Omnia II i8000 Flashing ROM Procedure

Guest previa

Guest modacian
anyone confirm GPS (garmin XT) works on IG7 firmware?

It works perfectly with no issues, first time lock time is high, but since then it takes only seconds.

no special configuration or funny software...

Guest AntonyW999

Successfully flashed mine. Took about 10 minutes and went without a hitch (once I realised that OCTANS wouldn't detect the phone until I'd switched it off). The new ROM has resolved the keyboard not automatically popping up and no word suggestions appearing problem that I had. Still won't capitalise the first word of sentences though, and it's irritating that the standard double space at the end of a sentence doesn't produce a period. Also it's much less laggy - actually feels like there's a decent processor inside now.

Guest arasman

hello

i have just got a i8000 from holland believing i could find a rom for it in english , cause i have no idea about dutch

thank you for this rom first .

i started flashing the device with g7 rom

somewhere in the process it says it is updating the language but it automatically chooses dutch from the list of languages , it happens so fast i cannot control

so after all flashing is done and octans says JOB DONE .

i start my phone and it is in dutch again.

i did 2 flashes and both ended in dutch language .

but the version of the phone changes to g7 in the system.

i didn t change anything inside phones menu before the flashes it was as it came from the factory.

:D

does anybody know a solution for this?

thanks and keep up the good work.

Guest arasman

hello again

i think i need an csc file for the language in g7

does anyone have this ?

is it ok if i use csc file from previous versions? does anyone have that?

:D thanks

hello

i have just got a i8000 from holland believing i could find a rom for it in english , cause i have no idea about dutch

thank you for this rom first .

i started flashing the device with g7 rom

somewhere in the process it says it is updating the language but it automatically chooses dutch from the list of languages , it happens so fast i cannot control

so after all flashing is done and octans says JOB DONE .

i start my phone and it is in dutch again.

i did 2 flashes and both ended in dutch language .

but the version of the phone changes to g7 in the system.

i didn t change anything inside phones menu before the flashes it was as it came from the factory.

:)

does anybody know a solution for this?

thanks and keep up the good work.

the G7 rom posted here doesn't come with csc so yr language remains the same.

try flashing to another rom that has english as an option before flashing to G7.

It works perfectly with no issues, first time lock time is high, but since then it takes only seconds.

no special configuration or funny software...

no need portsplitter?

Guest arasman

succeed . :)

those who want to change their language to english first should flash g4 choose english there and then flash g7.

no issues yet.

wonderful.

thank you previa and all the others.

greetings and love.

Edited by arasman

Guest MUYAMAN
Yes. My Vista host is x64. Guest is WinXP SP3. It worked fine on the original Omnia 1/i900. The tool is the same for Omnia 2/i8000 so it should be fine.

Confirmed...just successfully flashed to G7

Guest flashflash

success here from G1 TO G7.

I have to admit I am struggling to see any noticeable improvement on this rom compared with G1. Skinned Email is still a complete mess, Phone still unlocks automatically when phone rings but doesn't re lock it if you don't pick up the call. I will have to wait to see if the keyboard stops working like it did on the G7 rom. No comments on GPS yet. Anyone else find any improvements??

Guest rumkokos

Hi

right i got a question about winmo 6.5 on omnia. I noticed on video trailors and promo videos that 6.5 is just supremely faster comparing to 6.1 However i dont like the 6.5 menu at all. So i was wondering is there a way to upgrade to 6.5? Well i know there is a way because gsmarena.com posted a video using 6.5 but im just wondering if any of u can upload the rom here and give a brief description on how to flash to 6.5 or we just follow the steps from the first site of this topic? Anyways it would be great if we could get some i900 cooks to make a dinner for i8000 as well :) if not we gonna settle up with any 6.5 coverd with SPB shell, it should do the trick.

Anyways i dont have the omnia 2 yet but i'm looking forward to buying it however i would like to have it costumized straight away as 6.1 windows really does suck comparing to 6.5 speed. Hope anyone can upload in a new topic the official 6.5 rom for omnia 2

Guest MUYAMAN
anyone can help us? i am also running vista64, thx in advance.

You can run VMware and launch virtual WinXP. I flashed to G7 through this

Edited by MUYAMAN

Guest abuferas
we need a proper guide here...step by step, the 1st post is too simplified,

no disrespect previa, you have done a great job, some people just need it to be more detailed to avoid bricking their new expensive toy..

Thanks..

What is the latest flash ROM?

Guest mike-biker

I have:

PDA: I8000XXIG7

CSC: I8000FAMIG6 (It`s taken from previous ROM)

PHONE: I8000DXIG7

BT: S/W 2.0.3

H/W 2.0.1

WIFI: S/W: 1.0.7.0

H/W 1.0

It seems to be last. :)

Guest abuferas
I have:

PDA: I8000XXIG7

CSC: I8000FAMIG6 (It`s taken from previous ROM)

PHONE: I8000DXIG7

BT: S/W 2.0.3

H/W 2.0.1

WIFI: S/W: 1.0.7.0

H/W 1.0

It seems to be last. :)

where can i download the latest ROM?

Guest Joe Mckenzie

I have a G6 rom. I have looked but I cannot find out what the differences are in an upgrade. Would it be possible to direct me towards a link that shows what is gained by upgrading rom.