Omnia 2 Verizon network

Guest AaronsDarts

Guest AaronsDarts

Hello there does any one on the verizon network know how to switch out the Omnia 1 for the Omnia 2? For free? or a way around there warranty to get the omnia 2?

Guest necosino

No, you'll need to purchase the Omnia II when it's released (shortly). Any other forms of using a warranty or return to get a free upgrade constitutes fraud.

Guest AaronsDarts
No, you'll need to purchase the Omnia II when it's released (shortly). Any other forms of using a warranty or return to get a free upgrade constitutes fraud.

Thats nice to know. Looks like I'm gana have to start saving lol.

Guest stuffman64

Sorry if I'm hi-jacking the thread, but tomorrow I'm getting an Omnia with Verizon. Assuming the Omnia II comes out within the next 30 days, can I just go back to the store, pay the difference, and walk out with the Omnia 2?

Also, I assume we'll be able to make sweet ROMs for the Omnia II just as easily as with the original Omnia? Sorry for the noob questions...

Guest necosino

You should be okay since Verizon lets you return phones within 30 days of your date of purchase, but get it from a vzw rep's mouth directly before proceding, in writing if possible. :D Otherwise they'll probably jerk you around about it.

Guest semmtexx
You should be okay since Verizon lets you return phones within 30 days of your date of purchase, but get it from a vzw rep's mouth directly before proceding, in writing if possible. :D Otherwise they'll probably jerk you around about it.

Is the realease dat of the OmniaII for the 23rd actually official? If not, it may be a wise idea to just wait and be better safe than sorry. It would suck to get an omnia and bank on the omniaII coming out less than 30 days of getting your omnia. What if they push the date back? You don't want to get screwed if the Omnia II is what you really want...

Guest stuffman64
Is the realease dat of the OmniaII for the 23rd actually official? If not, it may be a wise idea to just wait and be better safe than sorry. It would suck to get an omnia and bank on the omniaII coming out less than 30 days of getting your omnia. What if they push the date back? You don't want to get screwed if the Omnia II is what you really want...

I'm not really banking on the Omnia II coming out on the 23rd. I really need a new phone ASAP, and the Omnia fits the bill. If the Omnia II comes out within the 30-day trade-in window, I'll switch it out, but otherwise I won't be disappointed. Besides the nifty screen and the faster processor, it's not a significant enough upgrade (for me) to be too worried about.

What would really suck is waiting for the Omnia II and finding out that Verizon crippled its GPS or other features (and may or may not release a fix for it within the next year or so...). Hopefully they're wise enough not to do that, though.

Guest stuffman64

I'm not really banking on the Omnia II coming out on the 23rd. I really need a new phone ASAP, and the Omnia fits the bill. If the Omnia II comes out within the 30-day trade-in window, I'll switch it out, but otherwise I won't be disappointed. Besides the nifty screen and the faster processor, it's not a significant enough upgrade (for me) to be too worried about.

What would really suck is waiting for the Omnia II and finding out that Verizon crippled its GPS or other features (and may or may not release a fix for it within the next year or so...). Hopefully they're wise enough not to do that, though.

Guest stuffman64

Guest stuffman64

Guest stuffman64

Guest stuffman64

• 1 month later...
Guest imbolc

I got email from Samsung saying Omnia II coming soon... Still had the shaded pic of it as per the samsung website, no other details....I wonder what thier definition of "soon" is....

Or if this thier marketing people trying to keep interest with Imagio out today. Looking at specs, the original Omia is better than Imagio, let alone omnia II, IMO