OpenGL ES 3D drivers, v1 compatibility layer

Guest GinKage
install for example HTC Sense or SPB... and use for few minutes... on spb white squares are on 3D view

Um... Which version of Spb? Since 3.5.3 (i.e., Dec 29, 2009) it doesn't use GL 1.x driver at all.

Um... Which version of Spb? Since 3.5.3 (i.e., Dec 29, 2009) it doesn't use GL 1.x driver at all.

hmm i think i used newest 3.5.5... now i think it looks like the problem is not in you driver but in samsung driver... am i right ?

Guest ANGEL_666

Hi, GinKage! I confirm, that white squares are presented in Sense on weather animation (any 2.5.x version). But the point is, that this artefacts appeared only after some time of active use of Manila. Maybe some kind of memory leak?

Guest eXPerience
anyone can play these games on ur o2 (specially the NFS Shift)?, it won't work on my o2, maybe should install openGL drivers from this thread, download the games here

It shows a GL error:

NFS can be found here:

EDIT: I'm sure you can find it

any way to make it work?

Edited by eXPerience

Guest dani_carrabba
It shows a GL error:

NFS can be found here:

EDIT: I'm sure you can find it

any way to make it work?

seems not compatible with our device, strange it works on lower htc devices like HD1 and diamond2

Guest shoarmabakpao

It had worked with the stock wm 6.5 rom it had from Samsung with no lag, now I Dl'd and flashed my rom for my first time after purchase (was 1 week after release date) and it doesn't work at all >.<

Guest ANGEL_666
It had worked with the stock wm 6.5 rom it had from Samsung with no lag, now I Dl'd and flashed my rom for my first time after purchase (was 1 week after release date) and it doesn't work at all >.<

Do you mean - it's work with OpenGL acceleration? :lol: Coz tere is version for omnia2, but it not using our accelerator. This version run on our device, but graphic is crappy...

Guest ANGEL_666
Hello.

Seems, that all last games from EA (like this one f.e. _http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=187230) use OpenGL 1, but could not be launched (the game writes "Out of T-Pages") in Omnia 2 with the latest driver from this topic.

Any ideas?

I think, only Ginkage can say: is it possible to run this games on our device, or not.. If the problem is on software level - there is a little hope, if not only software (drivers) problem - then... I'm say buy-buy for this device. Having accelerator with 9M triangles\sec, but not having normal drivers - shame on Samsung.

Guest eXPerience

So, we can't play "airplay" games

airplay is the platform used with these EA games

NFS shift, Tetris, Monopoly and Sims 3

some people says that you can play it if you overclock the CPU to 1GHz and if you install the turbo 3D drivers, but I don't believe them, I didnt try it

Edited by eXPerience

Guest eXPerience

I found these files (libGLES_CL.dll libGLES_CM.dll) inside a Gameloft game, I don't know if the are official or not, and I think they're for i900 but maybe it can help for future versions, or maybe not...

I can see that it says "Samsung Electronics Co. CA - Samsung Root" inside the file, using an hexadecimal file for viewing

GL.zip

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mezz_89

Hi.. How to make 3D SMS and contact carousel in SPB Mobile Shell? I already installed OpenGLES v1, but it still not showing the 3D.. Using Omnia i8000..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thund3r

All EA Games don't work on our omnias :P

If you pay for such a device, you expect to run other apps than java..........

PLS upgrade drivers for 6.5.3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gyrosensor

I found a link for the IPHONE VERSION of NEED FOR SPEED SHIFT running on the HTC BLACKSTONE. it's (97 mb).

The problem is that it's looking for support for openGL ES. i already put in the cab FOR openGL ES on this forum but it still crashes...is there any way to up date this to make it work on the samsung omnia2 or SAMSUNG B7610 LOUVRE. HTC BLACKSTONE ROCKS!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest redzone321

Guys unless you have the knowlege to do it this will not be updated again. the origianl writers of this driver moved on to new phones a long long time ago. (ok maybe 8-10 months ago but still. )