OMNIA 2 kitchen ???

Guest XRAY MAN

Guest GTx-M.M
hi every one :)

there is any news about omnia 2 kitchen ??? :)

we will waiting for the developers :)

thanks

I am waiting for kitchen too :)

Edited by GTx-M.M

Guest XRAY MAN

Good question!! :) I hate the TouchWizz! :)

Me two ;)

I'm waiting for Touchflo 2.5 in my omnia 2 and WIN 6.5 :) because the Touchwizz kill the speed of processor and keep the device very slowly :)

Now I'm using the Mobile shell :

e4b9df0eb5.jpg

f013b26258.jpg

Really amazing :(

thanx

Guest ronalgps

IM Waiting too

now i say to omnia 1 could be best cuw keep me all the time busy but with omnia 2 i dont can do alot 2weekend ago i flash up my omnia avery day but with omnia 2 i dont can do to many still no kitchen plx chef? where are you :) save us

Guest mike-biker

Somebody will cook WM 6.5 i hope. :) Fully pure ROM without a fuc.ing widgets and Touch Wizz! I prefer my Spb Mobile Shell 3, or a lot of us give priority to TF3D. :) . Everybody can install something without restraint according to taste. :) .

Guest zetagnosis
Somebody will cook WM 6.5 i hope. :) Fully pure ROM without a fuc.ing widgets and Touch Wizz! I prefer my Spb Mobile Shell 3, or a lot of us give priority to TF3D. :) . Everybody can install something without restraint according to taste. :) .

I AGREE... fuc%$#$ Touch Wizz, this sucks.

Please, please a PURE ROM chefs !!!

Guest XRAY MAN

I was talked with chef in xda-developers.com and he tell me that :

well, it's not really compatible with our tools, but....

first, you need to split it:

<BR>osnbtool -sp PDA_I8000XXIH5_HW_40.mst</P> <P>OS ROM Partition Tool V1.56 By Weisun :> PDAclan.com<BR>Sector size : 0x00000800<BR>Extra data bytes : 0x00000000<BR>OS IMAGE found.<BR>Partitions infomation:<BR>**************************************<BR>Part-0 type: BOOT SECTION image<BR>Part-1 type: XIP RAM Image<BR>Part-2 type: IMGFS file system<BR>**************************************<BR>PDA_I8000XXIH5_HW_40.mst.PRE written.<BR>PDA_I8000XXIH5_HW_40.mst.OS.NB written.<BR>
you will get two new files. The most interesting one is PDA_I8000XXIH5_HW_40.mst.OS.NB, which contains your OS. Unfortunately, no tool can properly dump it - I don't know why... but you can do it manually :) Do nbinfo on this file:
<BR>nbinfo PDA_I8000XXIH5_HW_40.mst.OS.NB</P> <P>NBInfo 2.1rc2</P> <P>Partition 0<BR>-----------<BR> File System:	0x20 (boot)<BR> Start Sector:   0x00000002<BR> Total Sectors:  0x0000083e<BR> Boot indicator: 0x00<BR> First Head:	 0x02<BR> First Sector:   0x01<BR> First Track:	0x00<BR> Last Head:	  0x3f<BR> Last Sector:	0x01<BR> Last Track:	 0x20</P> <P>Partition 1<BR>-----------<BR> File System:	0x23 (XIP RAM)<BR> Start Sector:   0x00000840<BR> Total Sectors:  0x000006c0<BR> Boot indicator: 0x00<BR> First Head:	 0x00<BR> First Sector:   0x01<BR> First Track:	0x21<BR> Last Head:	  0x3f<BR> Last Sector:	0x01<BR> Last Track:	 0x3b</P> <P>Partition 2<BR>-----------<BR> File System:	0x25 (imgfs)<BR> Start Sector:   0x00000f00<BR> Total Sectors:  0x00035500<BR> Boot indicator: 0x00<BR> First Head:	 0x00<BR> First Sector:   0x01<BR> First Track:	0x3c<BR> Last Head:	  0x3f<BR> Last Sector:	0x01<BR> Last Track:	 0x18f</P> <P><BR>Geometry: flash has 64 virtual heads</P> <P><BR>MSFLSH50 header found at offset 0x108ad000<BR>  (0 Reserved Entries, 1 Flash Region Entries)</P> <P>Flash Region Entry 0:<BR>---------------------<BR>  Region type:			FILESYS<BR>  Start phys. block:	  0x00000000<BR>  Size in phys. blocks:   0x00000000<BR>  Size in log. blocks:	0x00000600 -> Size in sectors: 0x00018000<BR>  Sectors per block:	  0x00000040<BR>  Bytes per block:		0x00020000<BR>  Compact blocks:		 0x00000000<BR>  -> Bytes per sector:	0x00000800</P> <P>Searching for IMGFS signature...<BR>  Found IMGFS at byte 0x00780000 (sector 0x00000f00).<BR>
and that's all you need, really. Open this file in some hexeditor (I prefer HxD) and remove all the data from the start to the 0x780000. Save it as imgfs.bin and do:
<BR>imgfstodump imgfs.bin<BR>

...and voila - you have your ROM dumped :cool:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bluhound

Hi, OK I followed the instructions and have successfully made a dump of WM 6.5 IJ1 image. Was browsing through and found a Google Maps installer. Tried it and it works just fine.

Anyway, can anybody point me to the right direction to start cooking ROMS?

GoogleMaps_ms_samsung.CAB

Guest InvalidCast

i'm sure cookers were just waiting for this thread to start, to release an O2 kitchen.

there can't be another reason......

except maybe that it is just harder to build this kitchen than just saying "i wanna a kitchen, i wanna a kitchen,i wanna a kitchen......."

and guess what, i'm pretty sure that when the kitchen is out, there will be a sticky post about it

or maybe, among all those who are asking, maybe one could make one?

Guest thebiker
Does anyone have information on how to explore or extract the CSC and LANGPACK parts?

Do you have any idea how can we compile back the files into the nb0 file for flashing?

Guest Khuanchai
Do you have any idea how can we compile back the files into the nb0 file for flashing?

From my understanding, to date there is no tool to compile them back yet. However, I think simply paste it to the ROM would be OK with Octans. Someone please correct me if it's wrong. I hope one day we may have a new ROM updater that can flash the OS.nb0 only.

From my understanding, to date there is no tool to compile them back yet. However, I think simply paste it to the ROM would be OK with Octans. Someone please correct me if it's wrong. I hope one day we may have a new ROM updater that can flash the OS.nb0 only.

would an all-in-one .EXE file be helpful?

Guest InvalidCast

it seems that i900_EXEcutor (http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general-omnia-rom-discussion/286865/i900-executor/) can do more and more for i8000

quote from "read me":

"i8000 - disassembly EXE_fw, search in MST-file and saving of contents

PDA_section as dump\packets"

i must say i don't all understand :-)

just noticed that in previous version, there vere less possibilities for i8000

maybe Pako777 can do something for us

Guest inmatrixout
it seems that i900_EXEcutor (http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general-omnia-rom-discussion/286865/i900-executor/) can do more and more for i8000

quote from "read me":

"i8000 - disassembly EXE_fw, search in MST-file and saving of contents

PDA_section as dump\packets"

i must say i don't all understand :-)

just noticed that in previous version, there vere less possibilities for i8000

maybe Pako777 can do something for us

An other problem is that there is only one official rom in .exe format!!!

I am looking forward for an Official Samsung 6.5 Rom first (downloadable from Samsung's page) in exe and then for a good kitchen!