Can someone tell me the differences between ROM?

Guest Dan Santoso

• 2 weeks later...
Halo,

Can someone tell me the differences between I8000XSOG1 and I8000XXIH5?

Which one is the best? I have G6 in my phone.

Thanks

I had G6 on my phone. Updated it to G7 tried it - overall very stable and noticeably quicker than G6. Then tried H9, H6 & H5 and in my honest opinion there is very little difference to G7 EXCEPT in the power management side of things. G7 will be give you stable battery life on 900/1800 and a little bit less on 3G with moderate use, where as the H series roms are noticeably less ie. 4 to 5 days on G7 and 2 to 3 days on H*. Maybe it is the way the H roms update the battery info or what I don't know. In addition, it has been spoken about in this forum that the G roms have more free memory than the H roms.

For those of who are waiting for win 6.5 - unless Samsung/HTC or any other WM device tweak the memory leak issues associated with it, I don't think it will be a fantastic upgrade.

Guest Drachen23
Halo,

Can someone tell me the differences between I8000XSOG1 and I8000XXIH5?

Which one is the best? I have G6 in my phone.

Thanks

For me the biggest difference was the Samsung skinned email client. The G6 (or was it G5?) ROM on my phone did not display HTML email well, didn't have a method to see the To and CC lists on emails and didn't have a "reply all" function. The H5 ROM I'm using now has much more acceptable mail client that fixes these issues.