Samsung Omnia II ROM Extract -I8000XXIG1

Guest KSTAN

Guest KSTAN
I am proud to join the ROM cooking community for omnia 2..Here is the little comprehensive step by step procedure to dump.I thought instead of dumping xip1, xip2 and os, why not dump the whole OS.nb, which will help us in giving more information about MBR and other things.

Use the latest itsutils from xs4all.nl and type in following command to dump entire os.nb

pdocread.exe -w -d DSK1: -b 0x800 0 0x12987000 os.nb

rename os.nb as os.nb.payload as there is no 8 byte data.

use imgfsfromnb os.nb.payload imgfs.bin

then use imgfstodump imgfs.bin

I hope the further procedures are implicit and are known :)

I hope this helps for further investigation in ROM.

will post some packages if i can get them by this weekend from ROM

Kindly check the xip, samsung has introduced a global wincenls which contains all the possible language and some ad dons in xip itself.This is a great step towards winwo

I have the latest version just that no idea how to dump to os.nb after doing research..thanks 4 the help..

managed to dump OS.nb, extracted i think eboot.nb0 and xip.bin here

eboot.nb0 -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/mye2mmyntiy/eboot.rar

and xip.bin -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/ikixzic2jgx/XIP.rar

As 4 this use imgfsfromnb os.nb.payload imgfs.bin, imgfs.bin was generated with 0 bytes ;) ;) , so can't proceed to generate imgfs.bin....

Edited by KSTAN

Guest hdubli
I have the latest version just that no idea how to dump to os.nb after doing research..thanks 4 the help..

managed to dump OS.nb, extracted i think eboot.nb0 and xip.bin here

eboot.nb0 -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/mye2mmyntiy/eboot.rar

and xip.bin -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/ikixzic2jgx/XIP.rar

As 4 this use imgfsfromnb os.nb.payload imgfs.bin, imgfs.bin was generated with 0 bytes ;) ;) , so can't proceed to generate imgfs.bin....

u can also try mamaich tools...to dump os.nbo asn it does not have extra 8 byts.pls tell me if u succeed else i will help u ddoing it :)

Guest fatso485

keep up the good work people a story about this thread   http://pocketnow.com/news-archive/samsung-...r-other-devices

Samsung Omnia II Apps Being Extracted for Other Devices

Posted by CJ Lippstreu

August 2nd, 2009 at 08:00 PM

Have you seen our recent software tour video of the Samsung Omnia II? As Brandon pointed out, much of the software on the Omnia II is skinned, sometimes making you forget you’re using Windows Mobile. Of course, any time there’s new software or a change in the look of traditional Windows Mobile software, we all want to test it out for the devices that we own. Well, thanks to the guys at MoDaCo, we’re starting to see some of the Omnia II themed apps extracted for use on other devices. So far, there have been 5 apps extracted: Phonebook, Powercalc, SmartMemo, Calendar and Clock. The Omnia II wallpapers are also available. Some of these apps may or may not load correctly depending on the resolution of your device, but hopefully someone from MoDaCo or XDA will port them for universal use soon. If your device has a WVGA screen, you’re probably in the best shape.

As you can see in the image below, the calendar is displayed and working on the Xperia X1. I’m able to run some of these apps on my Touch Pro, but there is image clipping due to the VGA screen. There should be more developments once they dump the ROM and more people get involved, which is the main focus of the thread.

Visit the MoDaCo thread and keep an eye on the dedicated Omnia II extraction thread at XDA for any progress and to test the apps. How many of you are waiting for a functioning Midomi app to be ported? I know I am. Hopefully patience pays off. In case you missed it, check out our full Samsung Omnia II review. 

Edited by fatso485

Guest KSTAN
u can also try mamaich tools...to dump os.nbo asn it does not have extra 8 byts.pls tell me if u succeed else i will help u ddoing it ;)

I can successfully extract to imgfs.rawdata.bin and imgfs.extra.bin. If fails on some header issue after extracting some files from imgfs.rawdata.bin.

Perhaps you can try it out and let me know your results. I'm still uploading OS.nb to mediafire link, pls check 1st post. Thanks. :)

Guest fatso485

maybe it will be a good idea to make another thread with the extracted applications cabs. the ones uploaded are only a tiny fraction of the full omnia2 stuff and they seem to be missing files that is preventing them from running on other wvga devices as suggested in the xda-devs thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=543101 

what do you think KSTAN??

Guest KSTAN
Oh,I can't download from Mediafire,

Kind man,can u reupload to rapidshare??

Thanks very much!!! :)

perhaps u can let me know which link is having problem. thanks ;)

Guest blazingwolf
perhaps u can let me know which link is having problem. thanks ;)

All are working for me. Thank you for uploading all of this stuff. :)

Guest btxakita

I'm in China

Our Country has prevented us visiting Mediafire

Don't know why :)

Any chance for OS.nb to rapidshare?

Part02.raw /dump is also fine thanks very much!

Edited by btxakita

Guest dark_cz

Hello smile.gif my firts post on Modaco biggrin.gif

Main Menu

i want to help with porting and here is my firts port main menu

(tested on WM emu(pc-win6.1) and at blackstone (-win6.5)

1.unzip

2.move/copy "ms_icon_bg.png" from "copy_into_windows_folder" to "windows" folder

3.run "MainMenu.exe" smile.gif

PS: Cube and Task Switcher does not work (its another apps). And sorry for my engish frown.gif

Photo Album

1.unzip (every where)

2.run "PhotoAlbum.exe"

3.have fun with new Photo Album smile.gif

PS: Music button (in slideshow) does not work (need anotherapp) and menu button is repaired

DOWNLOAD:

RS.com

http://rapidshare.com/files/263779364/Photo_Album.zip.html

Mediafire.com

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d...b5621d66e282a0ee8

IF SOMETHING DOES NOT WORK SEN ME PM AND I TRY TO REPAIR IT

Main_Menu.zip

post-571371-1249348774_thumb.jpg

post-571371-1249348778_thumb.jpg

post-571371-1249348783_thumb.jpg

post-571371-1249412550_thumb.jpg

post-571371-1249412555_thumb.jpg

post-571371-1249412559_thumb.jpg

Edited by dark_cz

Guest surethom

I have unzipped all files from photoalbum & copyed to phone when i click on Photoalbum.exe it says "the file Photoalbum.exe cannot be opened. either it is not signed with a trusted cirtificate, or one of its components cannot be found"

Can anyone Help trying to install on my i900.

Thanks.

Edited by surethom

Guest rtimi28

I use verizon omnia i910, now is this a rom or just an application to make it look different. and please this is my first time ever doing something like this. any procedures to show how to do it. thanks

Guest rtimi28

I use verizon omnia i910, now is this a rom or just an application to make it look different. and please this is my first time ever doing something like this. any procedures to show how to do it. thanks

Guest Apo11on

dont double post and always read the thread before asking questions. if you can't distinquish between a ROM and an app, ripped from another device - you probably should not be trying any of this. One of the minimum requirements for modifying your phone is having a brain.

People are always glad to help and share their experiences, but when the question is either has been answered 100 times in the same thread already or plain dumb, showing a clueless person - it's not likely you'll get a response.

Guest rtimi28
dont double post and always read the thread before asking questions. if you can't distinquish between a ROM and an app, ripped from another device - you probably should not be trying any of this. One of the minimum requirements for modifying your phone is having a brain.

People are always glad to help and share their experiences, but when the question is either has been answered 100 times in the same thread already or plain dumb, showing a clueless person - it's not likely you'll get a response.

look there wasn't any need for the insult. I just wanted to make sure because there wasn't any instructions on how to put it on the phone. All I was looking for was instructions because there are too many links on the first post.