M2D for WVGA Screen: Try to see if it's working with i8000

Guest daskalos

I'm not an i8000 user, I use Acer M900.

But since we share the same resolution and our processors seems like "two brothers", I would like to share a guide on how to install M2D WVGA.

The guide was made for M900,F900,X960 I'm not sure if it will work on i8000, but i find no reason why it will not work on i800 too...

For those who wanna try M2D just follow my guide in

http://www.4winmobile.com/forums/e-ten-ace...html#post237210

Some Screen Shots

20091005_030336_0000_111g.jpg20091005_030431_0002_111g.jpg

20091005_030458_0003_111g.jpg20091005_123216_0004_111g.jpg

Edited by daskalos

Guest Ganhiru

I finaly managed to download the Rar, rapidshare constantly told me my download timed out. Must have some thing to do with being at work. But I worked it out. 15 minutes left on the dl :)

Guest Ganhiru

Hi SergentMT,

It Works, to an extend, I'm not seeing anny text. not even the Soft Buttons On the bottom.

The Music, Photo albums, Googlemaps, and shortcuts dont work :)

The Contacts and SMS and Email parts Work like they are suposed to. Only no Active Sync mail on the mail part.

So I guess its 30% Functional.

I might have done something wrong, I don't know. So I hope that other ppl wil test if it will work.

Im going to hard reset my Device now. When you need Some thing tested, i'll try to be of service.

Guest daskalos

Hmmm that's strange...

Have you manage to run it WVGA (without screen gaps?)

As the moment I have fixed Audio Manager to be WVGA in portrait

Photo album works, HTC Album is now WVGA both Landscape and Portrait

Google Maps is WVGA already

Have you downloaded the new HTCHomeSettings.xml?

Can you post a screen shot of your device before hard resetting?

The cabs were made with not much HTC-device dependency

so it will work in non-HTC devices

As of now the version works with Eten devices, Acer M900, and Toshiba G900

Edited by daskalos

Guest Ganhiru

Yes. No Gaps, the "scroll'Bar was on the bottom of the screen.

Yes, i downloaded the HTCHomeSettings.xml

No it is tolate for that. But I'm going to try again tonight. Perhaps it was one of the modifications I made myself that caused the problem.

You say Eten Devices. like the Eten x500+ ( vga ). Hmm. I might try it on that device to, to see if there are diffrences.

Guest daskalos

Yes. No Gaps, the "scroll'Bar was on the bottom of the screen.

Yes, i downloaded the HTCHomeSettings.xml

No it is tolate for that. But I'm going to try again tonight. Perhaps it was one of the modifications I made myself that caused the problem.

You say Eten Devices. like the Eten x500+ ( vga ). Hmm. I might try it on that device to, to see if there are diffrences.

:)

If wanna try this with a VGA device, do steps 1-5 and jump to step 11

Guest SergentMT

Ah okay

sad it doesn't work completely :P I might give it a try later, but for now I think I'll stick with MS3.5 and wait for the 6.5 upgrade, though I really like Touchflo.. :D

but thanks for trying, and I will follow this topic, if there should come a solution/enhancements :)

Edited by SergentMT

Guest daskalos

Maybe it's conflicting with other Omnia II programs...

Could anyone try this on Omnia II with Lite ROM (pure WM 6.1 without stock apps)

Maybe it will work this way, :)

Guest wiggy6230

Hello all,

So happy to see this guide, have followed it to the letter and all works fine on my I8000 apart from when I scroll between screens the back ground doesnt change it continues to display the previous screen.

Any help on this would be great.

Cheers,

Wiggy

Edited by wiggy6230

Guest daskalos
Hello all,

So happy to see this guide, have followed it to the letter and all works fine on my I8000 apart from when I scroll between screens the back ground doesnt change it continues to display the previous screen.

Any help on this would be great.

Cheers,

Wiggy

Glad it worked on the I8000...

Do you mean the previous background seems to "blend" with the newly scrolled widget? Can you post a screen shot?

If the "blending" is the case, it is caused by the background file is still in VGA, just download the attached file,extract, turn off Manila 2D, put the 2 files in \Windows\ManilaGFX (it will overwrite the original file, it's ok )

Background_fix.rar

Edited by daskalos

Guest wiggy6230

Thanks for the modified images, but I still have the problem, after playing around Ive found it only happens when I change the back grounds from VGA to WVGA.

post-440402-1255158869_thumb.png post-440402-1255158882_thumb.png post-440402-1255158892_thumb.png post-440402-1255158903_thumb.png post-440402-1255158913_thumb.png

It runs nice and smooth just cant seem to work out why the back grounds are not working porperly.

Cheers,

Wiggy

Guest daskalos

Hmmm that is strange...

Ganhiru reported that some widgets don't work (like Music, Photo albums, Googlemaps, and shortcuts)

but he didn't have the background issue.

And now you have all working widgets but with the background issue...

Can you try this:

1. Turn off M2D

2. go to \Windows, find HTCHomeSettings.dll and HTCHomeSettings.xml

3. Delete those files

4. Download and extract attached files, then place HTCHomeSettings.xml to \windows

5. Launch M2D

XML.rar

Guest wiggy6230

Hello,

Just tried, and no luck, gonna hard reset and reinstall.

Will report back soon.

Wiggy

Back again have hard reset my I8000, and followed all the steps and still have the same problem with the back ground as before but now the Photos and Videos gives a problem as does audia.

Going to give up on Manila for now untill there is a stable version that works nice on I8000.

Cheers,

Keep up the good work.

Wiggy

Edited by wiggy6230

Guest Albertri

So far everything looks ok using WM6.5 but my problem is the background still looks VGA tried the background fix still the same tried changing the wallpaper/background but the HTCApps crashes

post-575231-1255175470_thumb.jpg

Guest daskalos
So far everything looks ok using WM6.5 but my problem is the background still looks VGA tried the background fix still the same tried changing the wallpaper/background but the HTCApps crashes

Hmmm now it's getting really strange...

Ganhiru reported that some widgets don't work (like Music, Photo albums, Googlemaps, and shortcuts)

but he didn't have the background issue.

Wiggy reported that he got all widgets working but with the background issue...

And now on your 6.5 ROM, all wigets worked, there's no background "blending" issue, but you can't seem to change the VGA background...

If you notice Wiggy's screen shots, the background is in WVGA, It can be done by replacing hh_fw_background.png and hh_fw_focus_background.png with a 480x700 equivalent (with the same file name of course)...

You could try first disabling M2D, manually deleting HTCHomeSettings.xml, HTCHomeSettings.dll,hh_fw_background.png and hh_fw_focus_background.png and replacing them with the same files attached within this thread then relaunching M2D... If that doesn't work try creating your own background in .png format at 480x800 size, then name it hh_fw_background and another one hh_fw_focus_background. Transfer those files to \Windows\ManilaGFX. (Not \Windows as I stated earlier)

Edited by daskalos

Guest daskalos

:)I was wrong.....My bad

You must place the .png's (hh_fw_background.png and hh_fw_focus_background.png) in \Windows\ManilaGFX not in \Windows

That's why the background does not show up in WVGA

Sorry for the error

To Albertri could you try this? Thanks

Edited by daskalos

Guest Albertri
:) I was wrong.....My bad

You must place the .png's (hh_fw_background.png and hh_fw_focus_background.png) in \Windows\ManilaGFX not in \Windows

That's why the background does not show up in WVGA

Sorry for the error

To Albertri could you try this? Thanks

tks my background was fixed but i am having the blending problem hehehe anyways will try again. atleast we are seeing manila 2d running although not yet 100% in O2 is a good start!

Guest Ganhiru

Hi, I Tried installing M2D again. Followed all your steps, and got the blenging issue to, tried Fix, no joy. Plus The Softbuttons are not visible.

Opera starts like it should. Email and SMS Works to.

Adding contacts to contacts list is a breeze, and the main screen display's agenda points.

Ow, and my start menu won't open annymore :S dont know if that is related though.

I'm using Secanies Rom i8000NXIJ1 now.

hope this helps. ( as your getting consitant results now )

P.S. i noticed that at point 12

12. On folder 4 there are 3 cabs, install all except PsiDOC_Wifi_all

There are only 3 cabs total including de PsiDoc

Edited by Ganhiru

Guest daskalos
Hi, I Tried installing M2D again. Followed all your steps, and got the blenging issue to, tried Fix, no joy. Plus The Softbuttons are not visible.

Opera starts like it should. Email and SMS Works to.

Adding contacts to contacts list is a breeze, and the main screen display's agenda points.

Ow, and my start menu won't open annymore :S dont know if that is related though.

I'm using Secanies Rom i8000NXIJ1 now.

hope this helps. ( as your getting consitant results now )

P.S. i noticed that at point 12

12. On folder 4 there are 3 cabs, install all except PsiDOC_Wifi_all

There are only 3 cabs total including de PsiDoc

Yup there are 3 cabs in that folder...what I mean was install the 2 cabs except PsiDoc... :)

As you can see with other screen shots of those who tested, all widgets worked (start menu and soft keys too...)

Wiggy is using a 3.5 rom, don't know bout Albertri... But they both came up with a working M2D, but there's this mysterious blending issue...

Albertri mentioned that when the background was still in vga (480x640), the blending did not occur (a bit blending is seen on the lower part -480x160- because it's a "blank" space)...the background fix was in 480x800... I tried to forcefully "induced" the "blending" by deleting the background files, and the absence of the files did make the blending effect in my M900...

So my theory is, if you could resize the fix to 480x700 (which is the exact size of the window) or try experimenting to anything lower than 480x700 (based on the fact that 640x480 worked without the "blending") maybe it can fix the blending issue...

Thanks for the patience in trying to make this work

Edited by daskalos

Guest alvinkh

hmm.. got a noob question.. will m2d have conflicts wif program like spb mobile shell or iphonetoday ? or all can be installed together?

Edited by alvinkh

• 2 weeks later...