[6.5]PepKilz Mobile [23110][v3.0]

Guest peperonikiller

Guest techfellow

Quick impressions...Something about the background wows me. This is a beautiful job well done.

Everywhere I read says that tcmp player is the best, but it only plays some of my mp3s, some of the time, I have to go back between classic, and all that, did I do something wrong?

Guest peperonikiller
Hey pep, good to see you back. Question, how do I remove panels from the m2d today screen?

Well, im pretty new to M2D myself so i can honestly say i dont know yet. But i will look into it, if i find anything i will let ya know

Guest peperonikiller
Quick impressions...Something about the background wows me. This is a beautiful job well done.

Everywhere I read says that tcmp player is the best, but it only plays some of my mp3s, some of the time, I have to go back between classic, and all that, did I do something wrong?

I actually use WMP for mp3's.. I use tcpmp for video files and audio thats not mp3. Try some of the files that dont work in WMP and see if it plays it

Guest nsmal24

Ok, well let me know if you figure anything out with M2D customization. BTW, if you guys haven't checked out Opera Mobile 10 Beta, go download it. It is pretty sweet.

Guest peperonikiller
Ok, well let me know if you figure anything out with M2D customization. BTW, if you guys haven't checked out Opera Mobile 10 Beta, go download it. It is pretty sweet.

I agree with Opera 10 beta. its pretty awesome, I might try to cook it in... maybe lol

Some things in M2D arent working, several of the buttons in the settings and the internet tab wont launch opera (or ie). Do i need to do reg edits to point to the right locations?

Edited by boxes

Guest peperonikiller
Some things in M2D arent working, several of the buttons in the settings and the internet tab wont launch opera (or ie). Do i need to do reg edits to point to the right locations?

The reason for some of the buttons in settings not working is due to the fact that M2D isnt supposed to be running on our devices. However, for the communications settings you could make it so it opens with "Wireless Manager" Homescreen wallpaper however will not work.

But my next release the browser issues will be fixed, I will have youtube cooked in as well so that will work. Im also switching to build 28005. So many improvements to the M2D rom. Im looking into the reg settings for M2D now to see what i can do.

The reason for some of the buttons in settings not working is due to the fact that M2D isnt supposed to be running on our devices. However, for the communications settings you could make it so it opens with "Wireless Manager" Homescreen wallpaper however will not work.

But my next release the browser issues will be fixed, I will have youtube cooked in as well so that will work. Im also switching to build 28005. So many improvements to the M2D rom. Im looking into the reg settings for M2D now to see what i can do.

I remember seeing the HTC wireless manager on other builds, it doesnt offer any advantages over wireless manager though imo.

Besides those few m2d issues, this is the best rom ive seen yet. Super responsive.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest omnia214350

great rom!!! just fix the internet tab and it be perfect.

• 2 months later...
Guest shmobx

Hey Welcome Back!

Thanks for 23105! The 23102 (and now 23105) releases appear to be the fastest available. They work well too ... it takes a bit of worl with wlanldr / wlanautoldr to get the WiFi executing, but this is a 'known' release issue.

Another issue with these releases is that the fonts in the camera functions are horrible. Again, this is a known issue with these releases. For me, this is insignificant, but perhaps for someone adjusting camera settings a lot this might be a problem. I am a pretty basic point and shooter so not too important.

I am very happy with this ROM ... and I think the first 23105 published for the Omnia.

Thanks again!

Guest peperonikiller
Hey Welcome Back!

Thanks for 23105! The 23102 (and now 23105) releases appear to be the fastest available. They work well too ... it takes a bit of worl with wlanldr / wlanautoldr to get the WiFi executing, but this is a 'known' release issue.

Another issue with these releases is that the fonts in the camera functions are horrible. Again, this is a known issue with these releases. For me, this is insignificant, but perhaps for someone adjusting camera settings a lot this might be a problem. I am a pretty basic point and shooter so not too important.

I am very happy with this ROM ... and I think the first 23105 published for the Omnia.

Thanks again!

"If you lose wifi, you can toggle the wifi powersave in settings->power." -waremike32

Give that a shot if WiFi goes away for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest peperonikiller

My 23106 rom is ready for release. I used waremike32's fixed files to make the wifi program go away. Also in 23106 the camera text is still messed up but that isnt a biggy since you can still comprehend everything. Now heres my next question...

Who wants an M2D version? Ive got the titanium version working great now, i still need to redo my theme for M2D if anyone wants M2D. Just let me know otherwise i might not release an M2D version for a while

Guest shmobx
My 23106 rom is ready for release. I used waremike32's fixed files to make the wifi program go away. Also in 23106 the camera text is still messed up but that isnt a biggy since you can still comprehend everything. Now heres my next question...

Who wants an M2D version? Ive got the titanium version working great now, i still need to redo my theme for M2D if anyone wants M2D. Just let me know otherwise i might not release an M2D version for a while

I don't use M2D, so I am fine with just the Titanium release.

Guest rubadub234

hey pep, i gave 23105 a shot. Looks great, nice work. Love the boot screen:)

one problem, when i open google maps and press the my location button, the app closes. I start it again and get an error message"the previous instance of google maps stopped unexpectedly" I tried with 2 different versions and got the same results. Also when i hit touch alarm in the start menu, it thinks for a second then goes to the today screen. Weirdness, for sure. Never had this problem before.

any thoughts? I'll probably just reflash and try again

thanks and keep on cooking

Guest peperonikiller
hey pep, i gave 23105 a shot. Looks great, nice work. Love the boot screen:)

one problem, when i open google maps and press the my location button, the app closes. I start it again and get an error message"the previous instance of google maps stopped unexpectedly" I tried with 2 different versions and got the same results. Also when i hit touch alarm in the start menu, it thinks for a second then goes to the today screen. Weirdness, for sure. Never had this problem before.

any thoughts? I'll probably just reflash and try again

thanks and keep on cooking

Try my latest rom that you can get here... http://www.omniamods.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=313

or in a few i will update this thread.

As far as the google maps issue, i think a lot of ppl have been having that problem with the newer Google maps + builds