Samsung Omnia II

Guest AndrewTan
That's interesting. Do you actually have the i8000 and it supports all those Asian languages? Because endursa ordered his i8000 from Singapore and he said it only supports english (uk), french, italian, german, russian, norwegian, dutch, czech, greek, spanish, portuguese, finnish, danish, polish and swedish. Are there different models on sale in Singapore and, if so, how can you make sure you get one that supports Asian languages?

Yes, I do own the I8000. My review here: :)

http://elementsofwatashi.blogspot.com/2009...all-review.html

http://elementsofwatashi.blogspot.com/2009...n-omnia-ii.html

What endursa said is correct but what I mean is the unit can view those asian language from SMS, MMS, or browsing Internet, not can write or change the menu language.

* english (uk), french, italian, german, russian, norwegian, dutch, czech, greek, spanish, portuguese, finnish, danish, polish and swedish is the menu language supported in current release set in Singapore.

Edited by AndrewTan

Guest La Traviata

Thank you everybody for clarifying the Asian language issue and thanks for the review, AndrewTan!

I think my next phone will definitely be a Singapore handset, since I want SIM free anyway, I'm only waiting for WM 6.5 and Omnia Pro to be released (I hope there will be even more improvments in Omnia Pro and I like the idea of having a hardware keyboard, but I will decide once it is out and people have started to use it).

Edited by La Traviata

Guest alvinaloy
optical illusion :) or artist impression then the real thing in the right picture maybe the early mock up had a rotating cube ;)

Like what Palah said, the left is the artist's impression. The one on the right is probably the actual picture, but taken from some angle that makes the cube look not like a cube. Using crystal for the cube button might wreak havoc for lighting for camera pictures too.

chokia, rest assured that it is indeed a cube. Look at all those pictures attached by folks online.

Guest chokia

I hope the design on the right will be the second batch release for september market for the rest of the world, cause i really dont like Samsung Jet design.