3d accelerator?

Guest n4v1n

I've seen many reviews of the omnia II, some talk about dedicated 3d chip, some don't even mention it. What is true and if it does, what are the specs of the chip?

Guest sanyboi
I've seen many reviews of the omnia II, some talk about dedicated 3d chip, some don't even mention it. What is true and if it does, what are the specs of the chip?

Found some info on the CPU/GPU, here's a quote from a samsung datasheet.

"The Samsung S3C6410 mobile processor gives designers an unbeatable combination of 3Dperformance and low power in a cost-effective package. This 32-bit ARM11 RISC microprocessor with AXI 64-bit bus delivers up to 667MHz of processing performance. With its 3D hardware accelerator—handling 4 million polygons/second."

Also found an article on wmpoweruser stating "The processor has a 3D graphics processor with supports OpenGL 1.1 and 2 and can process 4 million triangles per second and can decode SD MPEG-4 at 30 fps"

I hope this answers your question :D

Guest IBTECH
Found some info on the CPU/GPU, here's a quote from a samsung datasheet.

"The Samsung S3C6410 mobile processor gives designers an unbeatable combination of 3Dperformance and low power in a cost-effective package. This 32-bit ARM11 RISC microprocessor with AXI 64-bit bus delivers up to 667MHz of processing performance. With its 3D hardware accelerator—handling 4 million polygons/second."

Also found an article on wmpoweruser stating "The processor has a 3D graphics processor with supports OpenGL 1.1 and 2 and can process 4 million triangles per second and can decode SD MPEG-4 at 30 fps"

I hope this answers your question :D

The problem here is that all these hardware accelerators are useless on windows mobile device because each manufacturer has its own chip with its own API and for developers its impossible to develop one game that will use hardware acceleration on ALL windows mobile devices that support such acceleration due to a non consistent API.

For example the Resco snake game, will use HTC's accelerometer but wont use the Samsung one.

The game Xtrakt will work on HTC devices with hardware acceleration but not on Samsung.

They need to find some unified API to make it easy on developers to develop high end apps and games for our devices as all these wonderful hardware specs are not being utilized..at all.

@IBTECH: You're absolutely right.. With these specs, it'd beat the iPhone easily and even make better Graphics with its 800x480WVGA AMOLED Screen, but unfortunaly there are so many Windows Mobile Devices..