Samsung I8000 Rom dump I8000XXIH3

Guest gertitombo

Guest argoldst
Hello,

At this moment, I'm uploading my rom I8000XXIH3 to RapidSare.

Please be patient. Upload would be done in 1/2 an hour.

Thx

Do you have any info on the changes from G7?

Guest gertitombo
Hello,

At this moment, I'm uploading my rom I8000XXIH3 to RapidSare.

Please be patient. Upload would be done in 1/2 an hour.

Thx

No, i'm sorry. I understand that this is the latest rom and I don't have any problems with it.

Guest argoldst
See above, first post.

GT

Perhaps a silly question but when i downloaded G7 it was a huge file (450 megs). This new rom seems MUCH MUCH smaller (under 200 megs).

Am I missing something here? is it the complete rom?

Guest thebiker
Perhaps a silly question but when i downloaded G7 it was a huge file (450 megs). This new rom seems MUCH MUCH smaller (under 200 megs).

There are raw files. How can we flash it?

Guest gertitombo

If you unpack the three files, the file will be around 400mb

Guest willowfarru

Thanks but now it,s not available , can someone upload the files to megaupload , filefactory ...

gertitombo you can also transfer links to Collector's Zone with a rapidshare free acount .

Edited by willowfarru

Guest gertitombo
If you unpack the three files, the file will be around 400mb

I'm uploading the files to megaupload.com now. Be patient. Check first post.

:)

Edited by gertitombo

Guest Chainfire

You can't flash RAWs directly ATM. As stated in the OpenGL thread:

Flashing such dumps is far away from reality in any case right now. It won't be possible to do that until we have a full kitchen, you can't just flash these back (usually). What I can do with these files is try to pick the right files and upgrade those, to see if I can get some results. However, upgrading the files I need 'in place' stops my device from booting, it seems I also need to update some files from the XIP section, which I have not been able to extract so far, so no go.

I'd flash to the G7 ROM in from the other thread, however, it does not include any language files, and as my own ROM is from May or something, that seems like a bad idea. I might attempt it, but I'm a bit scared to.

In other news, it seems my v1 compat library did work with the combo of drivers that gave me garbled output. But I can't really test that until I get a ROM with the proper drivers on my device.

Right now RAWs are for research purposes. You generally need a kitchen to convert the data from the RAWs back into an image you can flash. Unless you use pdocwrite, which is very tricky (I wouldn't suggest it!)

If you just want to extract stuff from the RAWs like I did (and which is why I requested the RAWs), download a random kitchen from HTC devices on XDA-Developers (I used RaphaelKitchen), they will include tools like 'imgfstodump' and 'pkgtool' to extract the files from Part02.raw, and sort them into directories, respectively.

Edited by Chainfire

Do you have any info on the changes from G7?

- Latest firmware is IH3, support chinese input and email enhancements. Need to go SC to update (about 2 hrs). No date given on when firmware will be "self-installable". Think Samsung understand our sentiments on this topic.

- Cube light: enough said on this. Not there.

- Samsung Apps store: launched in Europe. Asia - no date.

- Wall paper resolution: crop to 480 x 800 if using camera pictures.

- Faster way to access Contacts: Press "Call" button, Type out name on keypad.

Edited by monyozt

Directly raw_file to flash with help OCTAN_loader (or GranPrix on i900) it is impossible. The raw_file is actually only pda_section, but unpacked. I yesterday have laid out program EXEcutor_2.2 - it is able to do dump\packets and OS.nb for kitchen from FULL_raw (and that I have loaded IH3 - that is by parts... It was necessary to take advantage of a command: pdocread.exe -w -d DSK1:-b 0x800 0 0x******** full_dsk1.raw, where 0х******** - the size partition DSK1... can be found out a command pdocread.exe -l ).

So in your case now it is necessary to find out a format pda_i8000 to write converter OS.nb->pda.bin... or to take advantage of available kitchen for i8000, that convertation OS.nb, received of full_raw , in pda.bin for its flashing in OCTAN_loader

Edited by Pako777

Guest Chainfire
Directly raw_file to flash with help OCTAN_loader (or GranPrix on i900) it is impossible. The raw_file is actually only pda_section, but unpacked. I yesterday have laid out program EXEcutor_2.2 - it is able to do dump\packets and OS.nb for kitchen from FULL_raw (and that I have loaded IH3 - that is by parts... It was necessary to take advantage of a command: pdocread.exe -w -d DSK1:-b 0x800 0 0x******** full_dsk1.raw, where 0х******** - the size partition DSK1... can be found out a command pdocread.exe -l ).

So in your case now it is necessary to find out a format pda_i8000 to write converter OS.nb->pda.bin... or to take advantage of available kitchen for i8000, that convertation OS.nb, received of full_raw , in pda.bin for its flashing in OCTAN_loader

Seems you know a bit more about this. Do you know how to extract XIP from these RAWs? I've not been succesfull in doing that.

I gather from all that that these raw files are quite useless to us mere mortals then. :)

Looks like that trip to samsung service centre just went up 4 notches on my to-do list.

And by the time i really get there, the latest firmware could already be H6. :)

As it is, someone has already claim to have flashed to H5..

Seems you know a bit more about this. Do you know how to extract XIP from these RAWs? I've not been succesfull in doing that.

if you make dump how i say - ... pdocread.exe -w -d DSK1: -b 0x800 0 0x******** full_dsk1.raw, where 0х******** - the size partition DSK1... can be found out a command pdocread.exe -l ... - no problem.. with help EXEcutor_2.2 you can receive OEM+ROM+SYS