car charger for omniaII

Guest ibe6ube9

hello,

after screwing up my omniaI with a car charger im kinda scared that i will screw up my new omnia II. what would u recomend what type of car charger i should use...which one are compatible etc.

thanks

Edited by ibe6ube9

hello,

after screwing up my omniaI with a car charger im kinda scared that i will screw up my new omnia II. what would u recomend what type of car charger i should use...which one are compatible etc.

thanks

I'm using Nokia DC-6 since a week. (There is no dedicated Samsung car charger yet, because existing CAD300UEB microusb charger is not charging Omnia II, only if device is powered of.)

Guest ibe6ube9
I'm using Nokia DC-6 since a week. (There is no dedicated Samsung car charger yet, because existing CAD300UEB microusb charger is not charging Omnia II, only if device is powered of.)

but does it have the same power output??? im driving a lot and using car charger most of the time

but does it have the same power output??? im driving a lot and using car charger most of the time

The specification Of DC-6: is 5V 550mA. Do you think if I'm offering it if is not working for me?

If you want safe solution you should buy an 12DC/230AC inverter and use main charger.

• 1 month later...
Guest atifarkas

I bought car charger for Omnia II. Its only charging when device is off. It have 5V and 1000mA. It shoud be enough. But not. I try with it. Im playing music, and Igo8, and about half hour. The battery was decreased by 1%. So now its working or not?? Anyone have a solution? May be its blocked by software? And if I connect the device to me laptop, battery is not charging, but if i connect to desktop computer, its charging. I didnt understand!

Guest invisiblesense

I used to use a Bluetooth FM transmiiter that had a usb slot so I could charge and listen to music on my Touch HD at the same time but Omnia II doesn't charge so I am also struggling on this issue.

Wish there was a solution...

To get the omnia II to load you have to short circuit the data line, this is what the official loader does to.

On an USB cable this means stripping the cable and cutting the white and green cable and connecting them.

If the micro usb plug on the loader cable does not have pins in the 2 and 3rd position ( there can be 5 on micro usb ) it can't be modded to use for loading the omnia.

Search on micro USB pin layout for more info.