Omnia2 Tips&FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest tacchan23

Hello, today I decided to better organize all the info I gathered from many forums and websites while trying to learn about my new Omnia2 and PPC in general (this has been my first new phone in 5 years so you can imagine how completely inexperienced I was). And I decided to post them here so that some other newcomer like me could benefit from this (or simply to point here when people keep recurrently asking the same questions on the forums). Maybe some of the info is not really so useful or maybe it’s too obvious but I’ve seen many of these being asked many times so it could help someone anyway I hope^^

As said before, almost everything is just taken from other people comments and post over the internet (Bold text), I just edited it a bit and added some little comments (not Bold text).

Before the actual FAQ/Tips I also want to post my personal experience with Omnia 2.

1) User Interface:

I quickly decided to remove Samsung TouchWiz and Widgets couse of too much lag.Currently I am using SPB mobile shell and iPhoneToday (image below). Spb mobile shell is a good choice and I feel like suggesting it to everybody (just I hated not to be able to have bigger icons, so that’s why I’m also using iPhoneToday as a launcher).

My phone:

screen001n.pngscreen002f.png

screen003p.png screen005lo.png

screen004c.png

For people interested in SPB mobile shell, I suggest you to read this thread to fully customize it and make your experience better: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=507697

Another popular alternative is Point UI along with PointSense Suite, you can read everything here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=507697 (personally I feel it’s still not stable enough, but for sure I’ll try the new releases as it looks really promising)

2)My suggested programs (just a small list of programs I find useful^^):

Resco Explorer

Opera 9.7

Google Maps

Conn Manager/NoData/NoDataInRoaming

SPB Backup

SK Tools (many tools to clean your ppc and comes along with a Registry Editor)

ReRemind (to remind you of missed calls, sms, email: usefull as Omnia2 doesn’t have any Led indicator)

S2U2 (very nice lock screen with lot of options)

G-Profile (to have Sound Profiles and much more available)

SK Shortcuts (easy to manage your shortcuts and change icons)

Oldsap linkme (to create shortcuts to directly call a phone number, not just accessing the contact info)

Taskbars to change the default one: http://pdasn.com/read.php?tid=94636

Comic Reader Mobi (just if you like reading comics^^)

Below is the actual FAQ/Tips (again, anything in Bold I just taken and edited from many people useful posts on various ppc forums, thanks to them all to make my experience with Omnia 2 all the better!):

Windows Mobile 6.5 Update

SMS/Email

• Disable the skinned apps for email (1) and sms (2) and enable threading message (3). You will need to change 3 registry entry:

1) HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\Note\DLL

change the value from emform.dll to htmlnote.dll
    (in current firmware IJ6 this is already set)

2) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\SMStext\DLL

change the value from mms.dll to htmlnote.dll

3) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM\SMSInboxThreadingDisabled

change the value from 1 to 0

There are a couple of side effects to this though.

1) No name-type-ahead for the SMSes that you compose via tmail. You have to select the recipients from the address book. (
    This could be fixed if you disable T9 and enable the WinMo text prediction, read the Inputing section)

2) You're not able to MMS.

• Threaded SMS Input Space: if you using the default Tmail for Threaded SMS (and not some 3rd party program… I recently gave up on VITO SMS-chat after too many bugs/problems for me), you will notice that the space to input text is really too small. To change it, look for the file \Windows\thread_sms.htm You can open the file with Word Mobile to edit it:

Find the line <Inbox:content id="COMPOSESUBJECT" width="98%" height=35 spell ......>

and modify the value of height from 35 to 65 or 70, to get 3 line spacing for the input

Save the edited file somewhere and then use Total Commander or Resco Explorer to move it to Windows overwriting the old file.

• Using 3rd party programs as the default SMS

Go to: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSINBOX

Change key 1 (default : Tmail.exe) with your software

---Example to use VITO SMS-Chat, change to: "\Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMSChat.exe"

---Example to use the Sms program from Resco Contact, change to: RPhoneMan -sms

By the way, if you also want to change to Resco Contact Manager change this key:

HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Shell>Rai>:MSCONTACTS

Change key labelled 1 to :RPMContacts

• Remove the Samsung skinned SMS application and SMS sent notification (this can be done with SKtools too)

Go To: HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Inbox > MsgTypes > IPM > SMSText

Change: DLL value from mms.dll to htmlnote.dll

Soft reset and then

Go To: HKLM > Software > Microsoft > Inbox > Settings

Change: MMSNoSentMsg name to SMSNoSentMsg
          (just in case you have it)

Change: SMSNoSentMsg value to 1

Then: Soft Reset

Garmin XT configs (for me they work good and I can get a fix in 1-2mins)

• Go to General Settings - GPS
            1) GPS program port : COM 7
            2) GPS hardware port : COM 9
            3) Baud Rate : 9600
            4) Enable Manage GPS automatically5)
            5) Make sure to download the XTRA data every week or so while connecting to internet trough Active Sync
            • Under Garmin XT - Click signal bar ( top left icon ) 1) MAKE SURE its COM7 : COM7
              2) IF NOT then click disable button
              3) Click Use serial GPS - set it to COM 7
              4) Then Enable it back.

Misc
              • Incoming Call Notice: if you have very very low sound notice when someone else is calling during another call. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\CallWaiting\"Sound"="xxxxx.wav" and check which file is there. Then go to windows folder take xxxxx.wav and using sound editor (for example sony sound forge) increase volume level (20-50%) and put it back. Or take you own file and put in windows folder and change "xxxxx.wav" to the new file name.
                • Enable VoIP/SIP support

1. Download and install WM6VoIPFull.cab. This adds the necessary drivers, tools to set up the account and the number formatting (dialplan), and the Internet Calling applet for the old-school today screen. Link:

Run the SIP Config and the SIP DialPlan tools and set up your VoIP account and dialplan. Switch to the old-school today screen and add the Internet Calling applet (I actually have it 2 times in the list). This is so that you can see the connection status. Now the issue is that upon clicking the applet, you get Samsung's interface which has no option to actually allow internet calling. This way the phone never actually attempts to use VoIP.

2. To remedy that, download and install the Setup VoIP tool from

Open it, go to the Options tab and switch internet calling to "whenever available". You can also check the box to have the phone use VoIP over 3G.

Note: Of course the fact that internet calling cannot be quickly enabled/disabled from the today screen is a big problem. It means that you gotta watch out that you don't call e.g. mobile numbers through VoIP when your carrier's rate is cheaper.

Increasing ring problem

• No registry fix working for me, I tried looking around on many forums but any suggested fix didn't work.
                  • Personally I edited the first 3 seconds of my favorite ringtone to be louder (the result is not really that good becouse I am REALLY noob at it, but still better than nothing)

Show Windows Setting in Start Menu
                    • Open any registry editor, go to path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\ amd change Value 'HideSettings' to '0' (credits to rodrigofd)
                    • Also you can enable it using SKtools

Enabling NetCompactFramework 3.5
                      • Open any registry editor, go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework
                        change 2.0.7045.00 from 1 to 0
                        then change 3.5.7283.00 from 0 to 1
                        wait 30 secs then soft reset

Disabling the Samsung dialer (I didn't test this myself yet)
                        • Open any registry editor, go to HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin
                          change Enabled > 1 to 0

• Warning: This disable video call and MMS
                        • Can save 10MB Program Memory and also speed up searching through contacts & sent SMS.

Photo Album: exclude unwanted folders
                          • Open any registry editor, go to HKLM/Software/TecAce/PhotoAlbum/ExcludeFolders
                            Add a new string value for every folder you want to exclude, you must give them the name of 000, 001, 002,... etc
                            As string data you must add the folder address, you must separate folder with the symbol \
                            Example: If you want to exclude Program files folder, you have to make a new string value like "001" and you have to add \My storage\Program files
                            Notice that you have to clean the thumbnails that Photo Album creates! You can use the clean option of SKTools

Caller ID: problem about not recognizing contacts in country code format

• This is due to the Call ID Match issue, as the I8000UZNII1 is set to 11 which is too long for some country numbers and the I8000XXIJ1 is set to 8 which may to short for other countries.
                              Just change the value to match your country need. (It count start from behind)
                              You can use Advanced Configuration for changing the Call ID Match value (You need to install .net compact 3.5 before this tool can run)

NOTICE ABOUT FIRMWARE: the following tweaks are tested on G6 (and older) firmware; some of them will not work with newer firwmare (I am still on G6 so I don't know exactly)

Incoming SMS low volume
                              • If your incoming SMS tone/volume is too low you can convert them to .wav (it’s low volume just as .mp3 file (Tested and confirmed by FerdiBorbon)
                              • The other option to fix the problem is to record a louder version of the incoming sms alarm and replace it (what I did and it’s working well)

Increasing ring problem
                                • To fix the increasing ring problem, go to registry \HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring; Change the DWORD: AttenuationCategory to Value: 1

Various Sound issues
                                  • CAMERA SOUNDS: to remove the sounds of the camera you can put the phone in Silent mode or you can also replace the following files in Windows directory (Shutter01.wav, Shutter02.wav, Shutter03.wav, ShutterContinuous.wav, ShutterSound.wav) with empty files having the same names as the replaced files (For this you can also use the Silence.wav file already present in the Windows directory.
                                    Copy it to another folder, make more copies and rename them to shutter01.wav, shutter02.wav, etc.
                                    Use Resco File Manager or Total Commander to move them to Windows directory and overwrite the original files.
                                    (In case you want to restore the original files, simply delete your modified files and on next soft-reset the ROM files will be restored) )
                                  • SAMSUNG TUNE and Start up Screen: to disable them replace the following files with some empty files having the same name (For this you can also use the Silence.wav file already present in the Windows directory, see above): \windows\power_on.gif; \windows\PowerOn.wav; \windows\power_off.gif; \windows\PowerOff.wav
                                  • RINGTONES: if you have some problem with custom ringtones, you can move them directly into \windows folder or \My Storage folder
                                  • Codes to increase all volume levels on Omnia II. Just dial this *#0002*28346# ---> Audio gain screen will pop up----> click on music speaker----> then click again----> Under output volume change the following values: L1VL2 – 110; HPG7 – 1110; L3L7 – 10; OVL7 – 00001001; OVR7 - 00010010 --->then click apply, a small screen will pop up, click ok on it----> once on the main screen again, you can apply the same values for all other areas like ringtone, force speaker, voice, speaker and once done, click on menu and exit. Note that these values will not be changed after the soft reset but they will go back to manufacture values after a hard reset. These are the default values to set everything like before: L1VL2 – 101; HPG7 – 1011; L3VL7 – 10; OVL7 – 00011000; OVR7 - 00011000

Active Sync

[*]How to stop ActiveSync from turning itself on all the time: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=463013 (It’s working for me but ONLY if I not remove the fake server; the first time I tried to remove it as suggested but Active Sync started again later)

Landscape Screen

[*]To be able to manually rotate the screen in any application: go to registry hk_local machine – system – gdi – rotation; in key HideOrientationUi change 1 to 0. Then open Settings – Personal – Buttons and assign to any button the command “Rotate Screen” (you can see this option after you change the registry and only in winmo setting page) (working well for me, I prefer to be able to choose when I want to view something in landscape mode than relaying on how I rotate my phone…)

Hard reset

[*]1. Turn OFF the phone; 2. Press VolumeUp and Lock buttons (do not release); 3. Press Call/Green and then HangUp/Red (do not release all buttons); 4. Phone should Vibrate and turn on; 5. Count to 3 and release all buttons; You will have a choice to FORMAT or CANCEL the operation.

[*]Master Reset of Omnia by DialPad: You can also key in the following code to the dial pad to do a Master Reset: *2767*3855#

Rejecting calls and auto-reply Sms

[*]Go to Phonebook, the 4th tab (Reject), click New and there you can choose the contacts to reject and also you can add the Sms to be automatically sent when you decide to ignore a call

Test functions

[*]To access the test functions, you can enter *#0*# on the dial pad or launch the file /windows/LCDTest.exe; the digital compass can be launched from /windows/CompassTestMode.exe (Thus, you can potentially create shortcut icons to these applications)

Lock screen

[*] If you use the default Samsung Lock screen, in case you have a missed call, the phone will remain unlocked A solution is using S2U2 to lock your phone. Using the Slide to Answer feature also prevents accidentally refusing a call by misclicking or while taking the phone out of a pocket.

Connections

[*]Use Data Connection from your phone to access internet with your laptop/PC: 1) You'll need to put the USB Connection in Activesyn mode and tick the Enable Advance Network Functionality. There is also a standard steps you MUST follow: a-1) Make sure that your USB connection is set to activesyn with advance network enabled a-2) Make sure that you disable your auto disconnection in your data connection setting. a) Connect the device to the PC using the USB cable. :) Get connected to the activesyn/Windows Mobile Device Center first. c) Start ICS. d) Press connect 2) You might be getting disconnected intermittenly when connected through ICS. This is due to the Data Connection settings you've done. If you've set that the data connection will be automatically disconnected after X mins, basically, as long as there are no packets, it will be disconnected. 3) When connected through ICS, if there are any call/sms/mms coming in, your connection will be lost. This will only happen if you use GPRS connection. You WON'T get disconnected if you use 3G connection

[*] Disabling Data Connection: you can use some of the following freeware programs: NoData, NoDataInRoaming, Conn Manager

[*]Auto disconnect Data Connection: go towireless manager -> menu -> data connection settings -> No packet for xx minutes

[*]Use the internet connection from laptop/PC on your ppc: you need to get the phone to be connected to the computer through Active Sync and you need to go to setting->general setting->usb connection and enable the "enable advanced network functionality" option.

SMS/Email

[*]Disable the skinned apps for email and sms and enable threading message. You will need to change 3 registry entry:

1) HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\Note\DLL

change the value from emform.dll to htmlnote.dll

2) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\SMStext\DLL

change the value from mms.dll to htmlnote.dll

3) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM\SMSInboxThreadingDisabled

change the value from 1 to 0

There are a couple of side effects to this though.

1) No name-type-ahead for the SMSes that you compose via tmail. You have to select the recipients from the address book. (
                                  This could be fixed if you disable T9 and enable the WinMo text prediction, read the Inputing section)

2) You're not able to MMS.

[*]Threaded SMS Input Space: if you using the default Tmail for Threaded SMS (and not some 3rd party program… I recently gave up on VITO SMS-chat after too many bugs/problems for me), you will notice that the space to input text is really too small. To change it, look for the file \Windows\thread_sms.htm You can open the file with Word Mobile to edit it:

Find the line <Inbox:content id="COMPOSESUBJECT" width="98%" height=35 spell ......>

and modify the value of height from 35 to 65 or 70, to get 3 line spacing for the input

Save the edited file somewhere and then use Total Commander or Resco Explorer to move it to Windows overwriting the old file.

[*]Using 3rd party programs as the default SMS

Go to: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSINBOX

Change key 1 (default : Tmail.exe) with your software

---Example to use VITO SMS-Chat, change to: "\Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMSChat.exe"

---Example to use the Sms program from Resco Contact, change to: RPhoneMan -sms

By the way, if you also want to change to Resco Contact Manager change this key:

HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Shell>Rai>:MSCONTACTS

Change key labelled 1 to :RPMContacts

[*]Remove the SMS sent notification

Go To: HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Inbox > MsgTypes > IPM > SMSText

Change: DLL value from mms.dll to htmlnote.dll

Soft reset and then

Go To: HKLM > Software > Microsoft > Inbox > Settings

Change: MMSNoSentMsg name to SMSNoSentMsg

Change: SMSNoSentMsg value to 1

Then: Soft Reset

[*]The Message Sent notification is tied to your MMS alert. Remove the sound/vibration for MMS and it'll remove for Message Sent as well. (but I also read somewhere that this is related to the firmware so it may not work for everybody)

Inputing

[*]Set the zoom level for both writing and typing: go to Setting > Advance Setting > System > Input Method > Option

[*]Change from Samsung Qwerty to Keypad:Tap and hold on the XT9 button, you will see the option.

[*]Disable Samsung's XT9 and uses Windows text prediction (but must backspace to see the matched entries).

Go to: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\layouts\e0010409

Edit: Ime File from \Windows\XT9ime.dll to \Windows\compime.dll

Edit Layout Text from Samsung Keypad to COMP IME

In case you want to go back, revert to old values.

TV-Out

[*]Use a TV-Out cable for Nokia N95 (I have it and it’s working well)

[*]Before buying the Nokia cable, I did buy a random RCA cable but it’s not working for me

Video Playback

[*]Subtitle format for Touch Player: SAMI (.smi). To convert subtitles to .smi you can use Subtitle Workshop (It works good, the only problem for me is that the SAMI format will not display on TV while on TV-Out mode)

[*]I also tried to use TCPMP with subtitle plugin (this way the subs are displayed on TV too) but the quality of DGI mode is really really not good enough to watch a movie on TV

[*]CorePlayer v1.3.5 settings for quality playback on OMNIA II: Video\Video Output --> DirectDraw; DirectDraw\ --> Tick only Overlay with colorkey (don't select the other 2 options) (Honestly I didn’t try this one)

[*]Video encoding settings for Touch Player at HD quality: using AVS Converter, mpeg4 profile @1500kbs 24fps with a few adjusted settings in the mpeg4 profile. Link to a tread with attached jpg of the settings: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...ing-assistance/

Misc

[*]Record incoming call: after the call is connected, press note, display recording bar, and press record (or you can install a 3rd party program for more easy usage and auto recording)

[*] Display contacts as "Firstname Lastname": you can use shubaroo.com’s Contact changer - currently at version 1.3 (some Contact Manager programs, such as Resco, have this option too)

[*] Mobile Tracker: Settings> Security > Mobile Tracker will send out an sms automatically when it detects a different sim card inserted; the settings will remain there even if the phone is hard reset (there are more advanced security programs with GPS functions too, but this one has the advantage of not being disabled by hard reset)

[*]Application Store: You may find the program under \Windows\Application Store. At first launch it will download an update and install under \Program Files\Application Store.

[*]Incoming Call Notice: very very low sound notice when someone else is calling during another call. I read it was fixed in some new firmware but need confirmation

Edited by tacchan23

Guest FerdiBorbon

Good work tacchan23

I can confirm the Sms tone works if it is a .wav file, i have converted all my sms tones to .wav as .mp3 format is the low tone issue...

Edited by FerdiBorbon

Guest jktorrent

Hi tacchan23,

do you have the setting to improve the sensitivity touch for our omnia 2 ? I saw it somewhere, but can't remember where is it .. it just tweak the registry and the sensitivity on finger slide etc are improve ..

Hi tacchan23,

do you have the setting to improve the sensitivity touch for our omnia 2 ? I saw it somewhere, but can't remember where is it .. it just tweak the registry and the sensitivity on finger slide etc are improve ..

Are you sure you're not thinking of the fix for omnia 1? I find the responsiveness of omnia 2 to be excellent.

Guest argoldst

WOW, GREAT JOB! I don't suppose you could make rom from everything you have done so we could just flash our phones and have similar layout/style/programs?

If so, I would love to have it.

Guest tacchan23
Hi tacchan23,

Sorry, even if I did read a lot of forums about Omnia2 this is the first time I hear about it.

Maybe you can try to align your screen using a stylus for better results.

Guest tacchan23
WOW, GREAT JOB! I don't suppose you could make rom from everything you have done so we could just flash our phones and have similar layout/style/programs?

If so, I would love to have it.

ehehe, I am sorry... I have zero experience with that kind of thing and anything related to coding/programming/etc^^

Guest La Traviata

Connections

• Disabling Data Connection: you can use some of the following freeware programs: NoData, NoDataInRoaming, Conn Manager

Does Omnia II not have data call manager? On Omnia I in settings > Connection.

Guest meridian64
Landscape Screen

• To be able to manually rotate the screen in any application: go to registry hk_local machine – system – gdi – rotation; in key HideOrientationUi change 1 to 0. Then open Settings – Personal – Buttons and assign to any button the command “Rotate Screen” (you can see this option after you change the registry and only in winmo setting page) (working well for me, I prefer to be able to choose when I want to view something in landscape mode than relaying on how I rotate my phone…)

Thank you for your detailed post!

Please excuse my ignorance, I am new to this game, how do you access the winmo settings page? I keep getting the samsung settings page and there is no listing of "Rotate screen"

Thanks

Guest tacchan23
Thank you for your detailed post!

Please excuse my ignorance, I am new to this game, how do you access the winmo settings page? I keep getting the samsung settings page and there is no listing of "Rotate screen"

Thanks

Setting - General Setting - Samsung TouchWiz UI: disable it

After that if you tap on the Windows icon (top left corner) you will be able to acces the Windows start menu (and the winmo settings) instead of the Samsung Main menu.

Guest byakuya999

hihi, just wondering, does anyone have success with regards to changing the shutter01.wav, shutter02.wav sounds? how do you unlock the file for editing, since it is stored in the rom?

thanks in advance!

Guest tacchan23
hihi, just wondering, does anyone have success with regards to changing the shutter01.wav, shutter02.wav sounds? how do you unlock the file for editing, since it is stored in the rom?

thanks in advance!

Use the Silence.wav file already present in the Windows directory.

Copy it to another folder, make more copies and rename them to shutter01.wav, shutter02.wav, etc.

Use Resco File Manager or Total Commander to move them to Windows directory and overwrite the original files.

(In case you want to restore the original files, simply delete your modified files and on next soft-reset the ROM files will be restored)

Edited by tacchan23

Guest byakuya999
Use the Silence.wav file already present in the Windows directory.

(In case you want to restore the original files, simply delete your modified files and on next soft-reset the ROM files will be restored)

hey, thanks! i think it works..

but i dare not try, after seeing the warning that it may damage the rom. =x

thanks anw! (:

Hi tacchan23 !

I need your help! After I edited the registry: To fix the increasing ring problem, go to registry \HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring; Change the DWORD: AttenuationCategory to Value: 1

My omnia doesnt ring during an incoming call. I tried to switch back to the default value, but its still the same. I hope you know how to solve this problem. Thanks!

Guest tacchan23
Hi tacchan23 !

I need your help! After I edited the registry: To fix the increasing ring problem, go to registry \HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring; Change the DWORD: AttenuationCategory to Value: 1

My omnia doesnt ring during an incoming call. I tried to switch back to the default value, but its still the same. I hope you know how to solve this problem. Thanks!

mmm, it's working for me (and many other people) so I don't know really...

did u try a soft reset?

what firmware do u have?

did this happen after switching from vibrate mode? (I did read about someone who faced the problem of no ringtone sound when u switch back from vibrate mode, I'm posting here his solution just in case... even if it doesn't much sense to me):

Option 1

1. Create a folder call "My Ringtones" in My Storage

2. Throw all your customised ringtones like mp3 which you want to set as your ringtone into this folder

3. Go to samsung setting -> Sound Setting -> Ring -> Ring Tone. Set the ringtone to any of the customised ringtone u want.

4. Click done and exit all the way until the main menu.

5. Now try set your mobile to vibrate mode and switch back to sound mode to test if its what you want.

Option 2(For those who try option 1 and cannot work)

1. Create a folder call "My Ringtones" in My Storage

2. Throw all your customised ringtones like mp3 which you want to set as your ringtone into this folder

3. Go to samsung setting -> Sound Setting -> Ring -> Ring Tone. Set the ringtone to any of the default samsung ringtone that come preinstall with the omnia II

4. Click done and exit all the way until the main menu.

5. Go back to samsung setting -> Sound Setting -> Ring -> Ring Tone. This time round set the ringtone to any of the customised ringtone u want.

6. Now try set your mobile to vibrate mode and switch back to test if its what you want.

Guest tacchan23
Hmm... it still doesnt' work. I have soft-reset many times already. My firmware is the latest one. I8000XXIH3.

mmm, stupid question... are both System Volume and Ring Volume to max level?

are u sure this problem happened just after the registry edit?