is this the update????

Guest CFitz

Guest necosino
I wonder how many non chargable hours will show up in time reports today because of this. ;)

I average 2-3.5 hrs a day on Modaco O:-)

Guest BrianPick
I average 2-3.5 hrs a day on Modaco O:-)

I know it's like getting a fix. But hey I am IT and I need to keep up to date on the latest in mobile productivity...........right ? !

Guest NewKlNGjames

well, atleast the vista page shows that it is for the omnia now, not he epix. I guess that is a move in the right direction. Hopefully they add the download link soon!!

Guest tedkord
I dont know why any of the regular users even care about this update other then maybe blaze, bgill, tm or any of the other chefs out there. I would never go back to 6.1 ever ever I would have to say even if agps is working and chefs coulds get it into 6.5 I would still use the cooked roms I love been able to customize everthing.

Two reasons: 1) if we have some warranty issue, it's nice to have an official ROM to put on the phone before we take it to the service center, and 2) the chefs will be able to use this to throw together better cooked ROMs from it, with no CSC issues.

Guest blazingwolf
Two reasons: 1) if we have some warranty issue, it's nice to have an official ROM to put on the phone before we take it to the service center, and 2) the chefs will be able to use this to throw together better cooked ROMs from it, with no CSC issues.

Maybe. Nothing is quarantined.

Guest balaams_ass
i just want to flash for shits and giggle. maybe use it for a day or two then go back to bgill's latest. Just curiosity and tinkering mainly. i pretty much know it will FAIL in comparison to the roms by our great chef's here.

edzachary !

Guest Adrynalyne

I don't care about the CSC, really, but it would be nice to keep Samsung widgets working for the cooked roms, in the event people want them. That would require CSC access.

For the most part, the CSC just contains carrier customizations.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest BrianPick

All these people...waiting with bated breath ! It would be somewhat poetic if VZW decided to wait like 3 days before they heat up the link.

Guest wildrage
All these people...waiting with bated breath ! It would be somewhat poetic if VZW decided to wait like 3 days before they heat up the link.

lol well for me, just to know that it is coming....in 2 hours or 2 weeks, is good. There was a lot of rumors that it would never come.

...thats what she said

But seriously...I think it is safe to say that there is no doubt that an official update will be released.

Guest wildrage

Check out the directory structure of the link:

http://erms.samsungelectronics.com/custome...amo/2009/07/16/

Does this mean it will come out tommorow (7/16/2009)...or is it just 7/16 in the country that it's being published? I'm looking way too much into this lol...

**Edit**

My bad, it's 7/16 in Korea. I'd bet that it's released by the end of the day.

Edited by wildrage

Guest tedkord

I wonder if this is identical to the CC20, or if there are some other changes or (dare I hope) improvements? Maybe a really working 5% or 1% battery indicator? Or battery life improvements? (Or, A-GPS for 3rd party apps. I can dream, OK?)

Guest Tim-H
I have been waiting for this since I bricked my first omnia, I have been afraid to do it again since. My question is, once I flash to CF03 then I can do just the pda flash to go to 6.5 right? Or will I need to wait for the custom roms to be updated? I would feel a lot better about it if that was all I had to do.

It probably will not work like that. The pda custom ROMs were built on CC20. If they are similar enough it could work but you will probably have to wait for the customs to be updated. Even if it didn't work, all you would have to do is reflash CF03 with only pda selected, or fully and wait for ther updated cooked ROMs.

Guest Tim-H

The PDA portion of the CF03 will be trash compared to the custom ROMs. I hope they make some minor improvements, like radio strength or other small things that will make cooked ROMs even better. That's what I'm looking forward to, but not holding my breath.

Edit: from the looks of the instructions it will be a self installer. Hopefully someone can pick it apart and just get us the .img file. I'm betting the verizon update hard resets your "my storage" as well.

Edited by Tim-H

Guest blazingwolf
It probably will not work like that. The pda custom ROMs were built on CC20. If they are similar enough it could work but you will probably have to wait for the customs to be updated. Even if it didn't work, all you would have to do is reflash CF03 with only pda selected, or fully and wait for ther updated cooked ROMs.

Hmm. Not my experience from the past but Samsung phones could be different. Usually, as long as the radios are similar then flashing a 6.5 over this should work. The reason it didn't work before was because we went from a non GPS radio to a GPS radio. Big difference right there.