider TF3D prefered interface for winmo phones... Personally I think SPB Mobile Shell 3 is better and more feature rich and with the real standalone GPU like the one Omnia 2 has - would probably fly really fast and smooth.

Im sorry but i dont like the SPB mobile shell, it look so cheap IMO

Guest Rivenx

Bought my 8GB set on 18Jul. TouchWiz 2 on the Omnia II is done very well, you won't need TouchFlo 3D. The entire WM6.1 OS is almost hidden in plain sight. Pressing the START menu, you can edit up to 10 pages of icons. Yes, everything is touch friendly but the set still hangs occasionally..??

No gripes since I paid only about US$68 after trading in my old Omnia with my price plan!!

Edited by Rivenx

Guest zabique32

I've read in couple of sites that OMNIA 2 have dedicated 3D accelerator and some other sites tells that it haven't got any.

My question is what kind of graphic ?

Guest oalex
I've read in couple of sites that OMNIA 2 have dedicated 3D accelerator and some other sites tells that it haven't got any.

My question is what kind of graphic ?

Yes it does:

ARM 1176 800MHz processor, dedicated graphics accelerator

Guest Rivenx
Yes it does:

ARM 1176 800MHz processor, dedicated graphics accelerator

There's an option to change the CPU speed between Fast, Normal, Slow or Auto. Each would consume batt life differently.

Guest 1Mack

I will be ordering my i8000 next Friday!!!!!!! I feel good baby!!!!!!! Daddy wants a new gadget :D :) :D :D !!!!!!! I am such shameless whore4tech ;) :D :o

Guest FerdiBorbon

Yeah baby i might be the first Aussie in Sydney to have this baby tomorrow!! i cant wait to flash that AmoLEd screen, all i see in our public trains are Iphones users kinda makes me feel sick, the iphone users will probably be like what the hell is that phone when they see that huge bright screen ;)

Edited by FerdiBorbon

Guest Rivenx
Yeah baby i might be the first Aussie in Sydney to have this baby tomorrow!! i cant wait to flash that AmoLEd screen, all i see in our public trains are Iphones users kinda makes me feel sick, the iphone users will probably be like what the hell is that phone when they see that huge bright screen ;)

Amoled.. iphone fanboys can't touch this!!

Guest Rivenx
hello. does it have tv out? ;)

Yes, there's TV-Out on the Omnia II. You can't use the TV-Out cable of the Omnia i900 though.

Omnia II has a mini-usb port and 3.5mm headphone jack..

Some other bits..

Samsung has configered closure of appz if you run some RAM intensive appz. Example.. Running Touch Player or Camera will auto prompt you that Omnia II is closing other running appz to provide better perfomance!

:D