Omnia II i8000 TV Out settings

Guest hiperjp

Someone has the 3.5mm jack specifications?, I bought a 4 pole video cable for TV out, but it does not works. :)

I'm a bit frustrated that there is no information about this phone on internet, I suppose it's because it's a new phone.

Thanks!

Omnia 2 support any 3.5mm with 4 pole for tv out, I test it with my hdd player 3.5mm tv-out cable and it works.

My suggestion is that sometimes you'll need to pull the connector slightly outward until it's align with your omnia and probably you need to change the tv out configuration to fit your television set.

Guest inmatrixout
Someone has the 3.5mm jack specifications?, I bought a 4 pole video cable for TV out, but it does not works. :)

I'm a bit frustrated that there is no information about this phone on internet, I suppose it's because it's a new phone.

Thanks!

I think that is what are you looking for:

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=13915

As you can see it is the SAME with nokia's N97 tv out cable, it is working with sony's video camera cable, too!!!

Edited by inmatrixout

• 2 months later...

just did a little research on the topic since my freshly bought super-duper tv-out cable has exactly the same problem as yours: working only if pulled out a bit from the jack. so here comes the (hopefully) correct specification of the tv-out cable (see attached image).

on my (wrong) cable the third and fourth pin are swapped so the ground is on the third segment and NOT on the fourth as it should be. maybe you check that on your cable too.

post-591602-1258240401_thumb.png

• 5 months later...
Guest flopyro
I have purchased another one, a Nokia cable and really works properly.

Thank you guys. ;)

witch one from nokia ? was it "CA-75U" compatible with N95 ?

why am i asking this ? because the cable for nokia is cheaper then the cable for samsung ;)

Guest grzes_r07
witch one from nokia ? was it "CA-75U" compatible with N95 ?

why am i asking this ? because the cable for nokia is cheaper then the cable for samsung ;)

Yes, I'm using cable from my N82

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Bertosz

Someone on another forum suggested that the red and yellow connectors to the tv be switched. I tried this and it worked for 2 cables that previously wouldn't. One of the cables is from a canon camcorder and the other one I don't know.

Guest ray1234

Has anyone experience the same problem as me? ..... whenever the TV out cable is plugged in, the phone is very slow. Video playbacks is only possible on TV for very small video files, for other files that normally require quite a lot of CPU, those can't be played if TV Out is plugged, on my phone I would guess that the CPU is at least 50% slower whenever the TV Out is plugged in!