[WM6.5 Omnia 2] How to enable the default windows mobile SETTINGS menu?

Guest emperorben

Guest Yury_A

The problem with the Settings menu as well as the other strange customizations in the Samsung's ROM make me think that Samsung's software developers and their PM are at least little bit retarded. For the love of god I cannot imagine who would approve such strange UI design.

Back to the topic...I'm looking for a way to access the Settings also.

Guest lhahehal
Seems to be a LOCKED ROM, from a operator... symply as that IMO. :)

sorry for being blur.. when you mean locked rom.. means cant use default wm displays ?

Guest Yury_A
sorry for being blur.. when you mean locked rom.. means cant use default wm displays ?

I think we can. It's just with this ROM the Samsung geniuses decided to give 110% in masking the native WinMo UI with their stupid customization.

I'm sure there should be an .exe or .cpl file under \Windows which opens the Settings panel. I just haven't figured out which one.

Guest hiperjp

I think so, It's like another locked phone you can bought from an operator, that come whith blocked areas in software, but the difference it's really not locked in the free-operator-use sense.

Guest lhahehal
I think so, It's like another locked phone you can bought from an operator, that come whith blocked areas in software, but the difference it's really not locked in the free-operator-use sense.

thanks for clearing my doubts..

Guest emperorben

Thanks rodrigofd! Your solution works!

I paste your solution here for others:

SHOW WINDOWS SETTINGS IN START MENU (credit to rodrigofd)

Open any registry editor, go to path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\

Value 'HideSettings' Set to '0'.. and soft-reset... Voila!