I have to complain...

Guest melmobile

Guest melmobile

been using it for almost two months, phoen started off fresh when it was new, very fast, no lags or whatsoever...

last week, it began to slow down. opera began to freeze, i have to turn off phone and turn it back on in order to get the main screen.

not being able to keep on using "AUTO" in band selection, (i live in the US), when it switches band, the call drops, and phone will jump into PHONE OFF mode (flight mode). which means, no interne usage while u are on the phone.

no choice there, im in the U.S., so im ok with chosing 850/1900 in band selection with edge, so it doesnt give me the drop calls problem.

but the lag is just killing me. it was fast, but then it is getting slower, slower...

sidenote: i have only install chinese font, google map, and microsoft voicecommand, no other programs.

Guest Albertri

so far mine dont have that erratic problems had my phone since it was newly release in Singapore. did you have many apps installed your RAM/ROM free space maybe maxing out.

I am using touchwiz and PointUI (pointsense skin/theme)

Guest silencer22
been using it for almost two months, phoen started off fresh when it was new, very fast, no lags or whatsoever...

last week, it began to slow down. opera began to freeze, i have to turn off phone and turn it back on in order to get the main screen.

not being able to keep on using "AUTO" in band selection, (i live in the US), when it switches band, the call drops, and phone will jump into PHONE OFF mode (flight mode). which means, no interne usage while u are on the phone.

no choice there, im in the U.S., so im ok with chosing 850/1900 in band selection with edge, so it doesnt give me the drop calls problem.

but the lag is just killing me. it was fast, but then it is getting slower, slower...

sidenote: i have only install chinese font, google map, and microsoft voicecommand, no other programs.

u might wan to check if the fone by default comes with chinese font

the few regions where the fone is released in all come with chinese font preinstalled.

Guest melmobile

thank you everyone,

i do not have a lot of app installed, cause i mainly use opera for going online and check stock quote. other than that, its regular usage of phone service.

maybe i have to try disable wiget. thanks

The O2 has just launched in Thailand so yesterday I went to Samsung showroom in Thailand and I tried the O2 show device but unfortunately there was a lot of lag....I was very disappointed as I was eagerly waiting for it. :)

Melmobile, did you disable the touchwiz UI and do you find any improvement to O2...?

Guest tacchan23
The O2 has just launched in Thailand so yesterday I went to Samsung showroom in Thailand and I tried the O2 show device but unfortunately there was a lot of lag....I was very disappointed as I was eagerly waiting for it. :)

Melmobile, did you disable the touchwiz UI and do you find any improvement to O2...?

I'm living in Bangkok at the moment and I bought my Omnia2 here.

People with newer firmwares are reporting no lag even with TouchWiz enabled.

My personal experience, with a older firmware, is that TouchWiz and WidgetPlus do LAG a lot; BUT after disabling them and using SPB Mobile Sheel there is NO lag at all.

I'm living in Bangkok at the moment and I bought my Omnia2 here.

People with newer firmwares are reporting no lag even with TouchWiz enabled.

My personal experience, with a older firmware, is that TouchWiz and WidgetPlus do LAG a lot; BUT after disabling them and using SPB Mobile Sheel there is NO lag at all.

Thank you Tacchan23 ....After my experience yesterday I started leaning toward HTC Diamond2 but from your experience I concluded the lagging problem is due to touchwiz which I don't like anyway and not hardware....hope touchflo3d will be ported to OmniaII.

would you please inform me how much you paid for Omnia II ?

Guest melmobile

ya, i tried both disabling and able the touch UI thing, same... lag... maybe i will have to update new firmware which i dont know how to do. not an expert of WM phone..

when i have the time, i will try to learn doing it