[WM6.5 Omnia 2] Solved!: How to enable new panels to the new WM6.5 plugin screen (Titanium)?

Guest emperorben

Guest forelli
Me neither. Using IJ3 ROM. I'll think I will wait for forelli's cab and give it a shot.

Hi guys, I'm at work. I wasn't online yesterday evening (real life obligations). Here are some links to most of the cabs mentioned in my post. I'll cross-check toniight and upload what is not here.

I didn't bother about the resolution, I have some panels from Omnia I still working (CDigiclock and Settings for example) and some I use on my HTC Touch HD (WVGA too).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=511052 It's a list of titanium plugins.

Attached is the Mortscript version I currently use.

CComm manager v.032: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=513747

Once you install Titanium weather AND before you configure it, please replace this file (Titaniumweather.mscr) in Program Files>Titanium Weather and overwrite the existing file when prompted.

And for all the frustrated of WM 6.5.1, here a lockscreen with the slider at the bottom from grzegorz10's (from xda) famous DUSK theme ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=530981 )

That's all for now, got to go back to work.

Please feel free to report and comment, we need to get it work for EVERYBODY!

Have fun and see you later

MortScript_4.3b10_PPC.cab

Dusk_6.5_Lockscreen_v3.0.CAB

Showaco_TitaniumWeather_v4.2.cab

TitaniumWeather.zip

Edited by forelli

i've tried just installing CCom but failed miserably... if anyone managed to get those plugins panels in their titanium, pls report!!

Edited by Rastas

Guest pdablur

Tried forelli method, weather panel still missing.

only Spanels & Cphoto appeared on screen as per original but titaniumweather plugin does shown on chome editor.

thks

Guest sys_error
@sys_error

nice taskbar... btw can u share it? also what version of WM 6.5 do you running on?

m6 Taskbar WM6.5 Color V11c WinSq - go search xda forum.

using Secany's I8000NXXIJ1.

Guest sys_error

Tried forelli method... the titaniumweather plugin does shown on chome editor and from registry it is showing weather update just fine too but panel is missing from screen.

@forelli, could you pls share your CHome settings in registry for your Omnia2, i would love to see which CPR file (SPlugins/Titanium) your CHome is pointing to.

Guest forelli
Tried forelli method... the titaniumweather plugin does shown on chome editor and from registry it is showing weather update just fine too but panel is missing from screen.

@forelli, could you pls share your CHome settings in registry for your Omnia2, i would love to see which CPR file (SPlugins/Titanium) your CHome is pointing to.

will post screenshots of my registry later today. I forgot to give my phone's details: OS 5.2.21856 (Build 21856.5.0.65).

PDA: I8000NXXII9

CSC: I8000MOBII9 (stock, from Mobilkom Austria)

PHONE: I8000XXII6

Nothing modified, only a few registry hacks (as seen in the Tips and faqs thread).

Here they are

post-502551-1255602400_thumb.png

post-502551-1255602410_thumb.png

Edited by forelli

Guest croftophile

Hello,

I had the same issue on my (french) WM 6.5 official ROM. I tried several tips, checked/unchecked.... plugins didn't want to show.

Until I try this package : ibrythill WM 7 Titanium Project (version 6.9 beta) and everything works !!!

As I'm not a professional, I couldn't mix "S" (Samsung) and "C" (classical) plugins. But I think this is only time question before having a solution.

btw, you can download the package here :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=504716

Edited by croftophile

Guest forelli
Hello,

I had the same issue on my (french) WM 6.5 official ROM. I tried several tips, checked/unchecked.... plugins didn't want to show.

Until I try this package : ibrythill WM 7 Titanium Project (version 6.9 beta) and everything works !!!

As I'm not a professional, I couldn't mix "S" (Samsung) and "C" (classical) plugins. But I think this is only time question before having a solution.

btw, you can download the package here :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=504716

Nice one! For those who still cannot install plugins, I would advise a hard-reset, and then installing everything again (it's a pain, I know) and installing the clock, whichever you choose, after all plugins. If someone wants to try and let us know, we may have find a workaround for those "invisible but present" panels. Otherwise, install a theme (most of theme have mortscript already in the theme hence the panels appear when you install the theme). This mortscript issue have been raised in the i900 forum, and both Sector and Blazzingwolf pointed me this mortscript mandatory installation prior to the panels).

forelli

Guest forelli
My question is not directly related to this problem, but... Will it be possible to download plugins throughMarketPlace ?

Very good question. As far as I know, "custom" plugin are made by independant developpers like Showaco, AT, JukeBox to name a few. It's possible that they'll be available through Marketplace if they make an agreement with MS, with or without money counterpart, or if they submit it as Application. In the later case, I guess these plugins will be new as the ones we already know are so well widespread that anybody googling them will find them for free, and most of them are listed at xda-developpers, where most of them arose.

Guest croftophile

I was meaning of something less dependant from MortScript... And without any need of certified SDKs... Weather & Fave contacts ; even Favorites Apps would be great.

Before my i8000, I got a Trinity and those plugins worked very well. So I think this could be related to something specific with Samsung customizations...

Guest forelli
I was meaning of something less dependant from MortScript... And without any need of certified SDKs... Weather & Fave contacts ; even Favorites Apps would be great.

Before my i8000, I got a Trinity and those plugins worked very well. So I think this could be related to something specific with Samsung customizations...

I don't think it's samsung related. I have installed them on the Omnia I, HTC Touch HD and Omnia II without any problem. The Omnia I is sold, but they still do work on the Blackstone because I regularly flash it and re-install all the plugins afterwards. As for Omnia II, I haven't flashed it yet, waiting for a WM 6.5.1 rom before I bother flashing it. Regarding Mortscript, it's not mandatory for all of them, as far as I know, you need it for some plugins only: CComm, CDigiclock, AT Favcontacts. You don't need it for Settings for default wm 6.5, CHome (Notifications panel), Calendar etc...

Don't ask me why, I'm no developper. I guess a rom cooker can answer this.

Guest croftophile

I don't think at flashing yet (Omnia 2 is just a few days old in my hands...) and I don't know whether Samsung is reactive at offering updates. Good idea to wait for 6.5.1.... :)

Guest sys_error
will post screenshots of my registry later today. I forgot to give my phone's details: OS 5.2.21856 (Build 21856.5.0.65).

PDA: I8000NXXII9

CSC: I8000MOBII9 (stock, from Mobilkom Austria)

PHONE: I8000XXII6

Nothing modified, only a few registry hacks (as seen in the Tips and faqs thread).

Here they are

@forelli...

No wonder your TitaniumWeather panel can be displayed on your Omnia2, your CPRFile is pointing to Titanium and you should have already removed all the Samsung modified panels from your CHome. If that 2 screen shots is not Omnia2, then it must be from your Touch HD.

My Omnia2 is charging now, got to wait till tomorrow morning to post screen shots of my CHome registry settings.

Edited by sys_error

Guest forelli

funny enough, i tried to activate all the Spanels and guess what: i can't see any of them! i'm on my Omnia 2 now, when i get home i'll look into. i deactivated the ss ui... let's see...