Omnia2 Tips&FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest tacchan23
It works, it removes the VERY annoying sent notification sound and pop up, BUT, removes the Samsung SMS Skin and applies WM. Wich is not too bad, so I kept the changes :)

Now I'm getting picky, ;) , this also weirds up the font size of writing and reading SMS, writing for some reason becomes bigger, and if you decrease the system text size, it will decrease ALL text, so, do you have any idea how to make the reading SMS text just as big as the typing SMS text ?? ;)

Maybe you could try this, but I have really no idea if it's working (depending on ROM and other registry settings I think):

Inputing

• Set the zoom level for both writing and typing: go to Setting > Advance Setting > System > Input Method > Options (tab)

Guest vodanhdaisu

tacchan, you forgot my question. How can i watch video online through Opera ? At the first 6.1 rom in my Omnia2, it played well, but when i flashed to IJ6, it is no longer able to play online video. I knew i need some flash lite, but i tried some versions of flash lite since i used htc hd and omnia1, but it's not compatible for omnia2. What can i do now?

Guest tacchan23
tacchan, you forgot my question. How can i watch video online through Opera ? At the first 6.1 rom in my Omnia2, it played well, but when i flashed to IJ6, it is no longer able to play online video. I knew i need some flash lite, but i tried some versions of flash lite since i used htc hd and omnia1, but it's not compatible for omnia2. What can i do now?

I really have no idea sorry :)

You mean YouTube video by the way? or what?

Guest vodanhdaisu

same type with youtube, becoz youtube has application for its own by Google to watch video in youtube already. And i'm satisfy with this application.

But you know, some website has video clip on it, i don't know its source, i would like to watch those video clips on Opera.

Sorry for my bad english

Hope you understand and could have some idea for this issue

Guest tacchan23
same type with youtube, becoz youtube has application for its own by Google to watch video in youtube already. And i'm satisfy with this application.

But you know, some website has video clip on it, i don't know its source, i would like to watch those video clips on Opera.

Sorry for my bad english

Hope you understand and could have some idea for this issue

if you tell me a link of a video you have problem with, I can have a look if it's working for me

Guest mightymouse1045

Hi people,

Look everyone keeps making it out to be easy to disable touchwiz ui. I've seen that it's "supposed" to be under samsung settings - general settings - touchwiz ui. But For the freaking life of me i cannot find it under there. So I still have the samsung start menu running and pressing button 1 (or the cube button) is bringing up the samsung main menu - so i have remapped that. I also saw a override start setting in the SPB settings - but that didn't do anything...

:)

Is there no other way to disable touchwiz completely? I mean I am sure it is still being loaded in the background etc. Is there a Registry hack, or some other way to bring up the touchwiz ui settings screen so I can disable it, or anything at all I can do?

Thanks in advance

Guest tacchan23
Hi people,

Look everyone keeps making it out to be easy to disable touchwiz ui. I've seen that it's "supposed" to be under samsung settings - general settings - touchwiz ui. But For the freaking life of me i cannot find it under there. So I still have the samsung start menu running and pressing button 1 (or the cube button) is bringing up the samsung main menu - so i have remapped that. I also saw a override start setting in the SPB settings - but that didn't do anything...

:)

Is there no other way to disable touchwiz completely? I mean I am sure it is still being loaded in the background etc. Is there a Registry hack, or some other way to bring up the touchwiz ui settings screen so I can disable it, or anything at all I can do?

Thanks in advance

Which ROM you using? on WM6.5 rom there is no more option to enable TouchWiz

When i connect to the internet with the WiFi connection, my Omnia II becomes very slow. Other computers connected to the same router is very fast. Is there a menu for the speed in Wifi mode?

I use WM6.5pro

Guest tacchan23
When i connect to the internet with the WiFi connection, my Omnia II becomes very slow. Other computers connected to the same router is very fast. Is there a menu for the speed in Wifi mode?

I use WM6.5pro

Can't help you there sorry, won't have any access to wifi internet untill new year

Guest forelli
Which ROM you using? on WM6.5 rom there is no more option to enable TouchWiz

In mine, the option is there, right under Samsung Settings>General Settings>TouchWiz UI (The last item at the bottom).

forelli

Edited by forelli

Hi,

I updated my Omnia2 to J6 of Secany's WM6.5 ROM (EUR CSC) and I as well can't find any option to turn TouchWiz off. Is there a registry key or any other trick to get rid of it ? It's strange that it is supposed to be off already in J6 because the start button does NOT behave "windows"-like :)

It really annoys me a lot.

Thanks a lot

Fjonn

Edited by fjonn

Guest tacchan23
Hi,

I updated my Omnia2 to J6 of Secany's WM6.5 ROM (EUR CSC) and I as well can't find any option to turn TouchWiz off. Is there a registry key or any other trick to get rid of it ? It's strange that it is supposed to be off already in J6 because the start button does NOT behave "windows"-like :)

Thanks a lot

Fjonn

In J6 ROM TouchWiz is already disabled, there is no option to enable it.

Edited by tacchan23

Guest Tylwith
Hi,

Thanks a lot

Fjonn

You can try to install the 6.1 setting menu you can find it here

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...dated-21-10-09/

You can try to install the 6.1 setting menu you can find it here

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...dated-21-10-09/

Thanks for the reply but it didn't work. Maybe I am mistaking this stupid scroll through menu I get when I press the start button for touchwiz but the one I had in 6.1 after disabling touchwiz was much nicer (very similar to the normal xp one)...way less to scroll

So any suggestions how to switch to that behavior ?

Thanks a lot

Fjonn

Guest tacchan23
Thanks for the reply but it didn't work. Maybe I am mistaking this stupid scroll through menu I get when I press the start button for touchwiz but the one I had in 6.1 after disabling touchwiz was much nicer (very similar to the normal xp one)...way less to scroll

So any suggestions how to switch to that behavior ?

Thanks a lot

Fjonn

The scroll menu you get when you press the start button is not related to TouchWiz^^ that's the WM 6.5 normal start menu :)

The scroll menu you get when you press the start button is not related to TouchWiz^^ that's the WM 6.5 normal start menu :)

Hmmm :( Still don't like it, is there a possibility to switch back to the old behavior ?? Btw. is there an option to change the steps in the volume selection (through the buttons). It sucks to just have 5 different settings when listening to music with headphones, it's impossible to get the right volume with this low sensitivity.

Thanks

Fjonn

Guest tacchan23
Hmmm :) Still don't like it, is there a possibility to switch back to the old behavior ?? Btw. is there an option to change the steps in the volume selection (through the buttons). It sucks to just have 5 different settings when listening to music with headphones, it's impossible to get the right volume with this low sensitivity.

Thanks

Fjonn

About the start menu, I think the trick may be organizing the applications in folders so that there is very little to scroll (like for example a Folder for the junks application, some Folders by subject and the most used application left in the start menu withount any folder for easy access)

About the volume I don't know... the only thing to do may be adjusting further the volume in the Media Player or in the headphones

Guest 01mpowers

hi guys, could someone please tell me where i can find the appstore installation file? i Know its under program files but my brother deleted it coz he thought itd be funny.

can someone please upload the original installation cab/file for me plzzz many thanks!!