best case for O2

Guest argoldst

Guest argoldst

I am currently using the sleeve that came with my O2 but I am wondering what others are using.

Are you using the sleeve, a case, a leather pouch, or something else.

Please post what you are using, and how you like it as I would like to use something other then the sleeve that came with the phone.

Guest zetagnosis
I am currently using the sleeve that came with my O2 but I am wondering what others are using.

Are you using the sleeve, a case, a leather pouch, or something else.

Please post what you are using, and how you like it as I would like to use something other then the sleeve that came with the phone.

i use this in my omnia 2: www.ADVERTISING SPAM.com

Guest tacchan23

yeah, i am interested too... could someone post a short review of their sleeve/case/leather pouch?

just to know the most important details... like if it fits the phone good, if the size/tickness is not too big, etc

possibly something on sale on ebay/ADVERTISING SPAM so i can order it too:P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest saznpins

I'm using the ADVERTISING SPAM leather case and it's ok. The fit is not the best I've seen but then again I'm a real case snob. I do like that the camera is covered when the case is closed, but the "bar" that goes across the bottom of the screen, above the cube and call/hangup buttons kind of gets in my way sometimes. It's not the thinnest leather case ever but it's not the bulkiest either, it's about average for a leather case.

I'm hoping Noreve will come up with a case for the O2 soon because I really liked their case with the original Omina and other phones I've had.

Guest AndyHamp

ADVERTISING SPAM for me too ... just love them FAR nicer quality than almost anything else it ever seen ... tad expensive but when you've just spent €500 on a phone ...

I have a case and a sleeve that came with my Omnia II, the original sleeve and the leather case from the Omnia Millionaire Pack by Samsung. At first I used the leather case, since it looks very elegant, however it has many flaws, therefore I've started using the sleeve.

The flaws of the leather case are:

-There's an inset stylus, however when you close the case the stylus often activates a hard button on the side of the phone.

-There's no opening for the speaker of the phone, this is very annoying, since the volume really decreases when something is blocking the speaker.

-There's no clip or opening for a clip to fix on a belt.

-There's no opening fot the headphones on the side.

However, this case does look very neat and has an incredible genuine leather odour, therefore the negatives overweigh the positives, since I have no more functionality of the phone through the smell of the case.

The sleeve in that case is alot more practical, however I would love a great case where the phone would fit in nicely, absorb shock and protect the screen.

Edited by lada203

Guest kohanson

I'm currently using the ADVERTISING SPAM sleeve case. I will list down the pros and cons below:

Pros:

The leather is nice with the white stitching.

There is the 3.5mm jack at the top.

One of the nicest case I have used so far.

Camera hole fits nicely.

There are holes for all the buttons.

The package comes with a ADVERTISING SPAM leather keychain and a belt clip.

The cushion at the rear is thick and nice.

Cons:

The sound is blocked by the rear 3 tiny holes and you can't enjoy the full clarity of movies.

The front portion are quite thick and therefore, I need to use my fingertips to click on the buttons which are near to the side of the screen.

I need to remove the top cover to charge and transfer data.

Guest CrashHouse

I have had several different cases for all my previous pda/smartphones, but at the moment I'm very happy with my Valenta slip case. It's slim, convienent with the pull strap and it protects my omnia II just fine.

I went a different direction to protect my I8000. I purchased the full-body invisibleSHIELD from ZAGG.com (they now have an I8000 version available). I must say that this protection is quite amazing. It does not hamper the use of the phone (actually makes it a little less slippery). I tried to scratch the protected phone on the back side to find out if their claims are actually true. They are! So now my phone is protected from scratches all the time and I never use the ugly Samsung cover that came with the phone.

• 1 month later...
Guest KILLvino

anyone try the ADVERTISING SPAM aluminum case? looks neat.

wow thanks maaen now im really thinking about one of those too. the main reason i wanted a case was cuz the omnia felt really slippery all the time and the backs damn fingerprint magnet.

Guest bluhound
Anyone tried Noreve cases before ?

http://www.noreve.com/langue/en/product/Ho..._Tradition.html

Wonder if Vaja has any plan to make a case for the omnia II.. Vaja cases seem nice and sleek ..

Noreve is sleek. Had a Noreve for my Kindle. Fits perfectly and really makes it look classy professional. Price is an ouch though. On site, it says 39.99 Euros but by registering and setting your country of origin removes the government tax which makes it around 34 Euros. Check out the online reviews. All of them highly recommended Noreve.

Now I am using a generic case bought from a HK store on eBay. White flip casing. Looks quite nice but does not fit it really well so gonna save up now to get one for my O2.. :)

As for Vaja, I sent an email on Sept. This is their reply:-

fromcleardot.gif-blanked [email protected]cleardot.gifSent at 8:50 PM (GMT-03:00). Current time there: 9:20 AM. ✆tocleardot.gif------------------------------blanked out-----------

datecleardot.gifMon, Sep 28, 2009 at 8:50 PMsubjectcleardot.gifRe: VAJA:Message received from -blanked [email protected]cleardot.gifvajacases.com

Hi,

We have not decided if we will be developing a case for that device yet. Anyway, if we make up our mind to finally release it, we will let you know by e-mail.

We really appreciate your interest in our cases!

Best regards,

Maria Cecilia

García Querol

Customer Care Department

www.vajachoice.com

Till now they have not sent me an e-mail regarding the release for Omnia II... sad...

Edited by bluhound

Guest mattb777
I went a different direction to protect my I8000. I purchased the full-body invisibleSHIELD from ZAGG.com (they now have an I8000 version available). I must say that this protection is quite amazing. It does not hamper the use of the phone (actually makes it a little less slippery). I tried to scratch the protected phone on the back side to find out if their claims are actually true. They are! So now my phone is protected from scratches all the time and I never use the ugly Samsung cover that came with the phone.

personally, i don't use a case for my i8000 - i find a screen protector is enough if you just have the phone in your pocket. but if i were to purchase some greater protection i would definitely get the ZAGG invisibleshield, just saw it today, looks awesome!

Guest unholygid2006

are the casings u guys recommended prone to be oily? i really hope samsung will provide a better hp casing rather then the cheap plastic feel wif our current o2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CrazyDr

I orderd from ADVERTISING SPAM Customer Services my Silicone Case for Samsung i8000 Omnia II (Black) at 1 November.

Now is 1.12.2009 and I still have not received it.

I ask them where it is and they don´t know it.

The answer was "Hi, As advised by HK Post, in view of the close proximity to Christmas, the outbound airmail volume increase. Moreover, there has been a significant increase in the general demand for air cargo space but supply of air cargo space is very stringent. This has caused delays to some of our outbound mails. If you not receive your order after the mid of Dec, please feedback to enquiry@ADVERTISING SPAM.com."

Be carefully by ordering from ADVERTISING SPAM Customer Services!!!

Hello i´m using the attached link below and it fits perfectly and quality

http://shop.brando.com/samsung-i8000-omnia...5c0304d004.html

gree

greetings

+1

Although it is not the perfect since only back and sides are covered and you still can scratch top and around keys, this is the best I have come up.

And I tried really many cases and solution.

Ever since I have touch phones ( This one is the third ) I use Brando hard case and Brando protector.

My wife prefers for all her phones Krussell cases like this: http://www.krusell.se/product/3792

But since I have the phone in the pocket and not in the purse it is kind of big for me.

Im very interested in the INVISIBLE SHIELD. But I had some problems with other screen Protectors, like reflecting sunlight, so that you can´t read anything on the display anymore. Did you notice any difference in the sensitivity of the touchscreen? It would be very nice, if anyone could poste a short review about that.  

Regards, Tobi

Guest baywatcherubi

hello! CrazyDr can you please tell how ended your order with ADVERTISING SPAM silicon case! i'm interested in that case also.

Thanks in advance

Guest toppwill

Hey man, I look at these but wondered about the ease of getting the back off the phone in case I need to - am i right in thinking one has to remove the whole invisisheild to do that. i worried about that but have actually not had to take back off since adding sd card and have not yet had to do hard reset (touch wood!)

thanks