[WM6.5 Omnia 2] Solved!: How to enable new panels to the new WM6.5 plugin screen (Titanium)?

Guest emperorben

Guest forelli
@forelli...

No wonder your TitaniumWeather panel can be displayed on your Omnia2, your CPRFile is pointing to Titanium and you should have already removed all the Samsung modified panels from your CHome. If that 2 screen shots is not Omnia2, then it must be from your Touch HD.

My Omnia2 is charging now, got to wait till tomorrow morning to post screen shots of my CHome registry settings.

This has nothing to do with me, but with my Phone provider! I've not tweaked the Chome registry. As I mentionned earlier, I still have the stock rom, so I guess they got rid of all the SS stuff, although the only branded settings are in Opera: the start page is the one of A1 (Mobilkom Austria), and thus i have access to my packages, namely unlimited TV access to some local channels (I can't even think of missing a single episode of Desperate Housewives, nor of Heroes, believe it or not).

Touchwiz is disabled on my phone, but i still have the black skinning of emails, sms and so on. If some other screenshots of my Omnia 2 are required, I will provide them upon request.

There might be a program that blocks the normal functions of mortscript in some CSCs, or maybe it's because of the upgrade, because I had my phone with wm 6.5 the day Omnia 2 was on the market here (october 6th), it didn't come at all with 6.1. My rom details are on the previous page.

The screenshots are from Omnia 2, not from Touch HD. AMOLED my friend, AMOLED.

Edited by forelli

Guest monyozt
will post screenshots of my registry later today. I forgot to give my phone's details: OS 5.2.21856 (Build 21856.5.0.65).

PDA: I8000NXXII9

CSC: I8000MOBII9 (stock, from Mobilkom Austria)

PHONE: I8000XXII6

Nothing modified, only a few registry hacks (as seen in the Tips and faqs thread).

Here they are

what is location path of its registry?

Guest sys_error
This has nothing to do with me, but with my Phone provider! I've not tweaked the Chome registry. As I mentionned earlier, I still have the stock rom, so I guess they got rid of all the SS stuff, although the only branded settings are in Opera: the start page is the one of A1 (Mobilkom Austria), and thus i have access to my packages, namely unlimited TV access to some local channels (I can't even think of missing a single episode of Desperate Housewives, nor of Heroes, believe it or not).

Touchwiz is disabled on my phone, but i still have the black skinning of emails, sms and so on. If some other screenshots of my Omnia 2 are required, I will provide them upon request.

There might be a program that blocks the normal functions of mortscript in some CSCs, or maybe it's because of the upgrade, because I had my phone with wm 6.5 the day Omnia 2 was on the market here (october 6th), it didn't come at all with 6.1. My rom details are on the previous page.

The screenshots are from Omnia 2, not from Touch HD. AMOLED my friend, AMOLED.

@forelli...

you can compare my Omnia2 CHome registry with yours, not hard to see that CPRFile is pointing to different paths in \Windows. your CPRFile is pointing to Titanium which the script for TitaniumWeather is residing, our CPRFile is pointing to SPlugins which is missing the script part of TitaniumWeather.

& that is why our bro (pdablur) can succeed by copy & paste the script part of TitaniumWeather from Titanium_480X800.cpr into SPlugins_480X800.cpr.

chomeregsettings.jpg

Guest sys_error
Hi manage to get weather panel on.

install as normal and then edit/copy the titanium.cpr part of weather script onto SPlugins.cpr.

hope it helps. :)

Let me get these correct.

1) Disable Windows Default in Today

2) Install Showaco_TitaniumWeather_v4.2 from bro forelli's cab

3) Patch TitaniumWeather.mscr with the mscr file from bro forelli's TitaniumWeather.zip

4) Copy & Paste the text from SPlugins_480x800.cpr.txt into the SPlugins_480X800.CPR in \Windows (pls rmb to disable READ-ONLY attribute & re-enable when you done copy & paste)

5) Run TitaniumWeather Options from Start > Utilities. Change Weather unit if needed to, enter location code, then click on Save/Exit and select Exit and run full update (1st time).

6) Soft reset your Omnia2 and enable Windows Default in Today to enjoy!

LOCATION CODE:

ASI|SG|SN---|SINGAPORE

EDITED TO ADD screen shots.

twnwlinspluginscpr.jpg

Edited by sys_error

Guest jimmyhi
To all of you people who have problems with panels not appearing: you forgot to install a very important component not all the time mentioned.

PLEASE, DISABLE TITANIUM BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING!

1. Uninstall all the panels you added (actually, I would do a hard reset because some like Cdigiclock won't be uninstalled).

2. Download and install Mortscript 4.2 or 4.3 (it doesn't make any difference).

3. Install your panels AND configure them straight away: Don't restart your device before ALL panels have been set up!

4. If you're to install a clock, disable Cclock from within the Chome editor or Titanium customizer first! Otherwise it will conflict with Cclock and your clock (rpereira CAnalogclock, CDigiclock or JML clock won't appear also it's installed and supposed to be there).

5. Check all your panels and verify that the setup for all panels is completed.

Now you can restart your device and enjoy your panels.

Working on my Omnia 2 without any modification:

Titaniumweather, CDigiclock, rpereira CAnalog clock0.6.3b, CHome (Notifications), CComm v0.32manager, AT Fave contacts (or fave people), Showaco CHome editor v1.6b, COffice, Cfacebook, CLauncher, CVolume and settings for default WM 6.5 theme.

Have fun!

p.s: I can provide the cabs for all of the above panels when I'll be at home (around 19.30 CEST).

please hlep me.

how to disable titanium???

Guest emperorben

Thanks to the tips by sys_error & forelli, I think I identified the reason why newly installed customed panels does not appear by default.

It appears that the SPlugins_480X800.CPR is not updated when we install the panels. For example when you install titanium weather panel, the weather panel code is not updated automatically into the CPR file. We have to

i) remove "read-only" properties of the CPR file

ii) Manually use Total Commander to copy & paste the panel code into the CPR file and

iii) enable "read-only" properties of the CPR file

for the panel to finally appear.

I followed the same steps for "fave people" titanium plugin and voila, the panel finally appeared!

The next step would be how to configure so that the SPlugins_480x800.CPR gets updated automatically when we install new panels.

Hope this helps

Edited by emperorben

Guest sys_error
Thanks to the tips by sys_error & forelli, I think I identified the reason why newly installed customed panels does not appear by default.

It appears that the SPlugins_480X800.CPR is not updated when we install the panels. For example when you install titanium weather panel, the weather panel code is not updated automatically into the CPR file. We have to

i) remove "read-only" properties of the CPR file

ii) Manually use Total Commander to copy & paste the panel code into the CPR file and

iii) enable "read-only" properties of the CPR file

for the panel to finally appear.

I followed the same steps for "fave people" titanium plugin and voila, the panel finally appeared!

The next step would be how to configure so that the SPlugins_480x800.CPR gets updated automatically when we install new panels.

Hope this helps

If you are game enough to test it...

1. copy & paste all the Samsung modified "S" script from SPlugins_480X800.cpr to Titanium_480X800.cpr

2. change CPRFile path in registry from SPlugins to Titanium

3. install a CFacebook panel from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=510479 to see if the panel will auto appear

Well I tried your technique and it works to some extent:

Weather Pannel:

1) Will update and give me weather for the current city

2) The icons won't appear, they are still red crosses

So, i went in to Chome editor and found out that the icon url was mystorage\program Files\TitaniumWeather\mystoragespil instead of just spil. And it does that for every icon.

So i tried to manually remap it and it works, i now have one icon that works, but there are like 70more to go so it's a waste of time

Is there a way to fix this???

Other Issue:

If we have to go through that process for all the panels out there we're not going to make it ;p

I had previously installed titanium 7, uninstalled, then installed Sense VGA (from a Modaco User) and there i could add and remove panels soooo easily (Cpanels worked, Spanels didn't though) so there has to be something there...

And I agree we need some way to automate it

Anyhow, awesome work guys, very helpful

Will

Guest sys_error
Well I tried your technique and it works to some extent:

Weather Pannel:

1) Will update and give me weather for the current city

2) The icons won't appear, they are still red crosses

So, i went in to Chome editor and found out that the icon url was mystorage\program Files\TitaniumWeather\mystoragespil instead of just spil. And it does that for every icon.

So i tried to manually remap it and it works, i now have one icon that works, but there are like 70more to go so it's a waste of time

Is there a way to fix this???

Other Issue:

If we have to go through that process for all the panels out there we're not going to make it ;p

I had previously installed titanium 7, uninstalled, then installed Sense VGA (from a Modaco User) and there i could add and remove panels soooo easily (Cpanels worked, Spanels didn't though) so there has to be something there...

And I agree we need some way to automate it

Anyhow, awesome work guys, very helpful

Will

@Will

TitaniumWeather must be install in My Device, not in My Storage or Storage Card. Suggest you uninstall it and reinstall into My Device.

Edited by sys_error

@Will

TitaniumWeather must be install in My Device, not in My Storage or Storage Card. Suggest you uninstall it and reinstall into My Device.

lol well now I feel like a jack*ss hehehe

thx for the tip

I'll still investigate though because something is fishy, I had everything working perfectly, panels easily coming on and off...

Guest emperorben
If you are game enough to test it...

1. copy & paste all the Samsung modified "S" script from SPlugins_480X800.cpr to Titanium_480X800.cpr

2. change CPRFile path in registry from SPlugins to Titanium

3. install a CFacebook panel from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=510479 to see if the panel will auto appear

No go bro.

Did what you mentioned. Copied and paste SPlugin info to Titanium CPR, then disabled Titanium, change the CPRFile to "Titanium"and soft reset my i8000. When I enabled Titanium, the CPRFile defaulted back to SPlugins.

And I am also stuck in adding new panels. Have so far successfully added Titanium Weather & Favourite Contacts. But when I try to add new CPR info into SPlugins_480X800.cpr for newly installed panels, I got a "Buffer Full" error.

Sian......

Guest sys_error

I'll still investigate though because something is fishy, I had everything working perfectly, panels easily coming on and off...

Compare my CHome registry screen shots with forelli's and read my post addressed to forelli, you will understand.

Guest sys_error
No go bro.

Did what you mentioned. Copied and paste SPlugin info to Titanium CPR, then disabled Titanium, change the CPRFile to "Titanium"and soft reset my i8000. When I enabled Titanium, the CPRFile defaulted back to SPlugins.

And I am also stuck in adding new panels. Have so far successfully added Titanium Weather & Favourite Contacts. But when I try to add new CPR info into SPlugins_480X800.cpr for newly installed panels, I got a "Buffer Full" error.

Sian......

mai sian...

the copy & paste thingy, there should be a limit to what we can manually add... actually i am thinking, do we really need those Samsung modified panels? i only find SMusic (link to Touch Player) useful... all the rest can replace with "C" panels.

Guest croftophile

EXCELLENT !

Oh, just a question... Is it possible for you to change the 1st post so that you give link to each plugin and mortscript ? Just because I didn't find the CDigitalClock... :)

Guest monyozt
Thanks sys_error for your help.

Finally managed to configure the SPlugins_480X800.cpr to my liking.

For those interested, my Titanium is now as follows:

1) CDigiClock (Hero-styled clock with appointment display)

2) Titanium notifications (missed call, voice mail, sms, emails)

3) Titanium Weather

4) Favourite Contact (Shortcut to favourite contacts)

5) Schedule (default Samsung Calendar panel)

6) CLaunch (favourite applications panel)

7) Music (default Samsung Music panel)

8) Pictures (default Titanium Pictures panel)

9) Favourites (default Samsung Favourites panel)

The custom panels can be found here.

I attach my SPlugins_480X800.cpr. SPlugins_480x800.zip

You can take it and overwrite the cpr in \Windows folder if you like my configuration or you can edit it from there. Think the maximum file size for the CPR is 65kb. If you add/edit over the maximum file size, the entire Titanium plugin just will not be activated.

can u post your screenshoot of your cherro clock?

Guest forelli
EXCELLENT !

Oh, just a question... Is it possible for you to change the 1st post so that you give link to each plugin and mortscript ? Just because I didn't find the CDigitalClock... :)

To you and to all members: make a panels wishlist and I upload them today around 6 pm because I have them on my phone or at home (I don't have my data cable at the office).

edit: So it will be around 4pm (time of my post is 12.32 and it's 14.32 here).

2nd edit: I won't upload panels which are comprised in the first page link, only panels you can't find there, like CDigiclock. The wishlist is intended to have panels you can't easily find, otherwise I would have to upload my all Titanium cabs folder in here, and it's more than 13 mb big.

Edited by forelli

Guest croftophile
To you and to all members: make a panels wishlist and I upload them today around 6 pm because I have them on my phone or at home (I don't have my data cable at the office).

edit: So it will be around 4pm (time of my post is 12.32 and it's 14.32 here).

My whishlist ? Just what is proposed on 1st post. I think this may be the best page for me for now.