Omnia2 Tips&FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest vodanhdaisu
err.. about uninstallation.. its kind of failing.. i installed a cab on the storage card.. and uninstalling it takes forever.. i tried uninstalling through active sync.. but it fails as well.. its says its 0.0kb...

Friend, may i know what is the program you're trying to uninstall it

Guest vodanhdaisu
err.. about uninstallation.. its kind of failing.. i installed a cab on the storage card.. and uninstalling it takes forever.. i tried uninstalling through active sync.. but it fails as well.. its says its 0.0kb...

Friend, may i know what is the program you're trying to uninstall it ?

Guest alvinkh

hmm tacchan23, i installed iphonetoday with spb ms 3.5, how to actually customize both to accommodate each other? i got problem going back to spb ms main screen after opening iphonetoday

Edited by alvinkh

Guest darkworldzz

i am uninstalling the mskip addon for spb shell.... but i tink it may have been my fault.. i installed the qvga ver and did nt uninstall it(tht tym i did nt noe how to uninstall it) b for i installed the vga ver... but its alright.. everything is working fine.. and i am gna upgrade to wm6.5 soon when it reaches my country...

another qns about spb shell on omnia2.. does it increase the battery usage??? its kind of droppin quite fast...

Edited by darkworldzz

Guest tacchan23
hmm tacchan23, i installed iphonetoday with spb ms 3.5, how to actually customize both to accommodate each other? i got problem going back to spb ms main screen after opening iphonetoday

It depends on how are you using iPhone Today? as a Today Plugin or as a standalone program?

I used it as a standalone program and used to press the "red" phone button (the one to close a call) to go back to SPB ms. (and I had a shortcut to iPhoneToday on my bottom bar of SPB ms as in my screens)

If you using it as a TodayPlugin, I'm not really sure sorry

Edited by tacchan23

Guest tacchan23
another qns about spb shell on omnia2.. does it increase the battery usage??? its kind of droppin quite fast...

I haven't tried spb ms 3.5 yet... so I don't know but some other people complained about it too.

Guest alvinkh
It depends on how are you using iPhone Today? as a Today Plugin or as a standalone program?

I used it as a standalone program and used to press the "red" phone button (the one to close a call) to go back to SPB ms. (and I had a shortcut to iPhoneToday on my bottom bar of SPB ms as in my screens)

If you using it as a TodayPlugin, I'm not really sure sorry

i'm trying to use it as a standalone program too, using spb as my today plugin.. trying to accommodate both together so i cant off touchwiz completely as it really lags badly lol

Guest Ultraviolet

Is there any way to remove the "send message and ignore call" when someone calls. I tend to accidentally press the ignore botton.

Also, can you edit the default messages of the ignore list? I know you can ADD, but can you edit/delete the existing ones?

Thanks!

Guest tacchan23
Is there any way to remove the "send message and ignore call" when someone calls. I tend to accidentally press the ignore botton.

Also, can you edit the default messages of the ignore list? I know you can ADD, but can you edit/delete the existing ones?

Thanks!

If you flash to WM 6.5 rom, they removed the "send message and ignore call" function.

I just tried now, it seems you can't edit/delete existing ones... can delete just the new made sms.

Guest alvinkh

tacchan23 is there anyway to get the taskbar installation file as shown from ur first post? the forum only allow registered users to read now and there's no way to register unless someone send the invitation

Guest tacchan23
tacchan23 is there anyway to get the taskbar installation file as shown from ur first post? the forum only allow registered users to read now and there's no way to register unless someone send the invitation

You can find them here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=512971 or here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65911

But if you using WM6.5 rom they not work good anymore so now I'm using this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=520132

Guest tacchan23
hmm bro, does the 1 u using able to run on wm 6.1?

you mean the taskbar I am using now or the one I have in my screenshots?

the one I use now I am not sure if it works on wm 6.1 (anyway you should flash to wm 6.5^^)

Guest Ultraviolet
If you flash to WM 6.5 rom, they removed the "send message and ignore call" function.

I just tried now, it seems you can't edit/delete existing ones... can delete just the new made sms.

Thanks so much for the advice :)

Guest alvinkh
you mean the taskbar I am using now or the one I have in my screenshots?

the one I use now I am not sure if it works on wm 6.1 (anyway you should flash to wm 6.5^^)

yup the current 1 one u using lol.. well, i never flash my rom before and i guess i gonna sucks at it lol, gonna wait till weekends then i can settle down and try flashing it.. hopefully i dont brick my phone :)

Guest tacchan23
yup the current 1 one u using lol.. well, i never flash my rom before and i guess i gonna sucks at it lol, gonna wait till weekends then i can settle down and try flashing it.. hopefully i dont brick my phone :)

I failed to flashing in a row now^^ (to IJ3 and IJ6)

I really suggest you to do like me, just flash PDA and CSC part of the rom. That way you are safe and can flash again if there is a problem the first time. If you try flashing also eboot and phone part there may be more serious problems (brick) after a failed flashing attempt.

Guest solardo

Increasing ring problem

• To fix the increasing ring problem, go to registry \HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring; Change the DWORD: AttenuationCategory to Value: 1

I tried this but it doesn't work for my i8000... all incoming call ring tones are muted while the phone still vibrates. Anyone can help me with this?

Guest tacchan23
Increasing ring problem

• To fix the increasing ring problem, go to registry \HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring; Change the DWORD: AttenuationCategory to Value: 1

I tried this but it doesn't work for my i8000... all incoming call ring tones are muted while the phone still vibrates. Anyone can help me with this?

Which ROM you using? if wm6.5 ROM, it's not working anymore as posted in the WM6.5 update.

Also I heard it didn't work anymore on some H5 or newer rom

Guest alvinkh
I failed to flashing in a row now^^ (to IJ3 and IJ6)

I really suggest you to do like me, just flash PDA and CSC part of the rom. That way you are safe and can flash again if there is a problem the first time. If you try flashing also eboot and phone part there may be more serious problems (brick) after a failed flashing attempt.

thanks for the advice.. but i kinda noob in flashing.. hoping for the official release to see if there is program provided by samsung to do a easier flash..

Guest tacchan23
HOW TO REMOVE TOUCHWIZ COMPLETLY? !!! HELP PLEASE

you can not remove it completly, you can just disable it. (if you have new J6 rom, it is disabled already)

Guest Ultraviolet
Tnanks

Tried it, no difference or actually seemed slower. Any ideas ?

I saw this post somewhere, I have not tired it cause mine is fine.

To make touch screen ore sensitive: HKLM>system>GWE>touch>filter>minimumtaptime = 0

Hope it helps.