Samsung Omnia II screenshot

Guest chokia

KS, thanks for the screen shots, maybe you should write a review on your unit. :)

Things i'm interested to know:-

1. Sound Quality - I saw in the manual that it has SRS WOW HD logo. So how's the sound like?

2. Stock headset - I know some people in Spore had Sennheiser set when they bought OmniaI last time, how about this time?

3. Speaker - The speaker of the unit is behind and below the battery cover, how is this affect the sound loudness of the phone, say on call with speaker phone, gps navi voice, ring tone, mail arrival announcement? compare to Omnia I that has front speaker.

4. TVOut cable - Since it is not in the package, i heard we can use Nokia TVout cable or any cheap non genuine ipod tvout cable?

5. Screen Visibility under direct sunlight - Compare to other existing phones, it supposes to be the most visible. Whats your personal finding on this under the bright sunny Singapore's sky?

6. Photo quality - I read some people said that the camera of Omnia Jet is below par compare to other 5MP phone. I assume the same fate as Omnia II? To me Omnia 1 quality is on par with my N95.

7. Video Quality - How's the DVD quality shot by the phone? Good?

8. Double PowerLED - It supposes to perform double brightness compare to Omnia 1. It this true? And when shooting video with Omnia 1, the power LED will reduce brightness to half. Does this also happen to Omnia II?

9. USB Charging - Can you confirm that you can synch + browse files + use as modem and the phone is charging at the same time.

10. GPS - GPS on OmniaI never fails me, it locks my position in seconds (GarminMXT/GoogleMap) while driving. How's OmniaII?

11. Opera Mobile - The stock opera mobile doesnt play youtube natively on the webpage right? So how to work around with this ? Install Skyfire? Net3.5, flashlite3.1?

I hope you can answer all the above queries. Thanks in advance.

Guest Rivenx

Let me try and answer some of your questions..

1. Sound Quality - I saw in the manual that it has SRS WOW HD logo. So how's the sound like?

Ans: Sound is good but not great. Even with SRS WOW HD on, I still find it a tad soft even with max volume for some of my mp3.

2. Stock headset - I know some people in Spore had Sennheiser set when they bought OmniaI last time, how about this time?

Ans: Crap!! They bundled it with headset model AAEP433. Even worst than Omnia i900.

3. Speaker - The speaker of the unit is behind and below the battery cover, how is this affect the sound loudness of the phone, say on call with speaker phone, gps navi voice, ring tone, mail arrival announcement? compare to Omnia I that has front speaker.

Ans: Only tested it with movies and mp3.. It's loud enough. The speakers are good.

4. TVOut cable - Since it is not in the package, i heard we can use Nokia TVout cable or any cheap non genuine ipod tvout cable?

Ans: YES.. The Nokia TV-Out cable works fine with the Omnia II.

5. Screen Visibility under direct sunlight - Compare to other existing phones, it supposes to be the most visible. Whats your personal finding on this under the bright sunny Singapore's sky?

Ans: Surprisingly decent visibility under sunlight.. Much better than my old Omnia i900. At least I can view things clearly now.

6. Photo quality - I read some people said that the camera of Omnia Jet is below par compare to other 5MP phone. I assume the same fate as Omnia II? To me Omnia 1 quality is on par with my N95.

Ans: Contrast is a tad dark at default but once configured, the pics taken are quite better than Omnia i900.

That's all I can answer to. Haven't thoroughly tested the phone to answer the rest.. Maybe someone else could chip in. :)

Edited by Rivenx

Guest KSTAN
Let me try and answer some of your questions..

Ans: Sound is good but not great. Even with SRS WOW HD on, I still find it a tad soft even with max volume for some of my mp3.

Ans: Crap!! They bundled it with headset model AAEP433. Even worst than Omnia i900.

Ans: Only tested it with movies and mp3.. It's loud enough. The speakers are good.

Ans: YES.. The Nokia TV-Out cable works fine with the Omnia II.

Ans: Surprisingly decent visibility under sunlight.. Much better than my old Omnia i900. At least I can view things clearly now.

Ans: Contrast is a tad dark at default but once configured, the pics taken are quite better than Omnia i900.

That's all I can answer to. Haven't thoroughly tested the phone to answer the rest.. Maybe someone else could chip in. :)

+1 ;)

Guest luxury

if TS doesn't mind, i'd like to add in a few screenshots: 

prettiest default dialer ever

ss_dialer.png

core player for watching avi movies fullscreen  ss_core.png

band:insomnium ss_wmp.png

Guest chokia

Thanks rivenx & ks for the answers, i hope you guys can have more time with the phone to answer the rest.

btw, those screenshots, most of them are with black background, i wonder if we can have our own background?

Guest luxury

they switched to black backgrounds n reskinned everything because they listened to 90% of customer tastes n feedback who wanted black, or skinned to black themselves. :)

Guest uwidodo

I realy interesting on tihs omnia 2.

but I don't when 'arrived' in Indonesia.

What should I do with my Omnia1 if Omnia2 come to Indonesia!

Guest Michael Pang
they switched to black backgrounds n reskinned everything because they listened to 90% of customer tastes n feedback who wanted black, or skinned to black themselves. :)

do you think black theme help to save battery life on AMOLED?

Guest endursa
do you think black theme help to save battery life on AMOLED?

yes at least what i know of amoled is that a black pixel is switched off with the amoled technologie, so a black background saves a lot of display light and therefor it saves battery life!

Guest JohnJayJrV

Hows the finger-friendlyness of this fone? On my i910 I need to use my fingernail in order to get good input. I'm assuming the Omnia 2 is alot better because of the resisitive touch screen....

jv

Guest necosino

Nice! The black-theme of the entire phone will definitely help with battery life since black on AmoLED screens is basically "off" and consumes very little power.