OpenGL ES 3D drivers, v1 compatibility layer

Guest GinKage
Running Tower Defense 1.1 and these are the issues...

Yes, these are all the issues of a graphics mode with depth-buffer. That's strange, because it should either break Xtrakt, or Tower Defense, not both...

I'll look into it later.

Guest Tranceh

Hi, I have been following this topic for quote a while and now with this first version released I have a few questions.

- Will this dll improve the way games such as Asphalt 4D and Ferrari GT Evolution behave? Asphalt is going ok but I can still see pixels and whatnot, does not really feel HW accelerated. Ferrari GT Evo is a total disaster, there is no trace of HW accel at all. Pixels are huge, game is slooow around wide open spaces, etc. Or maybe there's a way to enable HW accel for Ferrari GT and I'm missing it? I'm using Secany's J3 ROM btw.

- Can someone be kind enough to lay a small guide on how to exactly use this dll? All I could gather so far is that it needs to go in the Windows root folder and then change some reg key?

Anyways, thanks a lot to GinKage for all his work on this.

Edited by Tranceh

Guest Chainfire
Please replace the link with the one from this post.

Thant link don't work :D

Edit: Furthermore, I'll make a CAB file of it once I have the correct link from GK

Edited by Chainfire

Guest GinKage
Thant link don't work :D

Edit: Furthermore, I'll make a CAB file of it once I have the correct link from GK

Look at page 11, there's a new version (0.201) attached.

Guest GinKage
Yup I'm using the driver from page 11

Graphics tear diagonally

Please, try this dll, and see if Xtrakt and Tower Defense still break. Also, please do a soft-reset before putting it into your \Windows folder.

If it works, then we're at the version 0.202 with M900 compatibility. :D

If not, I'll need to do some tests.

Chainfire, if daskalos answers positive, then we'll need to update first post again. :P

libgles_cm.zip

Edited by GinKage

Guest daskalos
Please, try this dll, and see if Xtrakt and Tower Defense still break. Also, please do a soft-reset before putting it into your \Windows folder.

If it works, then we're at the version 0.202 with M900 compatibility. :D

If not, I'll need to do some tests.

Chainfire, if daskalos answers positive, then we'll need to update first post again. :P

That was fast ;)

Tower Defense now works without any tearing :lol:

but with Xtrakt....

-Xtrakt still have missing graphics, the rider and motorcycle are just white figures

-enemies, missiles, lights and pickups are visible...

-On the first run, the "moving" background and pathway (race track), was visible but after soft reset, there's no more background/graphics visible.

-Randomly, in every soft reset, background details appear/dissappear, font too...

-Game unplayable because it lags and hangs when screen is touched/ pressed (on previous dll's the game is playable and doesn't hang/lag much)

- Xtrakt doesn't run (crashes on "loading") when golden finger (fingerprint scanner) is running (idle)

I have 52mb available ram before launching Xtrakt

On SPB Shell

No more graphic glitch on 3D view except when the wheel is turn to roll top view then tumbles in a bird's eye view, half of the wheel (front) disappears (don't know if it's really a glitch), but at least no more tearing or random white graphics messing up the screen :)

Edited by daskalos

Guest daskalos

@Ginkage

Oh no...I think you're right

M900 cannot run the Xtrakt graphics properly because it lacks RAM

Just experimented on RAM usage and Xtrakt...

In m900, Xtrakt will launch and run (though with graphic glitches) if there is 52MB available RAM

with 50MB RAM Xtrakt will launch and run but will crash in "loading"

with 49mb below, Xtrakt will not launch

And when I tried launching the camera while running XTrakt, the obvious message came out..."Not enough memory" ;)

Unfortunately, sad to say,Xtrakt is no go for M900 'cause it needs 60mb+ to work properly... :lol:

Well just hoping that other OpenGl games to be supported soon with the driver will not be so RAMferocious like Xtrakt... :P

Well, moving on, I tried Heretic Gles, but it doesn't run with the current .dll, will this game be supported in the future too? :D

Guest Chainfire
Well, moving on, I tried Heretic Gles, but it doesn't run with the current .dll, will this game be supported in the future too? :D

Keep in mind you need the CAB version (see first page) to use those games, as they use the CL library, not the CM library. CAB of latest version will be posted in a bit (post is still 201)

No idea if that works, though :P

Edited by Chainfire

Guest daskalos
Hm... OK, last resort. Try this version. If it won't work, then it'll be left for the better times.

Tried it and unfortunately graphics are still nowhere though i can drive and shoot enemies again :P

Anyway thanks for the effort, it's my M900's fault, well, all smartphones have their strengths and weaknesses, and I admit, RAM is one of M900 weaknesses, though it's sufficient in normal use... Thinking of replacing with i8000, but i love M900's keyboard and fingerprint scanner...if only Omnia Louvre is available in my country... Well as i said, just hoping that other OpenGl games/apps will not be so RAMferocious as Xtract. If that so I'll still be loving my M900 :D

Do you need Heretic Gles files?

Edited by daskalos

Guest daskalos
Keep in mind you need the CAB version (see first page) to use those games, as they use the CL library, not the CM library. CAB of latest version will be posted in a bit (post is still 201)

No idea if that works, though :P

Well well well

Heretic Gles launches and ran :D

but

all there was, were a 3/4 black screen and some background music

All so, it was telling "Not enough memory" but it just uses 10-20mb but i still have 40-30mb available (I checked memory usage through settings,system,memory)

hope it's not a RAMferocious game too... maybe not because it ran on Dell Axims

Guest Chainfire

I could do with a complete and working Heretic GLES installation :D (obviously it wont work on the Omnia yet, but for example an installation that does work on HTC's)

Guest johnny773
Reporting: HG Engine (Hologram App) and HG Proton works too

Would like to add Resco bubbles works perfectly now... on J6 (this wasn't working for me before), but ferrari GT Evolution doesn't even load...

Guest GinKage
Would like to add Resco bubbles works perfectly now... on J6 (this wasn't working for me before), but ferrari GT Evolution doesn't even load...

Resco Bubbles doesn't need OpenGL.

Reporting: HG Engine (Hologram App) and HG Proton works too

how? i always receive "Can't find PInvoke DLL 'HTCSensorSDK'" error..

i've already installed v203 thru cab.

Best regards,

EiPi

Guest daskalos
how? i always receive "Can't find PInvoke DLL 'HTCSensorSDK'" error..

i've already installed v203 thru cab.

Best regards,

EiPi

You need the SensorSDK made for Omnia II

You can try installing HTC Teeter for omnia II posted somewhere here and then HG engine.

The Teeter installation also install the SensorSDK

You need the SensorSDK made for Omnia II

You can try installing HTC Teeter for omnia II posted somewhere here and then HG engine.

The Teeter installation also install the SensorSDK

Great... it works... thanks

HGPROTON closes unexpectedly or the the game finish and close the application unexpectedly without any notice? maybe is offtopic

Best Regards,

Guest Tranceh

I just installed the .cab version. I did not change any other settings, just restarted my phone. Nothing seems changed for Asphalt 4D and Ferrari GT Evolution but Xtrakt works perfectly, no missing graphics or anything. Just it gets a bit laggy sometimes when there's alot of objects on the screen, but I'm guessing thats due to a lack of free RAM (I ran the game with 54 free MB RAM).