WM6.5 update Dutch

Guest gertitombo
Yes i have 6.5!!!

Windows Vista 32bitt windows Firewall OFF...

Offtopic...

Hoe krijg ik de interface van WM 6.5.. Want ik heb nog steeds de touch-wizz UI ook al staat deze uit...

Ligt dit aan mij?

Check the post almost at the top how to remove samsung touchwizz.

Het is een register sleutel aanpassing.

Translate:

Controleer het bericht "how to remove samsung touchwizz" dat bijna bovenaan staat.

Het is een reg key aanpassen.

Check the post almost at the top how to remove samsung touchwizz.

Het is een register sleutel aanpassing.

Translate:

Controleer het bericht "how to remove samsung touchwizz" dat bijna bovenaan staat.

Het is een reg key aanpassen.

Ok but Touch-wizz UI OFF.

Than homescreen... than Windows icon left up and you have 6.5...

But the mediaplayer isnt WM6.5 :)

My GPS dont works :)

I use Sygic...

But no Fix :D

Edit...

I wait 15minutes and i have the fix...

I think you must always wait the first time long.

Edited by DDmen

Guest bartveld

Yeah, 6.5 works on my Omnia2. Changed language to English later on, no problem. But I must say I don't notice much difference (I don't use TouchWiz). Still very limited functionality for the accelerometer (still NOT working in notes, SMS, email), still the hidden Change Orientation option, which you must make visible with a registry hack. Changes are mostly cosmetic. And they've added two nice games. But I've really had it with Samsung, treating their users as children. The moment the HD2 is available, I'm gone.

Guest vitozappa
Yeah, 6.5 works on my Omnia2. Changed language to English later on, no problem. But I must say I don't notice much difference (I don't use TouchWiz). Still very limited functionality for the accelerometer (still NOT working in notes, SMS, email), still the hidden Change Orientation option, which you must make visible with a registry hack. Changes are mostly cosmetic. And they've added two nice games. But I've really had it with Samsung, treating their users as children. The moment the HD2 is available, I'm gone.

where did you get this duch upgrade from?

Guest bleeeeh
Yes i have 6.5!!!

Windows Vista 32bitt windows Firewall OFF...

I also got "NPSWMBinaryUpgrade is not responsing" but i'm already running vista 32bit with the firewall off.. :)

How did you get it going? :s

Guest zhvihti

Beware, with this version I get all my music in funky Chinese, tried formatting my storage, updating the player (to show 0 files) reloading music, updating multiple times, no luck. Any ideas would be appreciated. Otherwise I am flashing Secany's ROM as this is critical for me.

post-583152-1255205407_thumb.png

Edit: Found the issue - the player disregards the BOM mark (little/big endian) at the start of ID3 fields and always uses LE. My collection however is all tagged in BE, in line with id3v2.3. Strange that MS/Sammy decided to change that for WM 6.5.

Edited by zhvihti

Guest zhvihti

And quite frequent crashes of something called CHomeManager.exe (doesn't seem to affect any functionality though). Overall while smooth, I think this ROM sucks.

post-583152-1255205734_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...

Last week I installed the Dutch 6.5 update, switched to English and installed yesterday PHM Pocket PC PowerToys. But now my signal is gone even after resetting the phone or clearing the memory or removing the application.<br />

I only have a signal when I am outside my house (while had normally a good signal at home)

Is there someone who knows a solution?

Edited by dltrek

Guest fifd2005
Last week I installed the Dutch 6.5 update, switched to English and installed yesterday PHM Pocket PC PowerToys. But now my signal is gone even after resetting the phone or clearing the memory or removing the application.<br />

I only have a signal when I am outside my house (while had normally a good signal at home)

Is there someone who knows a solution?

Did you use soft reset button behind the phone under the cover.

If you pressed antenna instead of reset button, that situations happens

Guest onderduiker
The Phone is recognised as GT-I8000 (000-0000-0000) I think those zero's should be normal numbers???

What was the 6.1 Rom the succesfull 6.5 Flashers Had???

Does anyone have an answer on this questions ?

I tried to go to the official dutch version with New PC studio. But from my version (Secany) it is not possible and have the same thing as above (the zero's as phone recognizing).

Think we have to downgrade first to the original NL 6.1, but how ?