how to speed up landscape keyboard

Guest argoldst

Guest argoldst

I REALLY love this phone except for two problems. I really prefer to type in landscape mode but it takes so damn long for it to load up (anywhere from 5-10 solid seconds for sms and email).

Is there anyway to speed this up? I makes txting annoying as I have to sit to type anything.

Also, is there any cab that converts sms messages into a chat style instead of one file for each message?

If there was a fix for these two items, this would be the most amazing phone. Please help.

Guest Shadowy
I REALLY love this phone except for two problems. I really prefer to type in landscape mode but it takes so damn long for it to load up (anywhere from 5-10 solid seconds for sms and email).

Is there anyway to speed this up? I makes txting annoying as I have to sit to type anything.

Also, is there any cab that converts sms messages into a chat style instead of one file for each message?

If there was a fix for these two items, this would be the most amazing phone. Please help.

I use Vito SMS-Chat which is threaded, and I've done the registry fix which allows you to map rotation to a hardware button. Rotation is immediate.

Guest argoldst

In regard to vito, does it do sms threading WITH support for mms?

Mind sharing what the registry fix was? Was there any negative effects to this reg fix you did?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Edited by argoldst

Guest Shadowy
In regard to vito, does it do sms threading WITH support for mms?

Mind sharing what the registry fix was? Was there any negative effects to this reg fix you did?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...landscape-mode/ Post #4. You need to use wm settings to assign the button, not Samsung settings. No problems that I can see.

As far as I know vito is sms only, not a problem for me.

Guest argoldst

The reg fix worked great. Thank you so much.

I do not think vito will work for me. Anyone else using a threaded chat program with support for mms that they like? If so, please share.

Guest andy_sg_123
The reg fix worked great. Thank you so much.

I do not think vito will work for me. Anyone else using a threaded chat program with support for mms that they like? If so, please share.

How to edit the registry? Do I need to download the software in order to edit the registry? Anyone can guide me as I am first timer for Samsung Omina 2. Thanks....