Omnia 2: Tweaks, Flash Guide, Suggested Programs, FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest frankcilo
Does it work for you on the first ring too? or just after the first ring?

Also it wasn't filtering SMS when I tried it (maybe my mistake).

The UI is not so user friendly too.

1) yes

2) it is filtering sms

3) there are the instruction on internet

Trust me, I tried them all, this is the best

Guest tacchan23
1) yes

2) it is filtering sms

3) there are the instruction on internet

Trust me, I tried them all, this is the best

What does it have more/better than MagiCall?

I'll give it another try anyway:)

Guest mightymouse1045
What does it have more/better than MagiCall?

I'll give it another try anyway:)

I tried version 2.3.3 Build 741 which is the only "open" version I could find and I prefer MagiCall. If MagiCall can bring in sms filtering then that wins hands down.

Put it this way I installed and configured call sms blocker and tried calling from my gf's phone and it didn't hide the call. I tried to sms from my gf's phone and it didn't hide the sms. I put a password on it also but it is easy to get into the logs and there is no app to run the program that I could find you have to add it back to the today screen to get into it.

When I installed magicall and tried calling from my gf's phone it hid the call and no noticeable effect on my phone. Password protection works and cannot be bypassed unless uninstall the app. You can delete the icon for it and access it via resco file explorer easily enough. Which I think for the casual person who happens to pick my phone up when i leave it around the house or wherever is definitely good enough. This has many more features than sms call blocker and is much more intuitive to use. I like the ability with the actions - ie action 1 mute the call, action 2 launch app TCPMP with parameter pointing to wav file (small beep). So I here a sound like a hardware key has been pressed by accident and then I know I have a hidden call I've missed and can check it when free.

By the way MagiCall DOES filter on incoming sms messages - it just doesn't have the option to HIDE or encrypt the message. But you can Read and Move the message to another sub folder and I am currently looking at registry settings to HIDE that folder from the view in folder list - if I can find that then no need to use easy helper below.

For sms I am using the Easyhelper SMS security in conjunction with MagiCall - unfortunately there is no "open" version I can find so only 15 day trial unless I buy it but I am waiting for MagiCall 3 to bring out the SMS security side of things.

Aside from the cloak and dagger side of it MagiCall can be used for any purpose and it is simple to enable or disable a rule - open the app - check the rule you want and bam it's on or off.

Edited by mightymouse1045

Guest netbuster

Wow, fantastic! Great tips, thanks...I could go on.

I think that being able to auto rotate specific programs would

be excellent but when looking in the 6.5 registry I can't find

anything that says Autorotation here hklm\Software\Autorotation.

I have enabled WinMo settings. Am I missing another setting

somewhere?

Guest tacchan23
but when looking in the 6.5 registry I can't find

anything that says Autorotation here hklm\Software\Autorotation.

I have enabled WinMo settings. Am I missing another setting

somewhere?

Maybe it depends on the ROM version? I'm on IK1 at the moment and I have the hklm\Software\Autorotation path in the registry

what's is a good WM app, for monitoring data usage, tailored for checking only 3G/GPRS w/o aggregating wi-fi? and gives a total for up+down streams? fware preferred.

Also, anyone came across an appln. that can play fake bground noise, like in airport, train station, urban or office environment, while on the phone with someone? so that you can pretend you are out, when you are actually in bed (with another woman....lol..(existed in old gigabyte phones)

Edited by jaiong

Guest tacchan23
I need help - blacklight doesn't turn off anymore after flashing to 6.5. I have to press the button to turn off.

Thanks.

Did you also flash eboot? if you upgrading from 6.1 to 6.5 it seems good to flash eboot too.

Guest tacchan23
meaning it will work with even media player except touch player?

Touch Player already has built-in SRS WOW HD, so it will use it instead. (that's from what I understand, I didn't test it yet)

Guest tacchan23
hmm which samsung player u're refering lol.. i always have the thinking that touch player is samsung's player

Yes, Touch Player. But in newer wm6.5 ROMs it has been renamed to MediaPlayer (while the windows one has been named WindowsMedia)

Guest grandetot

Is there a way to uninstall Samsung MMS? The program is pretty bad, considering it won't even resize images that are to big to send.

I'd like to install Arcsoft, but I think it conflicts with Samsung MMS 1.0

Guest grandetot

Is there a way to uninstall Samsung MMS? The program is pretty bad, considering it won't even resize images that are to big to send.

Guest tacchan23

Did you try disabling the Samsung SMS application? other than that, it's not possible to complitely remove the application at the moment (it will be possible with cooked rom I think)

help needed..upgraded to wm6.5..Phone answers in speaker mode..

installed a few tweaking apps, but no enabling of answering in speakermode.

what could be wrong?..any way to tweak it back to default?

advice appreciated..

Guest tacchan23
help needed..upgraded to wm6.5..Phone answers in speaker mode..

installed a few tweaking apps, but no enabling of answering in speakermode.

what could be wrong?..any way to tweak it back to default?

advice appreciated..

Happend to me yesterday too after installing Inesoft Phone and uninstalling it. The default WM caller phone asnwered in speaker mode.

I guess you have to try install/uninstall some programs or hard reset.

Guest drcarlos23

I was not able to do this second part to set a button to manually rotate: Then open Settings – Personal – Buttons and assign to any button the command “Rotate Screen” (you can see this option after you change the registry and only in winmo setting page).

Where to find Settings Personal Buttons? In the registry too? Because there is no Setting- Personal at windows menus, I can olny find Settings than after you can choose basic settings or advanced settings, than after general settings from basic settings to reach buttons options. Please help me out

Guest tacchan23
I was not able to do this second part to set a button to manually rotate: Then open Settings – Personal – Buttons and assign to any button the command “Rotate Screen” (you can see this option after you change the registry and only in winmo setting page).

Where to find Settings Personal Buttons? In the registry too? Because there is no Setting- Personal at windows menus, I can olny find Settings than after you can choose basic settings or advanced settings, than after general settings from basic settings to reach buttons options. Please help me out

You have to use the WM Settings, not the Samsung Settings.

If you using WM 6.5 rom, you need to first enable the WM Settings to appear on your Start Menu. (you can find how to do that manually or the CAB in the opening post)