CABS for Tips Updated 28-12-09

Guest Tylwith

Hello,

I thought it was quite tedious after a flash to always go to the registry to set up things so i made some cabs on the tips topic

Please Read the Tips and Faq first.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...d-programs-faq/

the RingIncrease only works up to firmware H3 ... after that it just mutes the phone

Disable camera sound only disables autofocus sound, recording sound and SHUTTER3

enable settings rotation: enables the settings menu in 6.5 rom and also allow to map the rotation to a hard key.

The enable threaded sms will work after using disableSkinSmSEmail.cab

I thinks the other names are understandable enough

i will try to go trought all the tips and create cab and will update this topic.

If you think that some tips can be useful to be cabed post here and i will see if i have time to do it .

Update 20.10.09-3

Added 4 rows for windows 6.5 start up menu with honeycomb

Update 21.10.09

Added 6.1 menusettings .cab for people who want to enable disable touchwiz ui on 6.5 (my advice is to uninstall the cab after doing the modification because even if i have tested most of the option some may not work or conflict with 6.5)

Update 22.10.09

Added Disable Start and Shudown Sounds cab to disable the anoying samsung sound when you switch off and on the O2

Update 06.11.09

Added CameraSoundSh1.cab which disable autofocus sound,recording sound and SHUTTER01

Update 9.11.09

Added Lighsensorfix: fixed the light sensor refresh rate on 6.1 (and recent 6.5 firmware).Tested on H5

Update 28.12.09

added enable front camera to take photo with the front camera working on 6.1 and 6.5

Tylwith

DisableCameraSound.cab

Enable_Settings_rotation.cab

EnableDialerSkin.cab

DisableDialerSkin.cab

RingIncrease.cab

DisableSkinSmsEmail.cab

EnableThreadedSms.cab

4RowsMenuWithHoneyComb.cab

SettingMenu.cab

DisableStartShutdownSounds.cab

Touch.cab

CameraSoundSh1.cab

lightsensorfix.cab

enable_frontcamera.cab

Edited by Tylwith

Guest tacchan23

Very good idea!

Some questions/suggestions:

1) RingIncrease.cab is for the 3sec ring delay? if so, I guess it works just up to H3 firmware... after that I couldn't find any solution other than record my ringtone at higher volume for the initial 3 secs

2) Make a cab for "Show Windows Setting in Start Menu" on wm6.5 rom (I think this one would be the most important thing to have after flashing to wm6.5 rom)

3) Other usefull cabs might be to remove Samsung SMS application

Guest Tylwith

1) RingIncrease.cab is for the 3sec ring delay? if so, I guess it works just up to H3 firmware... after that I couldn't find any solution other than record my ringtone at higher volume for the initial 3 secs

Yes as written in the tips and faq

2) Make a cab for "Show Windows Setting in Start Menu" on wm6.5 rom (I think this one would be the most important thing to have after flashing to wm6.5 rom)

Done it's the "enable settings rotation cab" it also enable the rotation shortcut for hard keys

i will add a description to it so people don't get confuse.

3) Other usefull cabs might be to remove Samsung SMS application

in my todo list but this one is a bit longer to do and i am very tired today.

Edited by Tylwith

Guest ronalgps

hey Tylwith

do you can do a cab original lock screen omnia 2 plz

thank u for your cab

i try the s2u2 but i dont like to mani

I dumped the CSC_I8000HZHIH9.CSC AND I found the LockScreen.exe.0404.mui

do u can do something with that?

Edited by ronalgps

Guest Tylwith
hey Tylwith

do you can do a cab original lock screen omnia 2 plz

thank u for your cab

i try the s2u2 but i dont like to mani

I dumped the CSC_I8000HZHIH9.CSC AND I found the LockScreen.exe.0404.mui

do u can do something with that?

it's not possible yet to use directly the lockscreen from 6.1 because we can not overwrite the lock screen of 6.5 efficiently(or i can not because i tried for several day )

but you can go there i made a mod for s2u2 to launch the 6.1 lockscreen on 6.5

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...lt-lock-screen/

Guest peewee18

hello I have a problem.

after I installed RingInrease.cab I dont hear ringing anymore. Can you tell me whats the original registry value in "AttenuationCategory" which is changed ? I have rom i8000XXIJ8.. thx

Guest Tylwith
<br />hello I have a problem.<br />after I installed RingInrease.cab I dont hear ringing anymore. Can you tell me whats the original registry value in &quot;AttenuationCategory&quot; which is changed ? I have rom i8000XXIJ8.. thx<br />
<br /><br /><br /> the value is 4 if i remember well

Guest tacchan23

Maybe you should add in the first post that the RingIncrease only works up to firmware H3 (or H5 not sure)... after that it just mutes the phone :)

Edited by tacchan23

Guest Tylwith
Maybe you should add in the first post that the RingIncrease only works up to firmware H3 (or H5 not sure)... after that it just mutes the phone :)

good idea post edited

Guest tacchan23
value sets to 2 but still dont work :) any ideas ? Any other changes in reg ?

You modified this one? \HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring; Change the DWORD: AttenuationCategory to Value:

Guest peewee18
You modified this one? \HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring; Change the DWORD: AttenuationCategory to Value:

exactly, change to value 2 but dont work. Maybe I must do a hard reset :/

Guest forelli
Hello,

I thought it was quite tedious after a flash to always go to the registry to set up things so i made some cabs...

Tylwith

Thanks a lot bro, that's very useful!

forelli