External battery charger.

Guest ahardie

I recently bought a spare battery for my i8000. Now I need an external charger for the spare as it will be much easier to keep them both charged. The only ones I have found are cheap unbranded ones from Hong Kong, link here. Are there any battery experts out there or anyone with any experience of using this type of charger who can tell me if these are likely to be up to the job? The description does say it has a protection circuit to prevent overcharging. The charger looks to be a bargain but it wont be if it significantly reduces the life of my batteries.

Guest willdmo
I recently bought a spare battery for my i8000. Now I need an external charger for the spare as it will be much easier to keep them both charged. The only ones I have found are cheap unbranded ones from Hong Kong, link here. Are there any battery experts out there or anyone with any experience of using this type of charger who can tell me if these are likely to be up to the job? The description does say it has a protection circuit to prevent overcharging. The charger looks to be a bargain but it wont be if it significantly reduces the life of my batteries.

I dont know if its exactly the same then that what i bought on ebay, but what i boght on ebay was from HonKong too and it just works fine. by the Way it is the same battery like in Galaxy or in the first Onia, so the charger isn't new. With the charger im completely satisfied, the led changes from red to green when tha akku is full and i even feel so, that the akku lasts longer when charged extern.

So, the charger looks the same, i think its working fine

Edited by willdmo

Guest ahardie
I dont know if its exactly the same then that what i bought on ebay, but what i boght on ebay was from HonKong too and it just works fine. by the Way it is the same battery like in Galaxy or in the first Onia, so the charger isn't new. With the charger im completely satisfied, the led changes from red to green when tha akku is full and i even feel so, that the akku lasts longer when charged extern.

So, the charger looks the same, i think its working fine

Thanks for that Willdmo. That is very helpful.

Guest shottiee

I also bought a spare battery and external battery charger off e-bay for less than USD15 total. So far been using about 3 weeks without any fuss. The charger light turns green once it's fully charged. Sometimes I forget to turn it off and leave it charging for 36 hours. When I touch the battery (while it's still in the charger), it's not hot at all.

So yeah, go ahead with the purchase. It's a worthwhile investment.

Guest michael2006

I am using Momax U.Charger, which is compatible to both i8000 and i900. It has a slot to charge the battery directly as well as a USB cable for you to charge via phone.