Omnia2 Tips&FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest bobobird
I saw this post somewhere, I have not tired it cause mine is fine.

To make touch screen ore sensitive: HKLM>system>GWE>touch>filter>minimumtaptime = 0

Hope it helps.

Thanks, using it without problem.

Guest vodanhdaisu

Hi guys, anybody here can answer my question? How can i disable SS SMS Skin? it's an annoying to me to choose the recipents. I've already applied tacchan's tips to disable SS Dial skin. At previous rom version, it also disable SS SMS skin, but it is uneffected at this IJ6 rom version. What can i do to disable that pain on my ass?

Guest tacchan23
Hi guys, anybody here can answer my question? How can i disable SS SMS Skin? it's an annoying to me to choose the recipents. I've already applied tacchan's tips to disable SS Dial skin. At previous rom version, it also disable SS SMS skin, but it is uneffected at this IJ6 rom version. What can i do to disable that pain on my ass?

Did you try this? I didn't try it yet on wm 6.5 rom (as honestly I haven't used a sms in a looooong time ahahaha).

Anyway I think you could try to modifiy only the second regetry (number 1 is already modified by samsung in new rom; number 3 is for threaded sms)

Anyway I didn't test myself on new rom, in case let me know if you try:)

Disable the skinned apps for email and sms and enable threading message. You will need to change 3 registry entry:

1) HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\Note\DLL

change the value from emform.dll to htmlnote.dll

2) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\SMStext\DLL

change the value from mms.dll to htmlnote.dll

3) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM\SMSInboxThreadingDisabled

change the value from 1 to 0

There are a couple of side effects to this though.

1) No name-type-ahead for the SMSes that you compose via tmail. You have to select the recipients from the address book. (
This could be fixed if you disable T9 and enable the WinMo text prediction, read the Inputing section)

2) You're not able to MMS.

Guest tacchan23

@Ultraviolet:

Yes, I think I did a mistake in the original post.

It should be

HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\SMStext\DLL

Anyway I haven't tried the sms notification on new rom, as said above I almost never send sms^^

In case you try, let me know the result:)

Guest vodanhdaisu
Did you try this? I didn't try it yet on wm 6.5 rom (as honestly I haven't used a sms in a looooong time ahahaha).

Anyway I think you could try to modifiy only the second regetry (number 1 is already modified by samsung in new rom; number 3 is for threaded sms)

Anyway I didn't test myself on new rom, in case let me know if you try:)

Disable the skinned apps for email and sms and enable threading message. You will need to change 3 registry entry:

1) HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\Note\DLL

change the value from emform.dll to htmlnote.dll

2) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\SMStext\DLL

3) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM\SMSInboxThreadingDisabled

change the value from 1 to 0

There are a couple of side effects to this though.

1) No name-type-ahead for the SMSes that you compose via tmail. You have to select the recipients from the address book. (
This could be fixed if you disable T9 and enable the WinMo text prediction, read the Inputing section)

2) You're not able to MMS.

Thank you so much tacchan, you're my God. I've done as you guided, and certainly that pain on my as has gone also :)

my i8000 GPS reception is very poor, it takes 20-30 minutes to detect satellite

I am using garmin mobile

1) GPS program port : COM 7

2) GPS hardware port : COM 9

3) Baud Rate : 4800( is this correct? I didn't change it!!! )

4) Enable Manage GPS automatically ( ON )

i have enable XTRA server and SNTP server

Guest bobobird

I am using garmin mobile

Yes a real pain in the butt.

Today sat outside with a wide sky view and never got a fix the whole time. Tonight held the device out the window with a very limited sky view and got a fix in < 5 minutes. LOL. A couple of days ago got a fix in a few seconds. Really unreliable.

Samsung has some great technology but when it comes to the little things they are ABSOLUTE IDIOTS. Any device that has a SIRFIII chip gets a fix within 2-3 seconds even in mediocre settings. But all these stupid cell phone companies (except Acer) insist on using AGPS for no good reason (perhaps its cheaper?). But given the cost of the devices that have these chips a little added cost would not deter those who buy such high-end devices.

I quite dont understand why because SIRFIII does not need xtras or sntp servers and all that added baggage. So should be a cheaper and cleaner choice.

Google for example uses cell tower triangulation to give ones approximate location. Surely, AGPS could do the same to at least get an initial position and coordinate that data with the xtras data and get a quicker fix. But something so simple seems beyond the idiots that they employ.

I have suggested directly to SS before that their choice of GPS chips is absolutely wrong but did'nt even get a reply!

The one and only reason I buy a highend device is because I really hate carrying around extra stuff like a gps unit, a camera, a data card, etc etc. When will these companies give us something that just works ???

Oh btw HTC's are no better - they have only one concern - the interface.

Really stupid and retarded !!!!

Edited by bobobird

Guest carlos415

Anyone knows if the virtual QWERTY keyboard goes into landscape orientation when typing in Word Mobile or Notes? (for Pictures, Opera and Message it goes).

Yes a real pain in the butt.

Today sat outside with a wide sky view and never got a fix the whole time. Tonight held the device out the window with a very limited sky view and got a fix in < 5 minutes. LOL. A couple of days ago got a fix in a few seconds. Really unreliable.

Samsung has some great technology but when it comes to the little things they are ABSOLUTE IDIOTS. Any device that has a SIRFIII chip gets a fix within 2-3 seconds even in mediocre settings. But all these stupid cell phone companies (except Acer) insist on using AGPS for no good reason (perhaps its cheaper?). But given the cost of the devices that have these chips a little added cost would not deter those who buy such high-end devices.

I quite dont understand why because SIRFIII does not need xtras or sntp servers and all that added baggage. So should be a cheaper and cleaner choice.

Google for example uses cell tower triangulation to give ones approximate location. Surely, AGPS could do the same to at least get an initial position and coordinate that data with the xtras data and get a quicker fix. But something so simple seems beyond the idiots that they employ.

I have suggested directly to SS before that their choice of GPS chips is absolutely wrong but did'nt even get a reply!

The one and only reason I buy a highend device is because I really hate carrying around extra stuff like a gps unit, a camera, a data card, etc etc. When will these companies give us something that just works ???

Oh btw HTC's are no better - they have only one concern - the interface.

Really stupid and retarded !!!!

I have an omnia 1, an Omnia 2 and a HTC HD.

Believe all three use AGPS.

HTC HD can detect satellite within (1-2 minutes); Omnia 1 ( 1-3 minutes) but my Omnia 2 ( 5 -40 minutes)... something certainly wrong in omnia 2, either GPS hardware or setting.

I have hard reset, re-install garmin, still same. I try with another friend's Omnia 2, same problem.

any trick to get a quick satellite detection?

Guest Ultraviolet
@Ultraviolet:

It should be

Anyway I haven't tried the sms notification on new rom, as said above I almost never send sms^^

inmatrixout, wakeupneo,

Well, there shouldn't be anything more that needs to be done.

I tested this dll with Teeter, Lightsaber, Seismo, and everything worked fine.

Hi, GinKage, can You please put here Teeter, lightsaber and seismo cabs, working on our omnia II? And what about diamond hologram? Thanks in advance

Guest tacchan23

I am using garmin mobile

Did you also try Baud Rate : 9600?

I read it was working well for some people (no chance to use GPS untill I go back to my country and my car^^)

Guest AndyHamp

I read it was working well for some people (no chance to use GPS untill I go back to my country and my car^^)

It seems to depend on the application .... i use TomTom and this won't get a lock at all .... however if you install Franson GPSGate ... it's almost instantainous.

I did see a note about chaging some stuff in the registry but wasn't happy with that as the GPSGate bit works

Guest vodanhdaisu

I have a question? How can i watch video online through Opera ? At the first 6.1 rom in my Omnia2, it played well, but when i flashed to IJ6, it is no longer able to play online video

Guest tacchan23

I just tried my Garmin now, with Baud Rate 9600

I got the first fix after installation in 3 minutes (with XTRA downloaded)

Guest Albertri

I just tried my Garmin now, with Baud Rate 9600

I got the first fix after installation in 3 minutes (with XTRA downloaded)

For me with XTRA predownloaded using google map able to conenct with GPS very fast the 1st time took around 3mins but there after is pretty fast.

But before i came to know about downloading XTRA i give up waiting for GPS to connect

Guest bobobird

GPS -

Once you get a fix the first time, almost all future uses will be with 1-2 seconds of app startup.

BUT this is only true if the phone has not be soft-reset. Seems that something is being recorded somewhere which is lost with a power off/on cylle.

Tried it just now - fix almost instant. Softreset and never got a fix though there were many sats in the gps data window (iGo).

Guest Ultraviolet
@Ultraviolet:

It should be

It works, it removes the VERY annoying sent notification sound and pop up, BUT, removes the Samsung SMS Skin and applies WM. Wich is not too bad, so I kept the changes :)

Now I'm getting picky, ;) , this also weirds up the font size of writing and reading SMS, writing for some reason becomes bigger, and if you decrease the system text size, it will decrease ALL text, so, do you have any idea how to make the reading SMS text just as big as the typing SMS text ?? ;)

Edited by Ultraviolet