Flashlight

Yeah, didn't work on my Verizon O2 either.

I have noticed on Samsung website that there is a new SDK which supports GT-B7610 Omnia Pro. I didn't have a look what functions it supports but hopefully the flashlight as well. If I have a little time I will try to recompile my application with this new SDK and post it here so you can try it again.

Edit:

Ok, I recompiled it with the new SDK so try if it works. According to Samsung new API supports GT-B7610 Omnia Pro, GT-B7620 Armani, GT-I8000 Omnia II, SCH-i920 Omnia II. So this should work with those phones.

Torch.Arm.CAB

Edited by wes58

Guest amdzero
I have noticed on Samsung website that there is a new SDK which supports GT-B7610 Omnia Pro. I didn't have a look what functions it supports but hopefully the flashlight as well. If I have a little time I will try to recompile my application with this new SDK and post it here so you can try it again.

Edit:

Ok, I recompiled it with the new SDK so try if it works. According to Samsung new API supports GT-B7610 Omnia Pro, GT-B7620 Armani, GT-I8000 Omnia II, SCH-i920 Omnia II. So this should work with those phones.

Works on Verizon O2 now thanx!

Guest bcwatson

Edit:

Still having problems. "File download failed. Could not locate header information"

Do I need to install something else first?

Guest bcwatson

Edit:

Still having problems. "File download failed. Could not locate header information"

Do I need to install something else first?

Guest StreetSamurai

I had a similar experience to Snow02's on my SCH-i920 Omnia II. The flash came on for about a second and then went back off.

Have you considered collaborating with the author of TorchButton (NetRipper), or perhaps trying to incorporate some of his features into your application? His application supports turning on the flash in two different brightness levels and also supports a steady or a flashing light from the flash. Unfortunately his program isn't currently compatible with the SCH-i920 Omnia II.

TorchButton link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=581382

Thanks much for your efforts!

Edited by StreetSamurai

Edit:

Working on omnia pro b7610 but only by four secunds. It is possible to turn it on/off ?????????

Guest dwallersv
Is it supposed to just come on for a few seconds and then turn off automatically? It would be nice if it had an on/off once you ran the program. Using vzw O2.

I had a similar experience to Snow02's on my SCH-i920 Omnia II. The flash came on for about a second and then went back off.

Have you considered collaborating with the author of TorchButton (NetRipper), or perhaps trying to incorporate some of his features into your application? His application supports turning on the flash in two different brightness levels and also supports a steady or a flashing light from the flash. Unfortunately his program isn't currently compatible with the SCH-i920 Omnia II.

TorchButton link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=581382

Thanks much for your efforts!

Working on omnia pro b7610 but only by four secunds. It is possible to turn it on/off ?????????

Guys, go back and read post #14.

Guest dwallersv

Hmmmm, works, but there is a stability problem.

Are you treating the registry delay value as a signed integer? I tried setting it to 0xFFFFFFFF (really really big unsigned number, -1 signed), and after turning it on, and then off, the process persisted, and no further invocations could turn it on again. After killing the torch.exe process, it still didn't start working again without a reboot.

Guest Omega Ra
Hmmmm, works, but there is a stability problem.

Are you treating the registry delay value as a signed integer? I tried setting it to 0xFFFFFFFF (really really big unsigned number, -1 signed), and after turning it on, and then off, the process persisted, and no further invocations could turn it on again. After killing the torch.exe process, it still didn't start working again without a reboot.

Having same issue. I can run it. But unless I let it time out (i have it set to 30 seconds) it won't start again until reboot.

Guest treedabl

Edit:

This works great on my SCH-i920. Thanks

Guest chriswells13
Having same issue. I can run it. But unless I let it time out (i have it set to 30 seconds) it won't start again until reboot.

I have the same problem. I set it to 10 seconds and if I try to turn it off before that by tapping the icon again, I get an error message and need to reboot if I want to use it again. My solution is to just let it time out and if I need it for more than 10 seconds I'll just start it again.

I have the same problem. I set it to 10 seconds and if I try to turn it off before that by tapping the icon again, I get an error message and need to reboot if I want to use it again. My solution is to just let it time out and if I need it for more than 10 seconds I'll just start it again.

The only phone I could test it on is OMNIA2 i8000 and it works fine for me.

Maybe you could write more details about you error so I can try to set it up the same on my phone and see if I get the same problem:

What error message do you get?

Did you change the value of timeout in the registry?

If so, what value did you set it to?

Set the registry value to 30000 (30 seconds). Press to turn on and let it time out and everything is fine. But if i press it again to turn it off it kicks back a devices.exe error, the process stays running (viewed in task manager), and the program cannot be restart until the phone is rebooted. It is a consistent error.

Set the registry value to 30000 (30 seconds). Press to turn on and let it time out and everything is fine. But if i press it again to turn it off it kicks back a devices.exe error, the process stays running (viewed in task manager), and the program cannot be restart until the phone is rebooted. It is a consistent error.

Well I tried what you wrote, setting time out to 30sec and switching it on and off with a button and a shorcut at least 20 times and no problems at all. My phone is i8000. So it must be something specific to you phone, if you have a different one. I doubt that it would fix it but you can try to install the Samsung cab. I only used one file from it but Samsung suggest to install it (it has some other dll which I am not using in this application. There are two cabs attached one is for WM pro the other for standard. Chose the one that corresponds to your phone, I assume it will be pro. Let me know how you go and what phone you have. 

smi_wm_std_sdk_redist_2_1_0.cab

smi_wm_pro_sdk_redist_2_1_0.cab

Guest NewForce
Extract the attached folder to my storage or storage card.

Move the shortcut in the folder to device\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

go to start-settings-personal settings-buttons

map one of the button to flash light

Thanks for your sharing MaliciousKen! It work perfectly months ago on my Singapore Omnia-2.

Because I like very much, I'd helped to repack it as a CAB installation file. Hope it does help some newbie. ;)

Omnia_2_Flash_Light.cab

Guest gcmarotto
Thanks for your sharing MaliciousKen! It work perfectly months ago on my Singapore Omnia-2.

Because I like very much, I'd helped to repack it as a CAB installation file. Hope it does help some newbie. ;)

Omnia_2_Flash_Light.cab

I installed this using the CAB. But it's not working. Do I have to do the other things in this thread if I install using the CAB?

Guest NewForce
I installed this using the CAB. But it's not working. Do I have to do the other things in this thread if I install using the CAB?

This CAB was intended for Samsung i8000. What phone are you using?

I am having the same problem as Snow02 and the others in using the latest torch cab by wes58. If I turn off the light without letting it timeout the torch app will not work again until I do a soft reset. At the same time the camera app will also not work and will give the message "camera module not found." After the soft reset the camera as well as the torch app will again work. The problem occurs whether or not I have modified the registry to allow the light to stay on longer until the timeout. My phone is the Verizon Omnia 2. I have also tried it after loading the Samsung SDK pro cab provided by wes58, but still get the same error so that cab had no effect. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Guest Omnia65
Unfortunately it is using Samsung API, so until they provide support for B7610, I don't think it can be done. I made it for my Omnia 2 and because I was happy with the result I wanted to share it.

I have the verizon omniaII and i cant get the flashlight to work .I followed all the instructions and tried my device and my storage .Any suggestions ?

Same, crashes if open it "twice" -- we really need a program that has a GUI with an option for no timeout, just simple on \ off.

This is still great though, i'm glad it works as long as you don't open it while it's already running.

Edited by surgex

Guest costipl

Well, SSBubbleLevel has a touch button to turn the flashlight on. I've been using it as a placeholder until a better solution appears and it works fine.

Actually, for me the best thing would be a toggle - press the selected hardware key = launch app (flashlight on); press it again = close app (flashlight off). No GUI, no timeout.