WiFi connection lags

When i connect to internet with the WiFi connection, my Omnia II becomes very slow. Other computers connected to the same router is very fast. Is there a menu for the speed in Wifi mode?

I use WM6.5pro

• 6 months later...
Guest Tomas Janovsky
When i connect to internet with the WiFi connection, my Omnia II becomes very slow. Other computers connected to the same router is very fast. Is there a menu for the speed in Wifi mode?

I use WM6.5pro

I have same problem. About 100-400 kByte/sec.

Guest ray1234

100-400KB/s is slow?? This is a pocketpc with a CPU of only 800mhz, at max I can download ftp via wifi at 800KB/s. Using HSDPA, it is only 200KB/s. You cant compare a phone with a PC.

Guest Tomas Janovsky
100-400KB/s is slow?? This is a pocketpc with a CPU of only 800mhz, at max I can download ftp via wifi at 800KB/s. Using HSDPA, it is only 200KB/s. You cant compare a phone with a PC.

YES it is SLOW!!! The speed is same as my 7 year old FSC LOOX 720 with WIFI B with 520MHz CPU!!! So I am really disapointed with i8000!

Guest Rothariger

i have a similiar problem... but what i have seen with the spb wireless manager is that it transmit intermittent... i get i dont know, 200 b at one, then it stops, for 1 or 2 secs (maybe more), and then again 200b, and so on....

Guest Tomas Janovsky

I have tried to switch my WiFi router to 802.11g mode only and my i8000 worked in same speed but about 2-5 minutes, after that it appeared error message on the phone.

Guest ray1234
YES it is SLOW!!! The speed is same as my 7 year old FSC LOOX 720 with WIFI B with 520MHz CPU!!! So I am really disapointed with i8000!

I have an Asus A620 which is running only 400Mhz CPU. With Wifi card, it only manages about 100KB/s, I suppose your LOOX 720 manages not much more than that, with my i8000 it is 800KB/s, that is a bit faster already, although nothing much worth mentioning as compared to the speed of PC it is still very slow...

Ah and one important thing, when you download and save a file, YOU MUST SAVE IT UNDER MAIN STORAGE! The speed difference is huge! I can only manage 800KB/s saving to main memory, if I save to My Storage or Storage Card, the speed will be down to below 100KB/s even on wifi.

Edited by ray1234

Guest Tomas Janovsky
I have an Asus A620 which is running only 400Mhz CPU. With Wifi card, it only manages about 100KB/s, I suppose your LOOX 720 manages not much more than that, with my i8000 it is 800KB/s, that is a bit faster already, although nothing much worth mentioning as compared to the speed of PC it is still very slow...

Ah and one important thing, when you download and save a file, YOU MUST SAVE IT UNDER MAIN STORAGE! The speed difference is huge! I can only manage 800KB/s saving to main memory, if I save to My Storage or Storage Card, the speed will be down to below 100KB/s even on wifi.

My LOOX runs 350kB/s. So if your i8000 runs with 800kB/s and my i8000 max 400kB/s so I've got probably broken machine.

Guest surenz

The things are not so simple.

With Resco explorer and shared folders with windows 7 in 802.11g connections I hardly was reaching 250-300 kBytes/s.

With that Web server ( http://www.julien-manici.com/windows_mobil...remote_access/) I could reach even 900 kBytes/s no matters where I'm saving the file.

More than this I think even HTC HD2 that claims to have 802.11n adapter included is not able to reach.

Guest ray1234
The things are not so simple.

With Resco explorer and shared folders with windows 7 in 802.11g connections I hardly was reaching 250-300 kBytes/s.

With that Web server ( http://www.julien-manici.com/windows_mobil...remote_access/) I could reach even 900 kBytes/s no matters where I'm saving the file.

More than this I think even HTC HD2 that claims to have 802.11n adapter included is not able to reach.

Yes, with shared folders I also can't reach 800KB/s

But take into consideration this - even on your desktop/notebook, downloading shared folder via wifi is going to be slower than direct download from internet, so how can you expect your pocketpc to perform the same?

Guest Tomas Janovsky
Yes, with shared folders I also can't reach 800KB/s

But take into consideration this - even on your desktop/notebook, downloading shared folder via wifi is going to be slower than direct download from internet, so how can you expect your pocketpc to perform the same?

I have tried to download something via FTP and speed was same - about 200-400. But as I wrote when I tried to switch my WiFi router only to 802.11g the phone driver has crashed with an error.

• 7 months later...