Mobile Tracker Password Reset

Guest willowmodaco

Guest willowmodaco

Hi, has anyone tried to reset the password for mobile tracker?

I bought a 2nd hand phone and the mobile tracker has been configured with a password.

The former owner did not know the password. (He gave me the necessary documents including the warranty card to prove that he was the owner).

I have sent the device to the service center, even with software upgrade the password is still there. The service technician is unable to reset the password and even after hard resetting few times. The case has been escalated. Now I am using a brute force approach to test the combinations one by one from 0000 to 9999. Any advice to do it faster?

Also, I realised that after activating AGIS NavFone, even after upgrading the firmware or hard reset, the information is still hidden somewhere and I need not activate again. It seems that there is some hidden memory area to store the activation information of NavFone as well as the mobile tracker password.

Edited by willowmodaco

Guest silencer22
Hi, has anyone tried to reset the password for mobile tracker?

I bought a 2nd hand phone and the mobile tracker has been configured with a password.

The former owner did not know the password. (He gave me the necessary documents including the warranty card to prove that he was the owner).

I have sent the device to the service center, even with software upgrade the password is still there. The service technician is unable to reset the password and even after hard resetting few times. The case has been escalated. Now I am using a brute force approach to test the combinations one by one from 0000 to 9999. Any advice to do it faster?

Also, I realised that after activating AGIS NavFone, even after upgrading the firmware or hard reset, the information is still hidden somewhere and I need not activate again. It seems that there is some hidden memory area to store the activation information of NavFone as well as the mobile tracker password.

no, the mobile tracker cant b reset by hard reset or software upgrade

it's quite hard for u to trace the first owner isn't it? the warranty card and receipt doesn't show who's the buyer

if the mobile tracker is not configured, upon launch, it will ask u to enter pin number... only 4 digits-pin could b accepted...

if the mobile tracker has been configured, upon launch, it will show a menu

Guest willowmodaco
no, the mobile tracker cant b reset by hard reset or software upgrade

it's quite hard for u to trace the first owner isn't it? the warranty card and receipt doesn't show who's the buyer

if the mobile tracker is not configured, upon launch, it will ask u to enter pin number... only 4 digits-pin could b accepted...

if the mobile tracker has been configured, upon launch, it will show a menu

The mobile tracker has been configured, and locked with a password. I can't see the menu unless I key in the correct password.

Guest silencer22
The mobile tracker has been configured, and locked with a password. I can't see the menu unless I key in the correct password.

just to clarify,

wat u see when u go to Basic settings > Security > Mobile Tracker?

do u see Configuration n Change Password option

or a password prompt?

the former means its has been configured b4

the latter means it has not been configured.

Guest willowmodaco
just to clarify,

wat u see when u go to Basic settings > Security > Mobile Tracker?

do u see Configuration n Change Password option

or a password prompt?

the former means its has been configured b4

the latter means it has not been configured.

Start>Settings>Security>Mobile Tracker

I see 2 screens, configuration and change password.

When I choose configuration, it prompts me for a password, whatever I typed it says incorrect password.

When I choose change password, it prompts me for current password, new password and confirm new password. It gives a warning of current password mismatched when I typed in anything for any field.