OpenGL ES 3D drivers, v1 compatibility layer

taril,

i think you are too fast with your conclusion.

Supporting OpenGL 1.0 doesn't prevent to support 2.0.

If HD2 has support for all three versions 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 - then all apps/games will run. If you see working OpenGL 1.0 app, it doean't mean that OpenGL 2.0 app won't work. I believe there is no OGL 2.0 apps yet, besides some demos.

Btw, even supporting OGL 2.0 doesn't mean that app will able to run on both quallcomm and samsung OGL2.0 implementations. Most likely, app has to know both CPU and has to be tweaked to run on both. If App will be designed with SDK based on specific CPU like Samsung, then i will give 60%-80% that it won't run on quallcomm CPU. That's why your demo doesn't run on HD2.

HTC uses Quallcomm in their devices already 2 years and that's why they havr better 3D support and have already some apps/games using their 3D accelleration. Samsung just came out with new platform and will need some time before games will come out with 3D support.

Too bad that Samsung decided to not put effort on OGL1.0/1.1 support. Probably they think that time for OGL1.0/1.1 has been passed and it not worth to do.

By the way, try to remember that first several devices from HTC used Quallcomm had no 3D support at all (!), while Samsung came out with first device on new platform WITH 3D support.

Also, Samsung has much higher power in marketing and promoting than HTC. They are launching their own store. Announce competition for developers with good prizes. I'm sure, we will see games and apps with 3D for O2/Pro soon. But it can not be done immidiately. Need some time to make all this stuff to work. O2 even haven't been launched in all countries. Some countries are still wating for release. Announced 16GB version long time ago haven't been out yet (well, may be it's just start to appear in some countries). So, i'm sure O2 will shine with its 3D acceleration soon!

As for HD2 and whole HTC - i think i won't buy their devices anymore. Their developers are very unprofessional and can not make their devices to work without many bugs. O2 is much much smoother in running without any serious bugs from beginning.

Also, deal with HTC's ipl/spl unlock is really pain in the ass! You may not to flash not only your own ROM, but even rom from another region (in order if you want to use other language). Let HTC lovers/perverts f**k with their SPL in their sandbox. I have been attracted more by smartphones than PDAPhone (candybar with 12keys is my ideal phone) and i wanted to buy S740. It was out 1 year ago. And still has no hack for SPL. No, i'm not playing these games. Only real perverter can buy device for $800-$1000 and then continiously look in XDA-Dev in hope that somebody will crack its SPL :)

Edited by sorg

I use i8000 iphone 3gs and Acer F1, its interesting, but all the phones are worked with the same opengles 2.0 source, except HD2 (i used its gles library, but no luck with it)

Guest GinKage

OK, guys, time for a new minor release.

Version 0.255 this time, it features fixed issues with window resize followed by glViewport. The most important thing why it is important is Opera Mobile 9.7, it works fine now!

It also fixes portrait/landscape and windowed/fullscreen switching for some applications.

libgles_cm.zip

Guest GinKage

Version 0.255 this time, it features fixed issues with window resize followed by glViewport. The most important thing why it is important is Opera Mobile 9.7, it works fine now!

It also fixes portrait/landscape and windowed/fullscreen switching for some applications.

libgles_cm.zip

Edited by GinKage

Guest Georgeee

Thank you, GinKage! I'm gonna try it... I hope the Opera 9.7 will be as good as you say :)

Guest TomatoWAX

Hi guys! I'm TomatoWAX. It's nice to meet you!

And I appreciate GinKage. :)

- You can get some movie 3d samples on Omnia 2 on following link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AetTtsezrw8

and thanks to GinKage with new fix-update.

(Now it works correctly!)

And how about the sample on

http://cafe.naver.com/bjphone/380837

You can get some trial game on there and I think there are more bugs you may consider.

1. Some textures are rendered with alpha values. (I'm not sure whether our textures are wrong or not. However as for other device, you can't get any of these.)

2. To start main game, it will be failed and exit the program. Also I didn't know what's wrong.

Please check these too. Have a nice day!^^

Guest bluhound
just installed the new package of you ginkage, opera 9.7 b1 is faster but crashes a lot on opera9-ml.exe :) any solution? or is my opera f*cked up?

Did you turn on the Turbo feature in Settings->Advanced?

Mine was on and it kept on crashing. After turning it off, everything went fine.

Thnx for the update GinKage, now its working well.

One thing though, are the fonts meant to be slightly fuzzy (not that much but its there)?

Its like as if the display has been heavily compressed or heavily AA'ed.

Guest GinKage
One thing though, are the fonts meant to be slightly fuzzy (not that much but its there)?

It's not supposed to be like this, though I'm still not sure what the reason is.

It looks just like some half-texel error in texture coordinates, but I'm not sure about that either.

Guest da_mafkeez
Did you turn on the Turbo feature in Settings->Advanced?

Mine was on and it kept on crashing. After turning it off, everything went fine.

Thnx for the update GinKage, now its working well.

i just did a hard reset on my device, installed the driver again + opera 9.7b1. again, the same error+crash :) very strange...

btw, the turbo feature is off. and i confirm the fonts a slightly fuzzy.

Guest Georgeee

same problem...

Guest White Dwarf

Hi,

I've followed this topic but cannot exactly follow the steps to make the mobile shell 3D carousel working in Omnia II. Could u pls indicate to me the steps of dl any programs & installations to make the 3D carousel work?

Appreciated that u can let me know the result again. Many thanks! :)

Guest GinKage
I've followed this topic but cannot exactly follow the steps to make the mobile shell 3D carousel working in Omnia II. Could u pls indicate to me the steps of dl any programs & installations to make the 3D carousel work?

Go to the first post in this topic. There, you'll find a .cab download, install it.

Also, there (yes, in the same first post) you'll find these words:

you may switch acceleration on by registry at [HKLM\Software\Spb Software House 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Gl\], setting GlEnabed to 1

What exactly you cannot follow in these two steps?

Go to the first post in this topic. There, you'll find a .cab download, install it.

Also, there (yes, in the same first post) you'll find these words:

What exactly you cannot follow in these two steps?

+ please get a registry editer for windows mobile. =)

Edited by Kel-

Guest GinKage

OK, guys, time for another update. This time the version number is 0.256 and, unlike last time, it is a minor yet highly recommended update!

Changelist is, um, short... The only thing I changed is that I've introduced a minus half-texel offset for every texture coordinate that libgles renders. Yes, it is yet another Samsung's bug.

The difference, now, is huge.

• First thing you'll probably notice, is a perfect (pixel-wise) Opera 9.7 rendering.
  • Second, some of the irritating lines in Xtrakt are gone as well.
  • Third, Tower Defense gets a tiny bit more clear look.
  • Fourth, TouchFLO 3D becomes really sharp (for this one to work with current Chainfire's package, you'll need to rename the dll included to libgles_mn.dll, then disable TouchFLO in Today Settings, put a new libgles_mn.dll to the \Windows folder, and then re-enable TouchFLO).

I hope you'll like this new version. :)

libgles_cm.zip

Edited by GinKage

Guest bluhound
OK, guys, time for another update. This time the version number is 0.256 and, unlike last time, it is a minor yet highly recommended update!

Changelist is, um, short... The only thing I changed is that I've introduced a minus half-texel offset for every texture coordinate that libgles renders. Yes, it is yet another Samsung's bug.

• First thing you'll probably notice, is a perfect (pixel-wise) Opera 9.7 rendering.
  • Fourth, TouchFLO 3D becomes really sharp (for this one to work with current Chainfire's package, you'll need to rename the dll included to libgles_mn.dll, then disable TouchFLO in Today Settings, put a new libgles_mn.dll to the \Windows folder, and then re-enable TouchFLO).

I hope you'll like this new version. :D

W0ot! Now I get to see clear web pages in Opera 9.7. It works perfectly! Thanks! :D

Samsung and their silly awkward bugs. :) So unprofessional...

Edited by bluhound

I hope you'll like this new version. :)

Thx...will try it immediately once i get my omnia2 bak later!!

on my acer f900 i cant get the carousel works with gsensor. After installing driver in the windows folder and switching the GI to 1 the carousel don't even start.. :)

Guest GinKage
on my acer f900 i cant get the carousel works with gsensor. After installing driver in the windows folder and switching the GI to 1 the carousel don't even start.. :)

I didn't ever test it with F900, so I cannot say what's the problem.

But don't be sad, the carousel is completely useless anyway, because you cannot actually choose a panel, only rotate them.