Samsung Omnia II

Guest Vtecbros

Say i'd get the samsung omnia II unlocked for GSM. Im wondering if it would work with T mobile 3G frequency? I hate that its coming for Verizon. Verizon sucks (no fence) which is CDMA. So will the unlock version work with T mobile 3G? Porbably AT&T? Maybe?

Guest Turborepu

i guess it will be time to cash in my phone upgrade on my secondary line, and might as well file the divorce papers since thats whats gonna happen if i get the omnia2

Guest Apo11on
Say i'd get the samsung omnia II unlocked for GSM. Im wondering if it would work with T mobile 3G frequency? I hate that its coming for Verizon. Verizon sucks (no fence) which is CDMA. So will the unlock version work with T mobile 3G? Porbably AT&T? Maybe?

It wont work on T-Mobile 3G network, but it will on AT&T. Omnia 2 supports UMTS 900/1900/2100 Mhz frequencies. T-Mobile's 3G runs on 1700Mhz, and AT&T uses 850Mhz and 1900Mhz.

Guest Apo11on
i guess it will be time to cash in my phone upgrade on my secondary line, and might as well file the divorce papers since thats whats gonna happen if i get the omnia2

you're not seriously considering prefering your wife to this sexy Omnia 2, are you?

Guest FerdiBorbon

I rather the phone than a wife!!!

Hope my girlfriend doesn't see this post :D

Edited by FerdiBorbon

Guest Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia

Oh the first youtube link showed the phone is available already :D (probably an import unlock version from Singapore or malaysia like the i900 I use now ;) ) in Viet Nam. It seemed pretty smooth and fast. But there is no 3G there (not sure now) so its fast web browsing must be wifi, nice Accuweather page.

Guest chokia

Omnia II detail review by mobile-review.com

pic05-thumb.jpg

The god of mobile phone reviewers, Mobile-review.com has also given the Samsung Omnia 2 a good going over, and they are even more positive about the device than GSMArena has been.

Eldar says

Communicator Omnia II, also known as Samsung I8000 - a device in which all the positive features of i900 were carefully maintained and improved, and all the minuses removed. Widgets and corporate interface of the i900 is much improved. The device has a larger screen diagonal than the original Omnia, and while that device was low resolution, the I8000 has WVGA. Proprietary connector for all the accessories were replaced at a convenient link to the universal 3.5 mm headphones and microUSB for the rest. Productive platform from Marvell changed to your own design, perhaps not as fast, but who are not Samsung know how to exploit the potential of the platform from Samsung …

On the screen he says:

The Samsung Omnia II uses AMOLED screen with a diagonal of 3.7 "and resolution of 480×800 pixels. The display responds perfectly to your finger presses and stylus, with no difference between the pressing force or not, you can use the stylus or your finger to control (the device). At maximum vertical and horizontal viewing angle the picture remains bright and vibrant.

He concludes:

If by September (the start date I8000 sales) some other incredible secret devices for Windows Mobile is not be announced , Samsung Omnia II Communicator becomes the most powerful on the market. Bearing in mind the interesting package for the different versions of the first Omnia and continuously improving value (through updates) you can say that the Samsung Omnia II will be one of the most important events for the Windows Mobile segment.

Read the full review, which must close to 2000 words, here (Google translation)

via: WMPoweruser

Guest chokia

Jet and Omnia II use the same CPU clocking at the same speed of 800mhz

Of course the former is faster because it is not a smartphone

Guest jackljane

You know what the new Interface is not bad either. I wonder if Samsung will allow i900 phone to be updated to use new UI. :D You know I do need a second phone. Maybe I will go and get myself another Omnia...

Wa ka ka kak...

Guest zabique32
I wonder if Samsung will allow i900 phone to be updated to use new UI. :D

Rather than waiting, we will extract it from OMNIA II ROM and cook it to i900 ROM ;) if resolution can be fixed

Edited by zabique32

Guest ferrari85

Like someone said, this probably needs 3d aceleration, which won't work with our omnias =( But i hope that at the very least, we'll be able to get the new multipage widgets. With only one page, the widget is close to being useless imo.

Guest chokia
Like someone said, this probably needs 3d aceleration, which won't work with our omnias =( But i hope that at the very least, we'll be able to get the new multipage widgets. With only one page, the widget is close to being useless imo.

Time to move on to this new omnia and stop hoping for more miracle for the old omnia.

Until today i never get these from the old omnia

1. tv out cable

2. multi adapter usb-charger-audio

3. touchflo3d to work

4. decent video recording with decent audio

5. daylight outdoor screen visibility

So time to move on to Omnia II

Guest lastnikita
Until today i never get these from the old omnia

1. tv out cable

2. multi adapter usb-charger-audio

You can find those on ebay :D

Guest chokia

Omnia II blows everything out of the water.

Its Advanced R touchscreen - The best of resistive and capacitive according to mobile-review.com. (Do you know nokia supplies Omnia-like dangling stylus in N97 package? - if N97 capacitive screen is so good why the need to include stylus?) Anyway, you dont need capacitive screen to do multitouch when windowsmobile7 emerges. Plus that AMOLED is so power saving until it lasts 10 hours talktime in 3G mode.

Video recording in true DVD (480p) - only LG Arena dumbphone has it, you dont need HD 720p like "semidumb symbianphone) OmniaHD cause the sound is so poor (.amr format)

Camerawise - HTC can just dream of having decent 5MP quality with proper LED. X1 picture and VGA 30fps still below par compare to the old N95. And if Omnia1 powerLED is strong, imagine double that brightness in OmniaII. Leave xenon plus powerLED to Pixon12, it is more cameracentric dumbphone.

TouchWiz 2.0 - has gone very deep into the system until we dont see Wm6.1 anymore. Menu, Touchplayer, Movie selector, media , contact, calendar etc all covered. who needs manila (wait it's still 2D rite?) that dont do landscape and SBPMobile Shell