Enable Samsung default lock screen

Guest bluhound
I use HZHJC2 stock rom and I can assure you this method doesn't work properly in HZHJC2.

Use Tylwith Samsung Lockscreen modification, it takes up about 4mb of RAM (1.02mb for S2u2.exe, 0.28 for ilock.exe, 1mb eaten up by S2U2 application at start-up, 1mb for tocuh radio skin and another mb for touch player skin, both of which were present in 6.1 lock screen)

OK, thanks for informing us that. FYI, I am using a custom HZHJC2 ROM (Build 23550.5.5.0 aka WM 6.5.5) which I assume you already know as you have quoted my previous post.

Anyway, about RAM usage, I only have one app running for this lock screen, LockScreen.exe with memory usage of 1.01M.

Guest bluhound
Tnx for the blue icon info, so it's redundant for people who are not on Verizon...

FYI: If you change the value: "HKCU\Software\Samsung\LockScreen\Lock\Clock" to 1 (big clock) or 2 (small clocK) the format will be changed. These registry changes are visual straight on the next lock event.

How's your flash knowledge? Do you know how to add stuff like weather update which needs weather graphics and some parse (xml data probably) code?

Ah, should have messed around with the registry longer.. Thanks for the info. :(

I would say that my knowledge on Flash is quite poor. :P

Also, I think its best not to mess with the swf code as its Samsung's proprietary lock screen. You don't want their legal department to come knocking at your door, wouldn't you? :(

Edited by bluhound

Guest Del1701

I must be having a thick moment, but with this lockscreen installed how do you answer your phone ?

I'm asking this because wen I install this it all works fine but when I get a call I cannot answer it without first unlocking the phone then I have to use the left soft key to get the samsung dialer up then I have to press the answer button on the samsung dialer as the hardware buttons dont work :P

Is this right or am I missing something ?

• 1 month later...
Guest Del1701

I thought I would revive this thread, a fella over on the omnia pro boards has made a cab to enable the samsung lock screen on 6.5 roms on the omnia pro. So I tried it on my omnia 2 and it works like a charm, very light on ram, shows all alerts that it should ie, text calls ect and it has full media player controls on it :(

All credit goes to Sumit Bhardwaj for making this cab. I hope he dosen't mind me posting his work over here.

http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...reen-on-wm-6-5/

Guest DunKnow
I thought I would revive this thread, a fella over on the omnia pro boards has made a cab to enable the samsung lock screen on 6.5 roms on the omnia pro. So I tried it on my omnia 2 and it works like a charm, very light on ram, shows all alerts that it should ie, text calls ect and it has full media player controls on it :(

All credit goes to Sumit Bhardwaj for making this cab. I hope he dosen't mind me posting his work over here.

http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...reen-on-wm-6-5/

Thank You for your finding :(, it works on the stock roms flawlessly, i met with no problems installling and enabling the cool lockscreen. I would prefer this lockscreen that the original windows mobile one.

Guest Pete B

I'm pretty sure uninstalling this should revert it back to the wm 6.5 lock screen as it is installed by a cab file. Have I got this correct or will it require more than just an uninstall to return back to the original wm 6.5 lock screen?

Guest DunKnow

I do notice when you use this lockscreen, when you get phone calls, your call accepting dialog will appear in front of the lockscreen, defeating the purpose of the lockscreen..