unpacking first austrian omina II i think :D

Guest endursa

after a few troubles with the austrian duty authority, they wanted me to pay value-added tax, cause the phone is from outside EU :) but never the less i have it now and just setting it up, 

first impression is just wow ;) the screen is so nice in terms of visibility and touch response, it's just awesome ;), almost everything is skinned, really i only have seen winmo 6.1 once, thats when sending an sms it's the old winmo menu on the right softkey, but i intend to try fingermenu for that <_< at least till samsung gives the 6.5 upgrade! 

for the rest i can't say much yet. more news will follow!

Guest Rivenx
after a few troubles with the austrian duty authority, they wanted me to pay value-added tax, cause the phone is from outside EU :) but never the less i have it now and just setting it up,

first impression is just wow ;) the screen is so nice in terms of visibility and touch response, it's just awesome ;) , almost everything is skinned, really i only have seen winmo 6.1 once, thats when sending an sms it's the old winmo menu on the right softkey, but i intend to try fingermenu for that <_< at least till samsung gives the 6.5 upgrade!

for the rest i can't say much yet. more news will follow!

Welcome to the club of Omnia II users. Cheers!!

Guest FerdiBorbon

I have to give props to Samsung for skinning winmo 6.1 with touchUI, but in terms of speed its still abit laggy, ive always loved pointui and on the omnia ii it just performs 50% faster and looks brilliant on vga :)

I do like the new wifi interface u drag and drop any wifi u see to your device ;)

I will do more screen shots later ;)

CapScr0001.bmp

CapScr0002.bmp

CapScr00013.bmp

Guest FerdiBorbon
austria != australia :) 

but thanks anyway ;) 

ahhh my bad sorry bout that...i miss read...Australia - Austria all the same ;)

Guest endursa

hehe i get that often :) once i was in switzerland with my sportsteam and wie had Austria on our back's, when a local guy asked us in english if we needed translation ;), cause he also tought/read australia ;)

but back to the phone, i discovered something really nice! the phone comes multilanguaged!

you can change to rom to german or any other if you want only downside is of course it will internally reflash winmo so all settings and data aren't saved, but alone the option is cool, so no need to wait for anyone for a local rom!

Guest surethom
I have to give props to Samsung for skinning winmo 6.1 with touchUI, but in terms of speed its still abit laggy, ive always loved pointui and on the omnia ii it just performs 50% faster and looks brilliant on vga :)

I do like the new wifi interface u drag and drop any wifi u see to your device ;)

I will do more screen shots later ;)

From the photos that does not look like Samsung touchwiz 2 have you added another skin if so what is it???

Guest alvinaloy
From the photos that does not look like Samsung touchwiz 2 have you added another skin if so what is it???

He did say that it's Pointui. You quoted it too :)

Guest La Traviata
but back to the phone, i discovered something really nice! the phone comes multilanguaged!

you can change to rom to german or any other if you want only downside is of course it will internally reflash winmo so all settings and data aren't saved, but alone the option is cool, so no need to wait for anyone for a local rom!

Does that include Japanese?

Guest endursa

i can choose

english(uk), french, italian, german, russian,norwegian,dutch, czech, greek, spanish, portuguese, finnish,danish,polish and swedish

so no i'm sorry no japanese