is this the update????

Guest CFitz

Guest Tim-H
Hmm. Not my experience from the past but Samsung phones could be different. Usually, as long as the radios are similar then flashing a 6.5 over this should work. The reason it didn't work before was because we went from a non GPS radio to a GPS radio. Big difference right there.

Ah that makes sense. You're right im sure. You have more experience with this than I do anyway.

Guest JDawg183
Hmm. Not my experience from the past but Samsung phones could be different. Usually, as long as the radios are similar then flashing a 6.5 over this should work. The reason it didn't work before was because we went from a non GPS radio to a GPS radio. Big difference right there.

Blaze, You seem to be pretty smart about this stuff, any idea if this will format "My Storage" as well, or just device memory?

Edited by JDawg183

Guest necosino
Blaze, You seem to be pretty smart about this stuff, any idea if this will format "My Storage" as well, or just device memory?

As with any flash, it will only erase your Device Memory. My Storage and and Storage Card will remain unaffected.

Guest blazingwolf
As with any flash, it will only erase your Device Memory. My Storage and and Storage Card will remain unaffected.

Correct.

Guest JDawg183

Oh good, i just didnt know for sure because it was flashing everything, not just the PDA portion. Thanks

Guest balaams_ass
lol, I go to the page now, and all I see is

"printer-friendlyicon_arrow.gifprint this page FAQs 000 - Vanity

.. We're so vain.. We prob'ly think this page is about us.. we're so vaaaiin...

hahahahah ;) <---------- you had it covered I thought....

Guest Lisbian08
Multiple people laughing = funny

An individual laughing = crazy

Multiple people individually laughing = crazy funny

You have been in rare form this week. ;)

Guest cuzzinz

i dont care about any updates to the pda i just want to know if they finally got smart and are gunna enable AGPS... my girlfriend has my old lg dare and we use her phone for navi EVERYWHERE... its such BS... 10 bucks a month ... i like vznav since it updates and is rarely wrong with directions...for me anyway. Well thats my rant... hope something good comes of all this.... us drolling over a 150mb rom update...lol

Guest Draconius

As stated earlier, I only want this so that I can bring my phone in for warranty as my screen is starting to go again...If I touch in one spot it reads it higher than where I touched.

Doesn't anyone know if the cooks make stuff with the CF03 and we flash the cooked rom does that void the warranty? Or is it mainly that CF03 is the version on the phone?

Guest balaams_ass
As stated earlier, I only want this so that I can bring my phone in for warranty as my screen is starting to go again...If I touch in one spot it reads it higher than where I touched.

Doesn't anyone know if the cooks make stuff with the CF03 and we flash the cooked rom does that void the warranty? Or is it mainly that CF03 is the version on the phone?

My limitedly enlightened guess would be that if you have the CF03 ROM regardless of the WM status and you had a hardware issue the warranty would be honored. Two scenarios...

1. You might have to flash back to the bare (yea bare) naked CF03 but if it is hardware it is hardware and hell you've already flashed up so just put the upgrade back on all by its lonesome.

2. If it is performance issue with some aspect of the phone and the tech is a jerk and can claim it is Titanium, SPB MS 3, etc.... that is the problem see 1.

Edited by balaams_ass

Guest BrianPick

If you need to get it fixed and have had it for less than a year. Flash it to CC20, then call VZW and tell them the end key won't work or the screen doesn't respond to touch all the time. They will make you hard reset it unless you tell them you have already done that. If you report somethintg like it won't charge or the end does not always work there is nothing for them to troubleshoot and it will go much faster. They will send you a "like new" replacement. These are refurbs but it has been my experience that they are completely redone. You send the old one VOILA ! You have a new phone. I have about 150 phones at my company and have done this alot.

Guest klinc
Vista link is UP!!!!!!

Both are. Installing in a few minutes

edit: well maybe in an hour. Download is very slow.

Edited by klinc

Guest kevinjrr

So, if I have a cooked ROM (blazingwolf's v10), can I flash this over it? Just to check it out, and then flash back to the cooked ROM if I want to?