Verizon i910 UPDATE IS HERE!!!

Guest somedude

Guest Chugworth

I can confirm that the update works successfully in Windows 7 x64. However, I had to set the update program for Windows Vista compatibility mode or else it would give me an ActiveSync error.

Edited by Chugworth

Guest dude291179

Can someone please post the MD5 hash for the downloaded zip file (SCH-i910 User upgrade tool v1.0.5.3.zip) for Windows XP?

Thanx

EDIT: This is what I got for MD5 checksum: 720D3B08819DFFAC4E3BBAFA136CC017

Can anyone please confirm this ?

Edited by dude291179

Guest Lisbian08

IF you flash a Blazing wolf, bga, or adrynaline ROM over CF03 you will lose the the new functions. Those are CC20 ROMs. Bga will probably have a ROM out soon. The others will follow.

Guest dwallersv
IF you flash a Blazing wolf, bga, or adrynaline ROM over CF03 you will lose the the new functions. Those are CC20 ROMs. Bga will probably have a ROM out soon. The others will follow.

Yes, for anything in the PDA portion of the ROM.

Unless I'm mistaken, the radio portion will not be affected, so things like AGPS should still work after updating to CF30, then flashing the PDA portion to any of the cooked ROMs (which is the only thing they touch on the device).

Guest passionsista

Yeah I tried it and it took away the new functions so I am back to the CF03 I will just wait for the ROM.

Guest scubamike

Let me answer my own questions: Device memory, after Sprite restore merge level 1, is unchanged. The battery increments are still 5%. The AGPS gets an instantaneous, but very imprecise, lock. It found me within 3900 meters until the GPS picked up satellites. The "Locate me" in Bing still doesn't work. Nothing else seems to have changed beyond that. I've heard rumors about improved battery life, but only time will tell with that.

Guest blazingwolf
Guys, any word on the device memory size with CF03? Also, what increments does the battery read in?

Around 50MB free storage and 55mb free Program with the Widgets running.

Guest blazingwolf
so can anyone state any differences yet? whats in it?

all the computers in my house are x64 bit systems and it says that its not compatible for those systems which blows

If you have Windows 7 64 bit then your good to go with compatibility mode.

Guest Rooster Misfit
If you have Windows 7 64 bit then your good to go with compatibility mode.

windows 7? is that even out yet? i have windows vista x64

Guest Adrynalyne

Hmmm.

Guest natedawg1013
Can someone please post the MD5 hash for the downloaded zip file (SCH-i910 User upgrade tool v1.0.5.3.zip) for Windows XP?

Thanx

EDIT: This is what I got for MD5 checksum: 720D3B08819DFFAC4E3BBAFA136CC017

Can anyone please confirm this ?

Confirmed! This is what I got.

Guest thetwiztidfreak
windows 7? is that even out yet? i have windows vista x64

Yes windows 7 is out as a Release Canidate for FREE but in feburary it will start shutting down every 30 minutes until you update to a final version

P.S IT ROCKS compared to vista anyways i still keep a machine running XP just in case

Guest Rooster Misfit
Yes windows 7 is out as a Release Canidate for FREE but in feburary it will start shutting down every 30 minutes until you update to a final version

P.S IT ROCKS compared to vista anyways i still keep a machine running XP just in case

ah ok well all i have is vista 64 bit computers so im gonna go over to a friend's house and use his

Guest omnier

i updated it right now and everything seems ok. But what happened to my samsung widgets. even if i go to the today screen setup the samsung widgets does not appear.

Guest jlc0005

I have Windows XP Media Center Edition on my laptop. Can I upgrade my i910 with XP?

EDIT

-- Sorry -- I found the XP link.

Edited by jlc0005

Guest jamieb7

Having flashed the i910 successfully several times with various cooked ROMs - i was excited to try an official update. Phone is now bricked and hopefully going back to verizon tomorrow!!

Guest RwP1138
Having flashed the i910 successfully several times with various cooked ROMs - i was excited to try an official update. Phone is now bricked and hopefully going back to verizon tomorrow!!

did you try to pull the batt and then wait 5 mins then try again

i really don't think its that easy to brick the phone

Guest Enraged Ninja

lol.. mine wont even update...

Quick update of what i have done:

1.) flashed awhile ago with the leaked ROM

2.) Updated with Adrynalyne 6.5 ver 4.0

3.) Verizon's update finally came along

4.) Hard reset the main device

5.) started update

6.) verizon's update restarted my omnia during update

7.) During the reboot active sync settings came up and stayed up...

8.) Uhhh.. omnia rebooted... (i mean... thats it... it rebooted... didnt goto the flash screen i saw before when doing the leaked ROM)

9.) Umm.... gave it some time... even though im SURE thats NOT what its supposed to do... (getting off track) I closed the verizon update, it gave me the brick warning...

10.) Tried again with the update

11.) Restarted again...

12.) Still boots up to windows 6.5 and the verizon update never kicks in

Any suggestions? in the meantime going to flash my other omnia that hasnt been touched with the taint.

EDIT: Untouched omnia updates just fine... tried leaked-ROM flashed omnia (this time making sure i paired the device with a profile... which i have to admit i didnt do before) Still no go... I know what its trying to do when bring up the settings, disable the USB connection... the official update didnt disable the USB because i didnt have a paired profile (just plain ol' sync so i can use file explorer). But even after synced with a profile it still fails (but atleast its disabling the USB)

Edited by Enraged Ninja